“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #120 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great Stay, I got the hotel for my grandparents for my graduation and I stayed one night. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The hotel is right of the highway which is awkward during high traffic time. Overall pleased...........

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in Atlanta and was glad to hear of the renovations. It is beautiful! The updated rooms are warm and inviting and so comfortable. I love the suite concept and since I like to bring my own food the microwave and refrigerator are a must. The customer service is 2nd to none. I have been departing/arriving the past 3 days and someone at the desk always speaks to me as I leave and return. They are so cordial and friendly. It is so convenient to 285/75 so you can get anywhere in this part of Atlanta very quickly. The malls close by and good restaurants make it a prime location. There is a huge baseball tournament in town and quite a few of the teams are staying in the hotel and some on my hallway, so I was concerned about noise, but I have not heard anyone and have slept wonderfully. Great job, Starwood! You will see me back at this property.

Room Tip: Ask for the short hallways. There are less rooms so not as much foot traffic. They are close to the...
Green Features: I appreciate the separate trash cans for recyclables and the reuse of towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We arrived at the Sheraton Galleria late in the evening and met Jule Bell as soon as we walked in the door. Even though they were packed to the rafters he managed to accommodate us with a top floor suite. When we walked in the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. When I got in the shower I didn't ever want to get out the water pressure was awesome! Breakfast was hot and fresh in the morning and all the staff were pleasant and personable. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new friendship. We will return soon!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lantana, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My stay was overall good. There is still a bit of construction going on but the renovated room was very comfortable and relaxing. I had a room with an adjoining door to another room and could hear my neighbors phone conversation quite clearly. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I felt relatively safe but saw no security in the parking garage. Upon checkout the desk clerk advised they would email me a receipt. It is over 24 hours later and no receipt. I have been on hold over 11 minutes trying to get a receipt. I would stay here again- clean, large rooms and very comfortable.

Green Features: recycle available as well as opting out of daily cleaning
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
chrispW9130YF, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear WPBTA,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, it is much appreciated. We are glad we were able to meet your expectations regarding our staff and our newly renovated rooms. I do apologize though about your neighbors and hopefully you were able to get your folio from your stay. We do have security on property every night of the week as safety of our guests is top priority. Thank you again for your feedback and glad you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable suites. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recommend this to those who prefer to stay outside of downtown Atlanta. The room was big complete with a living room, walk-in closet/vanity room, and a sink with fridge & microwave. It is only a 15-minute drive to the CNN Headquarters. I didn't like that our parking was not free but the friendly front desk staff said she will take care of it and did not make us pay! Definitely will come back to this hotel when in Atlanta!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
chrispW9130YF, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear vv0280,
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. We certainly are glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated suites. The large space within the suite and amenities offered really make it a great experience. We hear from a lot of our guests that our location is also ideal as we are close to several key destinations within the city and offer easy access to the interstate. Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here for a night for a business trip.

Pros:
- Rooms are nice and big and hotel is clean - bed was big and had additional sofa seating with two televisions
- Has free continental breakfast for SPG premium members
- Free WiFi for SPG premium members
- Staff is helpful and courteous
- Location was close to where I was working and there are many eating opportunities (awesome taco place which was a 10 minute drive)

Cons:
- Lighting in the room didn't work so well (I had many lamps in the room which didn't all work). I also had to run around the room to turn them on rather than having them on a wall light switch
- Rooms are more traditional Sheraton (rather than a more contemporary Element, Westin)
- Had to pay for parking which was right next door, but prefer not to pay for it

SO, it's a business person's hotel. In general, I may complain too much about Sheraton properties because of their décor and hotel/room layouts which tend to be dated.

Good luck Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear James K,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. Your loyalty to Starwood is very much appreciated and we are glad you were able to enjoy some perks by being a Starwood Preferred Guest Member. I do apologize about the lamps in the room not working properly and the additional charge for parking. We will be upgrading our lobby very soon and hope you will be able to return to the property to enjoy in the up-coming months. Thank you again for your feedback.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Everything was up to standard. The staff was very helpful. They offered free shuttle service to the Cobb Galleria and the driver declined a tip when I offered it, explaining that the service was free. The young woman at the front desk was very helpful and wanted to make sure that my stay was pleasant in every way. The internet service was a little slow at first, but picked up after a few minutes. The breakfast buffet was excellent in terms of quality, but was a little too pricy. The buffet staff was very attentive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert M,
We appreciate your comments and kind works regarding the staff, your feedback is very valued. Our courtesy shuttle operates within a 3 mile range of the hotel and provides our guests with quick and easy transportation to the Galleria Center and surrounding businesses. We are also glad the internet met your needs as we have upgraded our entire system to meet the needs of our business and leisure guests. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.
Director of Operations

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!