“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Alabama
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great location .. Convenient to Cumberland mall and downtown ATL.
Rooms are average and very spacious . Rooms are comfortable but I expected more from the Sheraton brand. I would visit again, but don't expect any thrills.

• Stayed March 2013
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for listing your comments pertaining to our hotel and great location. We often get great comments on how well our guests enjoy our Sweet Sleeper bedding. We hope you will select our hotel during your next visit to the Cumberland/Galleria area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When we arrived I was met by smiling faces and a very welcoming hello. The stay was very friendly and helpful but then everything went down hill from here... When checking in I was told that my room had been given to a group of teenagers that had come in for a volleyball tournament. I waited for the staff to locate a room for my family and me that wasn't fit to be in a 1 star hotel. The room was old and out dated, the beds were not the pillow top as described and were very hard and the phone in the bedroom did not work. The bedroom and bathroom had antiquated sliding doors that when locked you could still slide open. The linen although clean had a very strong odor of chlorine which made it very difficult to sleep. The hotel was nice but if they attempt to put you in room 516 run for the door...No Joke it was that bad...The staff overall was very friendly and helpful...

Room Tip: No tip to offer as I was not given an option to see another room. My room 516 was terrible...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait for your guestroom at check in. I have given a copy of your comments to our Chef Engineer to inspect this room from top to bottom. I have also copied our Director of Housekeeping to inspect the bedding, all of our guestrooms have the Sweet Sleeper mattress with the pillow tops which is a standard of the Sheraton Brand. We do thank you for the great comments pertaining to our staff, they work very hard to make sure each of our guest have a great customer service experience while in our hotel.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Location was wonderful/walking distance to Galleria and Cumberland mall. On the North side of Atlanta by marrietta/kennessaw, coveniently off the interstate/easy access!
2 pools, parking $8.00 nite, restuarant, room size wonderful/spacious. 2 free bottles of water per nite, wet bar in room with microwave and mini-fridge. Service lacking.

Room Tip: Room set up for 3, they forgot top on of the sheets for sofa bed, I called to request a sheet, it wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your great comments on our hotel location and our spacious suites. We apologize for any lack of service issues you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff prides themselves on providing excellent service to all of our guest and take it serious when one of our guest state they did not get great service. Please join us again during your next stay in Atlanta so we can prove to you that your last stay was not the norm for our staff.
Alabaster, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites because we were given a gift certificate for two nights because of a horrendous stay at another Sheraton. With that said its hard to be critical when we did not have to pay but I must give a fair review as if we had paid for our stay. I'll start with the good things. 1) The staff was very friendly and very helpful. 2) The room size was adequate. Although I couldnt figure out why the bathroom takes up half the room size. 3) The room was clean as well as the hotel. Now the negatives. 1) the furniture was outdated and not comfortable. The chair and sofa were worn out. 2) Although clean one sofa cushion had a hole in it and the carpet had a stain in it. 3) The room was very noisy, we could hear every move the elevator made as well as every toilet flush in the rooms around us. 4) Dont be fooled by the indoor pool claim. The indoor pool is an extension of the regular pool and it is not much bigger than a hot tub. My kids were overrun by 2 undisciplined kids who fit in the pool with them. I believe the hotel just needs to be updated.

Room Tip: This hotel is for business travelers. Dont get room near elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments and selecting our hotel for to use your gift certificate. We also you for the great comments pertaining to our staff, they work hard to make sure each guest request is taken care of. Pertaining to the condition of the guestroom I will definitely pass this alone to our management. I do apologize for the noise you encounter during your stay, we would have definitely moved you to a room at the end of the hall if we were aware again we apologize for the inconvenience Thank you for your comments and we do hope you and your family stay with us again in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel's location was perfect for me because it was adjacent to convention center and had many restaurants very close and most within walking distance adjacent to mall, but there were many features that were lacking. Firstly, the bathroom tile needs to be updated. The tub itself is larger than normal, but the shower curtain is so poor no wonder they have water damage around the tub. Coffee pods they supply are too big for coffeemaker, so as a result you have to stuff it into coffeemaker and it gets clogged. Two of the big things for me is there is no drawers for clothes, except for nightstands on each side of bed. Another big thing for me, is there is no where to charge your phone right next to bed. They need to upgrade the wall lamps by bed, with lamps including charger for phone. Now this one is a safety issue. To get across the main street the city built the bridge for pedestrians, however, to get to it you have to cross a road behind hotel, and there is no pedestrian crossing. As a result, no cars will stop for you. I mentioned it to hotel and they said they were working with the county to put a pedestrian crossing up. Lastly, while I was waiting at elevator on 9th floor of parking garage I was approached by a man asking me for money. Very scary. The hotel should have an area where elevators are that are closed off and only accessible with your room key. The staff is friendly but the hotel is missing many important features. With a few upgrades it could be a great hotel!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your resent stay with us. I have copied your comments to our Housekeeping Director pertaining to the shower curtain and the coffee for the coffee maker. Pertaining to the number of drawers in the room and outlets near the bed, we will need to address that during our next renovation. Yes we agree that it can be a challenge getting over to the mall on the one small street that separates the parking deck from the mall parking lot. We have notified the Mall management and the city about adding a cross walk but we can’t put one there because it is the Shopping Mall’s property and they would have to give the city permission to place it there. Pertaining to the parking garage being more secure, since it is an open space we cannot block it off to pedestrians however we do have security cameras in place and the area has sufficient lighting. We will make sure all of your concerns are addressed and forwarded to our management team and we do hope you will select our hotel once again during your next stay in the Atlanta area.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel was a bit run down. Although the room size was generous, the bathroom tiles needed re-grouting and the walls were buckling a bit from water damage. The air quality in the room was stuffy. The gym was small, dirty and the equipment rusty and old. The hotel staff were lovely but the nice woman at reception had no idea about a conference at the nearby convention center. She had to get her manager who knew of it and then gave me complicated walking directions to get there (through a garage, over a main highway and through a parking lot, across a covered bridge and down stairs and around the convention center). I only found out later from another guest that the hotel offers a shuttle every 30 minutes! Not very helpful Ms Manager. The location of course is to support the convention center, leaving drab views of shopping malls, highways and parking lots.lastly, I ordered breakfast on the door slip and the next morning room service delivered at the last minute of my time slot and having forgotten my food...I just received my tea! She was warm and lovely and apologetic and offered to go back to the kitchen to get it, but I had run out of time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our stay at the Sheraton Suites Galleria was for business at the adjacent convention center so we loved the location for this. We took the MARTA bus in from the airport and found the stop was an easy walk just across the mall parking lot. There were many convenient restaurants at the mall as well. Check in/ check out was easy and everyone was very accommodating. Our biggest disappointment was with the poor internet quality. In 5 days we were never able to connect in our room and ended up sitting in the lobby nightly to catch up on the day's e-mail. The noise level was not an issue for us but we were aware of it and the lack of accessible outlets in the bedroom should be addressed. Altogether, this is a very nice hotel and one I would stay at again in the same circumstances. For visiting/sightseeing in Atlanta or Marietta however, it is too far by bus to enjoy. I would recommend a rental car.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comments pertaining to our excellent location. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will select us once again during your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!