“Nice Option for a Short Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #50 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Ocala, Florida
“Nice Option for a Short Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Needed a nice room near Emory University for a brief one night stay. The room was clean. The bedding was updated and very comfortable.

We were accidently booked in a king room. We were changed to a double room very quickly by the Front Desk. However, the hotel was pretty full and the new room was located on the Interstate 85 side of the property. However, we did not hear anything from the highway.

The renovations are almost completed. Just a few items of note that needed to be completed in the public areas.

Ordered pizza from room service. It was a Pizza Hut pizza that was prepared in the hotel's kitchen. The pizza was delivered within the 30 minutes that was promised and it was very good.

Did not make use of the pool facilities but it was busy and looked nice. Did not eat in the restaurant.

• Liked — Located Near Emory University and Within a Short Drive to the Buckhead Area
  • Disliked — Limited Restaurant Choices within Walking Distance
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

The hotel was in the final stages of a renovation so it had little effect on us. The rooms were quite nice and comfy. The air conditioning was a little difficult to control but we managed. The staff was friendly and helpful. While our stay was very nice, there were a few little things that detracted from the experience or could have. The facility is right next to the interstate - make sure you get a room not facing that direction. Because it is an atrium design, it can get noisy - book a room on the higher floors. The restaurant was a real problem. The service was abysmally slow and the food was mediocre at best. Finally, I thought the price we paid for the room was high for the value. Again, the overall experience was quite pleasant, but certainly no value.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Room was very nice; you can tell it was recently renovated. Very comfy bed and great down comforter. I like that the coffee maker is NOT in the bathroom. It's on the desk. Much better.
The bathrooms are VERY small but the orange ginger shampoo is great.
Reception was fine. Pool area very nice though they should change out the fountain for a hot tub.
Food served during the conference was excellent.
Though the open atrium is very nice, you tend to hear everything going on, and the elevator noises just echo through the whole area. I put a towel by the door gap to try to keep the outside (atrium) sounds out.
But this is where the conference was, so it was convenient.
Would I stay here again? Probably, but I'd check other options too.

• Liked — Rooms were very nice
  • Disliked — No refrigerator in the room; no free internet access
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

The good: Nice room, Bath & Body Works toiletries, clean, friendly staff, nice outdoor pool space, coffee shop in lobby, nice bed linens (real pillows & comforters, not the old school scary polyester stuff).

The bad: Room service was late, wake up call was not received, Internet is not free

Vegetarian info: room service has very limited options for meals for vegetarians and were not very accommodating when asked for alternatives.

This hotel isn't in a great location for sightseeing, but I had to work down the road so it was very convenient.

I would stay at this hotel again, and would seek out Marriotts in other cities when called on to travel again based upon this experience.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Room Service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El paso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

This was the worst Marriot I have every stayed in. The term "full service" does not apply here. The whole experience started at check in. My room was not ready till 5pm. I was ok with this since there are alway unforseen circumstances. I have worked in customer service before so I was very understanding. This was a bit unnerving since I am a platinum member of marriot which does guarentee a room on check in. I never recieve my marriot platinum gift and was never offered it. There was no beel hop to help with bags, when i asked for one they said they didn't have one later that day I saw one by the door I
asked if he was there earlier he said he was they just needed to page
him since he was helping someone else. I then tried to use a platinum
coupon for the restaurant. which they refused to use for room service
and the restaurant. This all went by without a complaint till I went for lunch a tthe bar/restaurant. When they were not bust We waited over an hour for our food which never came anour drinks that were never refilled (you get thirsty waiting for food that never comes) We left without eating since we had an appointment. Upon leaving the
waitress was "nice" enough to say they were not going to bill us for the food, not so for drinks. I left and was approached by a greeter asking me how my stay was I told him about the incident. he said walked away and never returned. later that night i went to the front desk to ask what happened. I was greeted rudely, they denied that that assistant manager was even there and the in a very demeaning matter asked "Was i even staying there?" I replied that it shouldn't matter if I was staying there I was a patron at the restaurant and they should treat eveyone the same way. I later called the coorporate
office where they mentioned it to the staff. They contacted me once and said "sorry" but disbelieved my story. After that the front desk staff became very spiteful toward me. I had a piece of important mail
that never showed up at the front desk but by the way they smirked when they said it never came. I know they disposed of it. "I can't prove it but I know they did" This has been the worse expirence I have ever had Iconsidered never going to a Marriot again but i have been to other Marriots and the service was great. I recommend the downtown residence inn or peachtree Marriot instead I have stayed there and they were very nice. There is a serious atmosphere of miscommunication and disrepect in the front desk staff and bar/
restaurant at this hotel. Housekeeping there is very exceelent but thats the only good point. I also never recieved point from this marriot I had to submitt reciepts to the coporate office since the front desk staff took that off my account for wanting decent service. Never go to this hotel.....

• Liked — housekeeping was very nice and effiecient
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Great for a quick in-town get away - beautiful renovation, spacious room, great bed, relaxing decor. Buffet breakfast the next morning was prepared as though expecting a large crowd.
Staff friendly & helpful, easy check in/out. Will go back when the pool is open!

• Liked — newly renovated
  • Disliked — everything was fine, nothing detracted
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Hood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

I went to Atlanta with a friend of mine in February. We stayed at the Marriott Century Center, and we really enjoyed it. The beds were absolutely heavenly. I've never slept on a more comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly, and seemed to go out of there way to help us. The only draw back to this hotel is that the restaurant is rather pricey and doesn't have much of a selection. All in all, it was a great stay. I would definately go back!

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The distance from the airport and downtown
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!