“NowTHIS is what I consider Luxury!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“NowTHIS is what I consider Luxury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is what I consider a luxury hotel, from minute you step into its doors, to the time you leave. The service was exceptional. I stayed in an Executive Suite on the 15th floor. The suite was very large, modern and new, and also had to full baths. Excellent views. I really do have to give it to the staff... They make the experience of this hotel 10 time better.... KUDOS!! I will and do plan and going back!!!

Room Tip: My moto, always go for the higher floors, you will get a better view, when possible
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing our ladies and gentlemen and your great review. We truly appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Millbrook, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife & I celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary on Saturday 11/23/2013. We chose the Ritz Carlton because they came highly recommended. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED!!! The staff was sooooo awesome, I cannot put into words how much we enjoyed our stay. Just to give you a taste...Upon check-in, my wife asked where she could get a cup of coffee. The front desk clerk stopped what she was doing and went & got my wife a cup of coffee. WOW!!! Try getting that kind of service at the Days Inn! The food, the valet staff, the restaurant staff, the housekeeping staff, everyone from the time we entered the building until we checked out...IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! We will be back for our next weekend gettaway.

Room Tip: Our room was GREAT!!! Can't speak to or about other rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Brian - Happy 23rd Anniversary! Thank you very much for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The competition is really starting to catch up to many of what was once truely exceptional hotels. The staff was very nice, and the rooms were very good, but so was a the room of a coworker who was staying down the street for half the money.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor and got very little street noise.
Green Features: They did not mention any green packages; as several of the places I have stayed recently offered. If they would have I would have taken one.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is located on Peachtree Street, downtown Atlanta, within walking distance of several notable attractions. This proximity is what makes staying at this hotel convenient. The lobby and adjoining bar is very nice, trendy in a welcoming way that can invite and accommodate all clientele of the hotel. Check in was simple, if not a bit over-the-top. As for the rooms, they are your standard fare for any reasonably nice hotel. By no means did I stay in a suite - perhaps they are amazing, but your regular room is just that, regular. Nicely appointed, clean, but nothing to make it noteworthy. Dinner at the hotel was very good - polite, efficient, without rushing you and a very helpful sommelier to suggest wine pairings.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again given its location, but there may be others nearby which may offer something a little more luxurious if that is what you are looking for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Elegant and slick from the moment the car swings into the hotel entrance, the car door swings open and you are greeted with a welcoming smile from the valets, front desk is Swiss made precision and before you know it, you are in your room. The furnishings are quality, a nice workstation and a really comfy bed. Wander down to the bar and ask Yuan to make you a Mojito....no need to go to Havana when she is on the case....When you step out you can take your choice of Meehans bar or Hooters or well whatever you want, its all within easy walking distance. Get to the Georgia Aquarium or, the new home of Coca Cola or the Olympic Park....this Hotel is Stella Artois...reassuringly expensive!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was bitten by a spider. Woke up with a huge, swollen, target-like (telltale of a spider bite) on my elbow and my face and arm were puffy. Called the front desk and the manager came up with loss prevention. Two days later I get an email from corporate asking if I'm okay and that guess what...it's not their fault. Their "extermination and cleaning records show they're not liable". Awesome. Yet I have this festering bite on my arm, clearly I brought the spider in myself or was bitten somewhere else (according to them). Doesn't matter that I came straight from the airport at midnight, did not check a bag and was wearing a tank top, long sleeved button down and heavy sweater coat...yeah I clearly was bitten before I arrived, damn spiders got under everything without me feeling a thing.

Really, inexcusably, horrible service. Did I mention I'm a Platinum member. So long marriott, back to Starwood or Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience during your recent visit to our property. We certainly take your observations with the utmost seriousness and have taken the appropriate steps to follow up on your claim. I have sent you a private message inviting you to contact me directly. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel in heart of downtown Atlanta. Service is top notch. Hotel is beautiful and the beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Hotel is in walking distance to Philips Arena. Many restaurants located near hotel. Bathrooms were a little small but very clean with nice toiletries.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments - it is very much appreciated.

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!