“Excellent service and staff remember my name” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
“Excellent service and staff remember my name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The service by the staff was fantastic. I only said my name at check-in and thereafter the staff addressed me by my name. Pretty amazing. The food was great and the accommodations was excellent. The mattress was so comfortable it made it hard to get out of bed each morning.
I recommend this hotel with confidence.

Stayed June 2013
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Miriam, thank you for your excellent review and your vote of confidence. We look forward to your return visit.

673 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Pasadena, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I must admit that the Ritz Carlton chain has never lived up to its exalted reputation in my book, and their downtown Atlanta hotel is sadly no exception. Having no choice in the selection of hotel since a company I consulted for was paying, I was hoping that this hotel would change my mind. Alas, that was not to be.

My office had sent a critically important fax to be given to me upon arrival. I warned them that in the past, the Ritz Carlton chain was not good at delivering them to me. This was again the case. First the reception insisted no fax had been received, and then went to check the fax machine, even though I said that it had been sent and received 4 hours previously and was unlikely to still be in the machine.

I refused to leave reception until the matter was sorted out, so I called my office and put my assistant on the phone with the front desk employee. Finally she acknowledged that perhaps it might be at the concierge desk, and sure enough that is where it was found. No one apologized to me for the inconvenience, as the search took up 15 minutes of my time, late at night when I had to be up very early for a flight the next morning. Sadly, in my experience, this is a typical screw up from the Ritz chain's employees.

The room was very small by Atlanta standards, but with all the conveniences, although the outlets for charging devices was situated such that there was almost no place to put one's computer or cell phone to charge. It was on the side of a bureau, next to the flat screen TV, even though there was a desk a few feet away, which would have been a better place for the charging station to be located.

The hotel provided bathrobe was ratty and clearly in need of replacement.

Otherwise, the room was functional and the bathroom had a nice shower and vanity area.

My room service breakfast arrived 10 minutes late, which is also not acceptable.

Given the wonderful selection of hotels in the Atlanta area, I will not be staying here again. It is overpriced and the service is poor for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ManuelDeisen, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience during your most recent visit to our property. I have sent you a private message as I would love to follow up with you personally. Thank you for your observations and feedback.
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel is expensive as all Ritz Carlton's are, but this one isn't worth it! Front desk had our reservations totally mixed up, complete with wrong date. When we gave our conf number they couldn't find that either. Bathrooms are tiny. Paper delivery happens only after a phone call every morning. Valet service is pleasant but a long wait.

Room Tip: Go to Buckhead Ritz...better choice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I would love to follow up with you directly and have sent you a private message with my contact information. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My maid of honor and I travelled here for a weekend away before my upcoming wedding. It was a fabulous time. The staff was very friendly and seemed to think if everything to accommodate us. The recommendations for places to eat and the best way to get to the mall were fantastic. I cannot wait for my next trip to Atlanta. This will be where my new husband and I will stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband as newlyweds and hope to make your future visit memorable.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a conference in downtown Atlanta. I was initially very excited to see that our hotel was a Ritz Carlton. But be warned - this hotel is much closer to a Marriott than those typical of its name sake. The rooms are small and rather dated looking. While the bedding and robes were quite nice, the bathroom in our room was laughably small. I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express with better.
The service is just like the room...perfectly fine. Nothing notable. The most memorable part of my stay was when I asked for restaurant suggestions for lunch, and the concierge recommended "Hooters" around the corner.

Overall, this a an ok hotel in downtown Atlanta. Just don't expect the Ritz Carlton experience.

Room Tip: Stay at the Bucktown hotel instead.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to survey our hotel and your feedback. I am very sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations nor ours. I am hopeful to connect with you for a personal follow up as I have sent you a private message with my contact information.
West Chester, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Friendly staff but rooms and facilities seem a bit dated to still command the fairly significant premia charged. There are better value premium choices in downtown Atlanta. Rooms seemed like old Marriott ones from the 20+ years ago. I seem to be echoing other recent reviews of this property. Underwhelming.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My first time staying at a ritz and it was definitely underwhelming. I would have to say the staff is great. That was pretty much the only way I could tell I was staying somewhere other than a marriott,hilton etc. The rooms were nice but average, not really what I was expecting, but I can't say I was unhappy, I guess because I did not pay for the room. The rooms had an endless supply of water, which I love. The bathroom had good lighting an awesome shower. The workout room was fine. It was clean, the equipment worked and seemed new. Again plent of bottled water and free!! Vitamin water and fruit. I loved the bar at the atlanta grill. Great martinis and live music. I only tried the crab soup which was tasty. A pleasant stay but I wouldn't over pay

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!