“Great Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Toronto
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, nice lobby area, and the Atlanta Grill was a very nice venue with good food. We had a lovely corner room, and the beds are amazing! I'd stay here again as the location is great. The staff are all very attentive and will assist you with any questions at any time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights here in conjunction with a conference. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly! I was greeted warmly each time I came back to the hotel which means a lot when you are traveling on business. I didn't use the robe in the closet, but am always glad to see one there. Getting two papers every morning was wonderful! I was especially happy to be able to pick up a NY Times Sunday edition by the elevator to enjoy at the end of the day. My bed was comfortable and the bathroom had all the requisite bath supplies, but I did notice that the towels felt a little thin and a couple I had were beginning to fray, which is not what I expect at a hotel of this reputation. My room had a wireless phone in it that had an antennae on it which reminded me of a phone I probably owned in the 1990's. The dust ruffle on my bed was frayed in several places and I noticed on my last night that the bottom sheet on the side of the bed I wasn't sleeping on had a faded stain of some sort on it. Ugh. I had a wonderful chair with ottoman for reading which I really appreciated in the evening. My room had a nice view which included the GP building across the street. I did meet friends one evening for a glass of wine in the lobby bar which is expensive ($14 for a glass of sauvignon blanc) but lovely and conducive to relaxing and talking. I love the look and feel of older hotels, but this one definitely needs a facelift soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The service at the Ritz Carlton is great. From the folks on the phone, to the door man, to the reception desk, to one of the managers who wanted to escort us up, and on down. the Service is great.

I was here to attend a meeting at the convention center, so staying downtown was very important.

The Ritz downtown, not to be confused with the one at Buckhead, is not very Ritz like in appearance. The building seems shoe horned onto the small lot on the corner of Ellis and Peachtree. The lobby is very small. The common areas are very small. The driveway is often clogged, and the rooms a little smallish.

The area is Okay but our cabbie told us not to walk South too far, as its sketchy at night.

All in all there are hotels just as night and a bit closer to the convention center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our second time staying here in the last year, and the quality remains excellent. We booked the game day package since we were attending a concert at the Georgia Dome which included valet parking, breakfast and stadium dollars. The staff are very friendly, and an added touch was that they all called us by our name: just a little thing, but it makes a huge difference. The hotel is so well located for visiting all of the tourist experiences: World of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Clean, luxurious room. Towels were a dream! Staff was very friendly and always had a smile. Bed and pillows were comfy! I didn't want to get out of bed. Only small complaint...we were in a room that had a door for adjoining room. The guest on the other side obviously had small children as we could hear them when the child was crying and being fussy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My experience of the customer service here definitely lived up to the Ritz reputation, with the exception of one staff member not following a request to keep the total bill away from the birthday girl we were treating to the hotel. But beyond that, very professional and friendly. Superior cleanliness throughout. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. Food in restaurant and in-room service was great. Located a half block from the Peachtree Center subway stop. All that said, it didn't blow me away like I thought a Ritz would. Décor is a bit outdated. Fitness center is small (although you can use one in the office building next door, but who wants to mess with that?). So if you find a good rate, it would be worth it. But I think had I paid the typical $300 plus, I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed here numerous times for work and have brought my wife and daughter on previous trips so they could enjoy downtown Atlanta while I attended meetings next door. We've always had excellent, attentive staff and a positive experience. The rooms are large for a downtown hotel, the finishings are luxurious and everything works well. The evening turn-down service is a nice touch with chocolates and music playing when you return. The peach jellybeans in the lobby are worth grabbing on your way in or out. If you need to stay downtown and can afford it, the Ritz is a good call.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!