“The Ritz :o) YES !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
London, United Kingdom
“The Ritz :o) YES !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited the ritz in 2009 and stayed here for a week. As soon as we step out of the vehicle we were greeted by lovely men at the door who took our bags and offered us bottles of water and also offered us complimentary cookies and ice tea.

The bed was WONDERFUL ...

The restaurant .... we came here twice for breakfast and then dinner.

I had a simple burger etc.... it was VERY nice..... likewise the breakfast.

The hotel was lovely and quite , very nice for business and people that are looking for a nice shopping experience but also a relaxing experience....

The people working at the hotel was VERY helpful and new the area well

The rooms are exactly like the pictures....

great place to be!!!

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is my second stay at the Ritz in Atlanta. My son was touring Emory University, so we chose this location over the other Ritz property at Buckhead. The Ritz in Atlanta is just a short drive away from Emory, which is nice. I have elevated the rating on this property from my prior stay because of the outstanding customer service from check in and throughout the stay. Upon check-in, we were greeted warmly, welcomed back, and given an upgrade. Our requests on room type and location were met. The concierge in the club level lounge remembered us from our trip in the fall. Although I prefer the wine selection of the Ritz in New Orleans, the wine was good and the amenities very good in the lounge. The room was exceedingly comfortable and this was a great stay. Downtown Atlanta can be gritty, so this hotel is an oasis when coming back. Since our son may attend Emory, we will make this hotel a home base for each visit. This is primarily based on the excellent customer service at this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, downtown Atlanta for the weekend, to see the Alicia Keys concert. We opted for the bed and breakfast package which included free parking. Upon arrival, we were greeted by 4-6 people on different occasions. This was a nice touch. Our rooms were immediately available, even though we arrived at 1:00PM. Another plus. The rooms were very comfortable and the bed was extremely plush. We didn't expect anything less from the Ritz. They delivered everything and more!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Princeton, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

From the time you arrive and the Valet & Bellman greet you the staff at this hotel is one of the most cordial and helpful I have ever experienced. I have stayed at this hotel several times and this time was the best of all. From the glass of champagne offered at check-in to the late night snack at had at the Atlanta Grill Bar, to the wonderful selections in the Club Level Lounge everything was outstanding. While all the staff are friendly and accommodating, the attendants and Concierge in the Club Lounge are awesome! They always remember your name and in the morning they wish you a good day and in the evening they show concern for how your day went. Most incredibly when they know your stay is ending they actually make it feel as if they are going to miss seeing and waiting on you. A young man who works the lounge named Walter always has an addictive smile that could brighten anyone's day!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel with an excellent atmosphere, outstanding, staff, comfortable well appointed rooms, and a convenient downtown Atlanta location. And yes go ahead and swing for a room that gives you access to the Club Lounge. You will NOT be disappointed! The food and drink are excellent and the staff is awesome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pittston, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

First off, I realize that I was here for a National Championship sporting event. You can't expect everything to go flawlessly.

Staff was abundant and as helpful as possible.

My 72 year old father and I spent 4 nights in a Deluxe Suite on the 20th floor. The room was very nice. The room was supposed to have 2 full bathrooms and in place of the other full bathroom was a wetbar with fridge, expresso machine, microwave. This worked out well but not what I reserved.

In the one remaining bathroom was a tub jammed in a corner that didn't look the least bit inviting, but was there. Bathroom had terrible water pressure and one of the fixtures continuously blew a circuit that had to be reset by engineering many times over 2 of the 4 days. Always accomidating, and with no other rooms available to move us we were compensated with free Room Service meals and any other amenity we asked for. These items weren't exactly free until I asked to have them removed from the bill. They were removed with a smile though by the Front Desk.

Hotel is on Peachtree and in the heart of downtowm. Very near the Georgia Dome and some very nice shops, Olympic Park and some Restaurants.

Valet/Bell staff were awesome, and fast. There were tons of people everywhere trying to do everything they could to assist you.

King bed was a bit warn and not particularly up to Ritz or even Marriott standards. We had a Rollaway bed in the room that was actually much more comfortable.

Ate at the hotel's restaurant - "Atlanta Grill". After being denied a table by the in house reservation specialist, I reserved a room on 'Open Table' for my requested time with no issues. When we arrived to a restaurant with several available ables no one seemed to have any idea why we would have been deined a table by the in house system.

Room service food was not particularly good. We had a pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, a $15 bowl of popcorn, quesidilla and a burger. I'd rate it average.

We really had a nice time at the hotel. The maitredee at 'Atlanta Grill' Felicia McDermott was very sweet and she stands out as someone that really made our trip special.

Have to say, it was a great hotel, there were issues but would definitely stay there again and they really tried to correct the issues but there were simply no other suites to switch us to.

For $950 + a night, there really shouldn't have been.

Loved Atlanta and the staff at the Ritz, hope our next trip goes a wee bit better.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Club is the way to go, but not always available during special even...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

In this kind of hotel, quality accommodations are a given and the Ritz did not disappoint. There was absolutely nothing flawed or out of place and it was perhaps the cleanest room I have ever seen. What really makes this hotel special, however, is the service. There were about 20 people working the parking and front desk areas. I waited for no more than 2 minutes to check in and I was handed a drink and an apology. The restaurant and bar were equally impressive. Call me paranoid, but I am certain security was using facial recognition cameras and ear wicks to great me by name and push the button for my floor. Despite all of this, the hotel was not so opulent as to be snooty or uncomfortable. In short it was a complete joy to stay there.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Pull up at this hotel and you're already feeling like royalty! There are people helping with bags immediately and ushering you inside. We stayed Club Level and were given a lovely room on the 25th floor. The club staff was great and the food offerings were plentiful and yummy!
The hotel has a complimentary car for local sights and they were only too happy to take me and my son to the aquarium on a rainy Friday. The club also happily made my son chicken fingers for dinner and had kids cups for him with milk or juice
Room service was fast and yummy. The hotel has great food too

All in all the service spis what makes this hotel - it's really amazing and wonderful. This was our second stay and it's fantastic!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business