“Service excellence in downtown Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Sarasota, Florida
“Service excellence in downtown Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The staff here have been trained to offer premier servcie. staff remmebered your name and were very helpful and polite. Room was clean and compfortable. Breakfast buffet was sumptuous with unusual items like prawns and crab claws.
Parking is expemnsive at $32 a night but the valets are very efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
vadosta ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta as part of the their Aquarium Package featuring tickets to the Georgia Aquarium (walking distance), overnight valet parking, breakfast, and of course overnight accommodations. We all had an excellent experience and would not hesitate to stay at this property again. As well as the overall vibe of luxury and service, there were several details that we would not have gotten at another hotel.

At check in, my kids enjoyed little packets of peach and vanilla jellybeans, and some sweet tea. This was a fun little perk after riding in the car for several hours. The next day, the lobby had colored M&Ms in the candy jars. We happened to be staying the same weekend as the NCAA final four, and each candy jar featured colored M&Ms that matched the team colors of two opposing teams that were playing in the tournament that day.

The valet staff was extremely friendly, and when we returned from a Braves game, they remembered where we had been, asked us about the game and who was winning when we left. I was impressed that they paid so much attention to detail and actually remembered where we had been.

When we got back up to our room, there was special dessert waiting for us in addition to the usual turn down and chocolates. An elaborate coral reef made of blue spun sugar, with white chocolate star fish and dolphins, as well as two gummy pops made of colorful fish was waiting for us. This was an unexpected treat and I don't know if every family staying as part of the aquarium package gets it, or if it was something special we got at random, but it was much appreciated and enjoyed.

Our room had two queen sized beds and we were on a high floor, just as requested. The room was comfortable, the beds were plush with thick linens and the mattresses were very soft and cushy. The only minor complaint I had with the room is that there were only 4 pillows in it, I even checked the closet to see if there were extras stored there, and there were not. It would have been nice to have 4 pillows per bed instead of 2.

Breakfast the next day was very nice, and my children were happy. The breakfast buffet at this Ritz is not as elaborate as the Ritz in Buckhead, but it was still very nice overall. Our package included an American Breakfast for four, but we opted for the buffet and paid the small difference in price so the kids could get those tiny boxes of cereal that they think are so special, and some fresh waffles.

Finally, when we checked out of the hotel and took our trip to the aquarium, we were allowed to leave our car parked in their garage until our return. We asked about this at our check-in and were assured that we would only be charged another valet parking fee if we actually stayed a second night, even if our car was left after check out time. True to their word, that is exactly what happened.

We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay and this was a real treat for our kids, we don't normally stay in high end properties when traveling with them. I think the Ritz in downtown Atlanta is probably set up to cater to business people rather than families, but we saw several other families with children during our stay, and the staff was very friendly and helpful to the kids. The head bellman even asked my permission before giving my children candy from those candy jars in the lobby that I mentioned earlier. I appreciated that. Even at breakfast, which was filled with business men and women in suits, having meetings over omelets, the wait staff was happy to serve the kids and I didn't get any negative attitude at all.

When I priced this hotel as part of the Georgia Aquarium package, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the price was very competitive with other hotels in the immediate area. I think I paid $6 more to stay here than the price at the Omni would have been. The Omni is closer to the aquarium, which would have been nice. But I don't think we would have gotten the same attention to small details, or the overall pampering that we experienced at the Ritz. And its the little things that set apart a hotel and make it memorable.

Room Tip: Request a high floor. This is the Ritz, but its still in downtown Atlanta, and you may hear the odd...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Scattered over the last 10 weeks I've spent about 3 weeks at this property and the staff has been exceptional. Several times I've arrived well before check-in and easily been accommodated with early check-in. The front desk staff is always friendly and polite, while still remaining efficient at processing guests. The room decor feels a tad dated if you compare it to the Westin (which I've spent about 2 weeks at in the same time period), but it was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Better views on the city side than the "courtyard" side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went to Atlanta for Maroon 5 concert and stayed at the Ritz, everyone was very attentive and friendly. Room was great, bar in lobby very nice, we were well taken care of. Got a good rate for the room by shooing around.

• Stayed March 2013
tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went to this hotel for a 2 night girls weekend out of town. The weekend we went it was some sort of "market" event and another conference so the hotel lobby was crazy loud and busy. The check in process was good - we were each given a glass of champagne and offered to be upgraded to the concierge level for an extra $100 per night (we declined due to several activities already booked outside of the hotel area). Our bedding was marked as sold out when we booked, but upon check in our request of 2 queen beds was available.
As a part of our package we had breakfast included for two daily and free valet parking. Upon check in no mention was made of how we needed to handle the breakfast credit, if coupons were needed, etc so I called back to the front desk after we arrived in our room. The hours for the restaurants for breakfast or any other meals were not included in the key holder, or in any of the hotel information found in the hotel room. We thought this was usual and had to call to get additional details.
The parking Valet service was good and efficient for all of our departures and arrivals. With each departure we were each offered a bottle of water which was a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was $24 pp and included one chef who was manning the omelet / egg / waffle station so at times the line backed up a little but not unreasonable so... As far as other food items there were all sorts of fresh fruit both whole and cut, yogurt with lots of topping choices, oatmeal with toppings, bacon / sausage, breads / pastries / muffins, potatoes, grits. We asked for a basket of cheese biscuits that were listed on the a la carte menu and they were quickly provided at no charge. If the weather had been less windy and a little warmer the outdoor restaurant balcony would have been fun.
The room was updated and bright with very comfortable bedding. At the end of the entertainment center there were multiple eletrical plugs which was nice since we all have phones, ipads, computers and electronic readers. There was a $14 charge for internet which seemed high given the quality /star rating of the hotel.
There was supposed to be twice a day maid service including a nightly turn down service. The first night the nightly turn down knocked at our door at 10 pm... That seemed very late and we refused the service since we were getting ready for bed due to an early morning the next day. The second day I called as we were leaving to request turn down service at a specific time and on this night there was no issue.
We ate dinner out both nights so I can not speak to the restaurant or lounge for dinner and drinks. The service was very good and we would definitely go back, although the Buckhead location was much closer to most of the things that we planned and did for the weekend...

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We came into town to visit the Aquarium and World of Coke and were really excited about staying here. I booked online and when booking selected 4 guests, 2 adults/2 children and paid in full to get a little cheaper rate. Upon arrival we were rushed out of the car by the valet as if they were just getting us out of the way without allowing us time to gather our things (after a 4 hour drive the kids had some of their things out of their backpacks, etc.) Then when I went to check us in I was told that we had a room with one king bed, I told them that my reservation stated 2 queens and that we have two children with us therefore 1 king would not work. After pecking on his computer for about five minutes we were advised that they did not have anything but rooms with 1 king avaliable and our options were to either get a rollaway for one kid and let the other sleep in the bed with us (a big NO, they are too old for that) which was not the experience we were wanting, or we could upgrade to a suite for $100 more or we could go somewhere else but we could not get a refund to go to another hotel so we would lose our money. So we had no choice but to upgrade which meant we were paying what I consider a ridiculous amount for one nights stay, then add on the $32 valet parking which is practically the only parking option. Soooo we finally go up to our "suite" which still did not have 2 beds, only a king and a pull out couch. Overall we were not impressed with the room. I have stayed in nicer, yet less expensive hotels. Decor was blah, nothing fancy, everything seemed pretty clean other than the pillows on the couch being dingy and stained and the crease between the raised sink and the mirror was nasty (1/2 inch thick in dust and hair). I have to say that this experience did not meet my expectations, I really expected more from a Ritz-Carlton. :(

Room Tip: Call after booking to ensure you will be getting the room that you booked/need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Ritz-Carlton and I must say that I was disappointed. Everything was good until my fiancee went to close the curtains as we were going to bed. That's when she spotted blood all over the curtains. We called the front desk and two employees came up and looked at it and said it had been there for a while. They did say they would move us to another room. But it was midnight and we had everything unpacked. They said they would have the general manager call us the next morning and we never heard from him. Though they did offer to change our room I would have thought they may have had someone come and quickly clean it or replace the curtains. Also by finding this I wonder how many other things were not clean in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!