“Exceptional Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Cary, North Carolina
“Exceptional Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Scattered over the last 10 weeks I've spent about 3 weeks at this property and the staff has been exceptional. Several times I've arrived well before check-in and easily been accommodated with early check-in. The front desk staff is always friendly and polite, while still remaining efficient at processing guests. The room decor feels a tad dated if you compare it to the Westin (which I've spent about 2 weeks at in the same time period), but it was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Better views on the city side than the "courtyard" side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went to Atlanta for Maroon 5 concert and stayed at the Ritz, everyone was very attentive and friendly. Room was great, bar in lobby very nice, we were well taken care of. Got a good rate for the room by shooing around.

• Stayed March 2013
tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went to this hotel for a 2 night girls weekend out of town. The weekend we went it was some sort of "market" event and another conference so the hotel lobby was crazy loud and busy. The check in process was good - we were each given a glass of champagne and offered to be upgraded to the concierge level for an extra $100 per night (we declined due to several activities already booked outside of the hotel area). Our bedding was marked as sold out when we booked, but upon check in our request of 2 queen beds was available.
As a part of our package we had breakfast included for two daily and free valet parking. Upon check in no mention was made of how we needed to handle the breakfast credit, if coupons were needed, etc so I called back to the front desk after we arrived in our room. The hours for the restaurants for breakfast or any other meals were not included in the key holder, or in any of the hotel information found in the hotel room. We thought this was usual and had to call to get additional details.
The parking Valet service was good and efficient for all of our departures and arrivals. With each departure we were each offered a bottle of water which was a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was $24 pp and included one chef who was manning the omelet / egg / waffle station so at times the line backed up a little but not unreasonable so... As far as other food items there were all sorts of fresh fruit both whole and cut, yogurt with lots of topping choices, oatmeal with toppings, bacon / sausage, breads / pastries / muffins, potatoes, grits. We asked for a basket of cheese biscuits that were listed on the a la carte menu and they were quickly provided at no charge. If the weather had been less windy and a little warmer the outdoor restaurant balcony would have been fun.
The room was updated and bright with very comfortable bedding. At the end of the entertainment center there were multiple eletrical plugs which was nice since we all have phones, ipads, computers and electronic readers. There was a $14 charge for internet which seemed high given the quality /star rating of the hotel.
There was supposed to be twice a day maid service including a nightly turn down service. The first night the nightly turn down knocked at our door at 10 pm... That seemed very late and we refused the service since we were getting ready for bed due to an early morning the next day. The second day I called as we were leaving to request turn down service at a specific time and on this night there was no issue.
We ate dinner out both nights so I can not speak to the restaurant or lounge for dinner and drinks. The service was very good and we would definitely go back, although the Buckhead location was much closer to most of the things that we planned and did for the weekend...

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We came into town to visit the Aquarium and World of Coke and were really excited about staying here. I booked online and when booking selected 4 guests, 2 adults/2 children and paid in full to get a little cheaper rate. Upon arrival we were rushed out of the car by the valet as if they were just getting us out of the way without allowing us time to gather our things (after a 4 hour drive the kids had some of their things out of their backpacks, etc.) Then when I went to check us in I was told that we had a room with one king bed, I told them that my reservation stated 2 queens and that we have two children with us therefore 1 king would not work. After pecking on his computer for about five minutes we were advised that they did not have anything but rooms with 1 king avaliable and our options were to either get a rollaway for one kid and let the other sleep in the bed with us (a big NO, they are too old for that) which was not the experience we were wanting, or we could upgrade to a suite for $100 more or we could go somewhere else but we could not get a refund to go to another hotel so we would lose our money. So we had no choice but to upgrade which meant we were paying what I consider a ridiculous amount for one nights stay, then add on the $32 valet parking which is practically the only parking option. Soooo we finally go up to our "suite" which still did not have 2 beds, only a king and a pull out couch. Overall we were not impressed with the room. I have stayed in nicer, yet less expensive hotels. Decor was blah, nothing fancy, everything seemed pretty clean other than the pillows on the couch being dingy and stained and the crease between the raised sink and the mirror was nasty (1/2 inch thick in dust and hair). I have to say that this experience did not meet my expectations, I really expected more from a Ritz-Carlton. :(

Room Tip: Call after booking to ensure you will be getting the room that you booked/need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Ritz-Carlton and I must say that I was disappointed. Everything was good until my fiancee went to close the curtains as we were going to bed. That's when she spotted blood all over the curtains. We called the front desk and two employees came up and looked at it and said it had been there for a while. They did say they would move us to another room. But it was midnight and we had everything unpacked. They said they would have the general manager call us the next morning and we never heard from him. Though they did offer to change our room I would have thought they may have had someone come and quickly clean it or replace the curtains. Also by finding this I wonder how many other things were not clean in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in the downtown area that makes you feel very special. I spent quite a few weeks here on business and it was always great. Just wish they had a pool! Service is terrific and there are people to open the doors for you and a small but great lounge with good live music. It is downtown so you have to be aware of the street people all around when going out at night. Restaurant is expensive but very classy.

Room Tip: I think a higher floor is nicer - good views of city on either side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton downtown Atlanta over 30 times. The service is what brings me back. This is exemplified in a recent visit. I first must admit that I have a slight sweet tooth. After dinner, I checked to see if they had cookies available on the dessert menu anywhere. They did not. But upon hearing my request one of the ladies at the front desk asked me to wait one minute. She made a quick phone call and within two minutes a tray of cookies were brought for me. I must say a tray was about a dozen cookies more than the one I was looking for, but it made my evening. Anywhere else the team would have just said "sorry" but here they went the extra mile.

Beyond the service, the bar on the main level is nice, often you will find a musician playing Spanish guitar in the background. The rooms are neatly appointed but nothing outlandish. The beds are very comfortable and the turn down service is respectful.

Fire trucks in the downtown area can be noisy if your room is along Peachtree St.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you like it quiet otherwise you will hear the street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!