We went to this hotel for a 2 night girls weekend out of town. The weekend we went it was some sort of "market" event and another conference so the hotel lobby was crazy loud and busy. The check in process was good - we were each given a glass of champagne and offered to be upgraded to the concierge level for an extra $100 per night (we declined due to several activities already booked outside of the hotel area). Our bedding was marked as sold out when we booked, but upon check in our request of 2 queen beds was available.
As a part of our package we had breakfast included for two daily and free valet parking. Upon check in no mention was made of how we needed to handle the breakfast credit, if coupons were needed, etc so I called back to the front desk after we arrived in our room. The hours for the restaurants for breakfast or any other meals were not included in the key holder, or in any of the hotel information found in the hotel room. We thought this was usual and had to call to get additional details.
The parking Valet service was good and efficient for all of our departures and arrivals. With each departure we were each offered a bottle of water which was a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was $24 pp and included one chef who was manning the omelet / egg / waffle station so at times the line backed up a little but not unreasonable so... As far as other food items there were all sorts of fresh fruit both whole and cut, yogurt with lots of topping choices, oatmeal with toppings, bacon / sausage, breads / pastries / muffins, potatoes, grits. We asked for a basket of cheese biscuits that were listed on the a la carte menu and they were quickly provided at no charge. If the weather had been less windy and a little warmer the outdoor restaurant balcony would have been fun.
The room was updated and bright with very comfortable bedding. At the end of the entertainment center there were multiple eletrical plugs which was nice since we all have phones, ipads, computers and electronic readers. There was a $14 charge for internet which seemed high given the quality /star rating of the hotel.
There was supposed to be twice a day maid service including a nightly turn down service. The first night the nightly turn down knocked at our door at 10 pm... That seemed very late and we refused the service since we were getting ready for bed due to an early morning the next day. The second day I called as we were leaving to request turn down service at a specific time and on this night there was no issue.
We ate dinner out both nights so I can not speak to the restaurant or lounge for dinner and drinks. The service was very good and we would definitely go back, although the Buckhead location was much closer to most of the things that we planned and did for the weekend...
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Atlanta
- Atlanta Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Atlanta
- Ritz-Carlton Atlanta
- Atlanta Ritz-Carlton
- Atlanta Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta is downtown's premier business address and a luxurious oasis in the heart of the city. Awe-inspiring interiors create an unequaled environment for work and play. Surrounded by the state's centers of finance and government, and just minutes from the Georgia Aquarium and sports events at the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and Turner Field, The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta is ideally situated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.