So I took my wife for a one-night birthday 'staycation' this weekend at the Ritz, which is just a couple miles down Peachtree from us. We're hotel snobs, so it's hard to really impress us. The famous Ritz-Carlton service standards are definitely alive here; you can tell how much the chain puts into training and service. Every staff member you come in contact with greets you and makes you feel welcome. Check-in was a breeze and we were upgraded to a city-view room, which was appreciated.
As others have posted before me, the building is one of the older properties in the company, and the age is starting to show here and there. Specifically, the bed was really uncomfortable - it's basically what feels like a 20+ year-old bed with a feather topper thrown on top. For the room rates, they need to upgrade to some sort of comfort sleeper, in my opinion. The bathrooms were also a bit smaller than I'd expect. Other small details are certainly not important (no ice in the ice machine on my floor, long elevator wait times), but we've stayed in other properties (specifically Grande Lakes in Orlando, which is just an amazing experience) where you'd never see the 'little things' sneak up on you.
People - A+. Facility - B+. Under the right circumstances or an outstanding bargain rate, we'd return. That said, there are a number of luxury properties in the area, and most in areas where you wouldn't be afraid to walk outside at night. (Which has nothing to do with Ritz, of course, but is simply the sad state of affairs in downtown.)
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Atlanta
- Atlanta Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Atlanta
- Ritz-Carlton Atlanta
- Atlanta Ritz-Carlton
- Atlanta Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta is downtown's premier business address and a luxurious oasis in the heart of the city. Awe-inspiring interiors create an unequaled environment for work and play. Surrounded by the state's centers of finance and government, and just minutes from the Georgia Aquarium and sports events at the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and Turner Field, The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta is ideally situated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.