“Great Hotel in a lousy location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Hotel in a lousy location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything you want from a Ritz Carlton. Great staff, wonderful beds, great but pricey cocktails and all of the charm you could want. There are two distinct drawbacks. First and foremost is the location. There is nothing to walk to and even if there was you would be taking a chance doing it as it is not the best of neighborhoods. If you are arriving by car and plan to need one all the time you are fine since there is good freeway access and you are a very short drive from great food, shopping, etc. The second minor complaint is a very personal one. It is my opinion that a luxury hotel cannot have shower curtains. If you are really a Ritz or the like, invest in some glass doors. It makes a huge difference. Other than those two items, this is a great spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly, helpful and makes you feel appreciated as a customer.

The location was great for downtown attractions such as the coke museum and aquarium. Easy walk to nightlife and restaurants from the hotel.

The room was very clean as expected but a little small compared to some other nearby properties. One thing I did notice was that the hotel did not seem to have the usual touches of the Ritz Carlton brand such as cloth hand towels in lobby bathroom etc.

The breakfast was lacking and should be avoided if it is not included in your room package.

Check out the lobby bar for a great place to have an after dinner drink.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to celebrate a birthday with 2 other couples that had never stayed at Ritz. I booked 3 rooms a couple of weeks in advance and requested that they be on same floor if possible. The rooms were nice, clean and the beds very comfortable, however in 2 of our rooms the robes on the back of door had hair on it from previous guest. Service was slow, we had to call for bags. Restaurant quality was below average. This was not worth the money and I felt bad that the 2 other couples paid for this fancy weekend that wasn't very fancy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Moyock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just LOVE the Ritz Carlton in downtown Atlanta. It is so nice to see the same faces each time I visit there. The room always meets my expectations. On my last visit, the outlet in the bathroom was not working. I made a call about it at 9:30 PM and someone showed up about 10 minutes later to fix it. We munched on freshly made chocolate chip cookies (that were awaiting us when we arrived back in our room!) while our outlet was being repaired. This will always be my go-to hotel whenever I have the pleasure of visiting Atlanta.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a higher floor so that I can see the views. You can see the Georgia Aquar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are superbly comfortable. Everything is modern and luxurious. And we got a really good deal, so it was well worth the stay, but still pricier than I'm used to.

We came for the Atlanta gift show and stayed a couple extra days to rest. Good choice!

We were greeted at the door, at the desk, at the elevator... Everywhere we were in the hotel and employee was friendly.

Great view from our windows of downtown
vendors though it was raining.

I highly recommend the Lumen bar in the lobby. It was always busy, the signature drinks are very good - apparently except for one which the waitress warned us away from.

I can't believe I've been to Atlanta before without splurging on this splendid hotel. Now I know!

• Stayed January 2013
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this place in December 2012 for 10 days while I had work in downtown. I found the experience very under-whelming I must say. I have been to five stars around the world and so I was expecting something of a five star experience. The room was nice and comfy, but nothing exhilarating. The service was decent but the hotel always looked over crowded. I felt that it had been overdone in places. The upsides for the hotel is its good location (bang in the middle of downtown).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We live in the same city but were going to see the Peach Drop with some friends. We were looking for a nice hotel to stay in that was a short walk from the Peach Drop. I normally do not like the Ritz room decor but when I looked at the pictures online I noticed that it had been recently renovated so I made the reservations. We decided that we would go eat at the Atlanta Grille and then do cocktails and breakfast in the morning. When I made the arrangements I said it was for a special occasion. Man do they know how to treat someone special occasion!!! We got the Bed and Breakfast Package. The staff from the valet to the room was FABULOUS. They were so attentive and nice. I had talked to some of the staff when making special arrangement for the DVD player, ice bucket, dinner, and the breakfast in the morning. The Staff had told me to look them up when we got there. They remembered me when I came to check in!!! WOW now that is service. Was given a special envelope for the occasion. Great security, the room key we got only works for our floor.

Got up to the room and the decor was FABULOUS just like the pictures online. We had a view of the Peach Drop from the room!!! We had robes, party favors, noise makers, and chocolates. We were told by the bellman that the DVD player would be brought up any minute and it was. When everyone got there they were so amazed at the rooms we joked on long their mouth stayed opened and kept saying WOW. Some of them even called some of their friends to talk about the room that did not come. When the rest of the people came they went to their room to change and get ready to go eat. While we were waiting someone knocked on the door and it was the and rose petal turn down service!!! Now that was interesting to watch. Finally opened the envelope and it gave us access to the CLUB LEVEL for our entire stay!!!!

We ended up canceling or reservations for dinner in the Atlanta Grill and watched the peach drop from the Club Level they stayed opened till 1am!!! Had breakfast on the Club Level the next morning and ended up eating lunch at Atlanta Grille in the Cheaters Booth!!! We all had a late check out at 2:30. All of us said we will do it again next year in 2013!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 19th floor and had a view of the Peach Drop.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!