“Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Moyock, North Carolina
“Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just LOVE the Ritz Carlton in downtown Atlanta. It is so nice to see the same faces each time I visit there. The room always meets my expectations. On my last visit, the outlet in the bathroom was not working. I made a call about it at 9:30 PM and someone showed up about 10 minutes later to fix it. We munched on freshly made chocolate chip cookies (that were awaiting us when we arrived back in our room!) while our outlet was being repaired. This will always be my go-to hotel whenever I have the pleasure of visiting Atlanta.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a higher floor so that I can see the views. You can see the Georgia Aquar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are superbly comfortable. Everything is modern and luxurious. And we got a really good deal, so it was well worth the stay, but still pricier than I'm used to.

We came for the Atlanta gift show and stayed a couple extra days to rest. Good choice!

We were greeted at the door, at the desk, at the elevator... Everywhere we were in the hotel and employee was friendly.

Great view from our windows of downtown
vendors though it was raining.

I highly recommend the Lumen bar in the lobby. It was always busy, the signature drinks are very good - apparently except for one which the waitress warned us away from.

I can't believe I've been to Atlanta before without splurging on this splendid hotel. Now I know!

• Stayed January 2013
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this place in December 2012 for 10 days while I had work in downtown. I found the experience very under-whelming I must say. I have been to five stars around the world and so I was expecting something of a five star experience. The room was nice and comfy, but nothing exhilarating. The service was decent but the hotel always looked over crowded. I felt that it had been overdone in places. The upsides for the hotel is its good location (bang in the middle of downtown).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We live in the same city but were going to see the Peach Drop with some friends. We were looking for a nice hotel to stay in that was a short walk from the Peach Drop. I normally do not like the Ritz room decor but when I looked at the pictures online I noticed that it had been recently renovated so I made the reservations. We decided that we would go eat at the Atlanta Grille and then do cocktails and breakfast in the morning. When I made the arrangements I said it was for a special occasion. Man do they know how to treat someone special occasion!!! We got the Bed and Breakfast Package. The staff from the valet to the room was FABULOUS. They were so attentive and nice. I had talked to some of the staff when making special arrangement for the DVD player, ice bucket, dinner, and the breakfast in the morning. The Staff had told me to look them up when we got there. They remembered me when I came to check in!!! WOW now that is service. Was given a special envelope for the occasion. Great security, the room key we got only works for our floor.

Got up to the room and the decor was FABULOUS just like the pictures online. We had a view of the Peach Drop from the room!!! We had robes, party favors, noise makers, and chocolates. We were told by the bellman that the DVD player would be brought up any minute and it was. When everyone got there they were so amazed at the rooms we joked on long their mouth stayed opened and kept saying WOW. Some of them even called some of their friends to talk about the room that did not come. When the rest of the people came they went to their room to change and get ready to go eat. While we were waiting someone knocked on the door and it was the and rose petal turn down service!!! Now that was interesting to watch. Finally opened the envelope and it gave us access to the CLUB LEVEL for our entire stay!!!!

We ended up canceling or reservations for dinner in the Atlanta Grill and watched the peach drop from the Club Level they stayed opened till 1am!!! Had breakfast on the Club Level the next morning and ended up eating lunch at Atlanta Grille in the Cheaters Booth!!! We all had a late check out at 2:30. All of us said we will do it again next year in 2013!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 19th floor and had a view of the Peach Drop.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I took my fiancé here for her birthday and we opted for the special occasion package which includes Chilled Champagne, Chocolate covered roses, and Rose Petals. The service was great leading to our stay and during our stay, the Ritz has one thing going for them and that outstanding service, however, if you want a nice room then I would stay somewhere else. This was my first stay at the Ritz and the Quality of the Rooms would be much better, the rooms are outdated with old furniture and combination tub and shower bathrooms that are pretty small by the way. The carpets in the hallways are older and the view we had was not that great. For the price I was expecting a more modern Hotel, I've stay in regular hotel such as the Stay Bridge and Holiday Inn that make their rooms look like motels. The room also included a small refrigerator that was so packed with things they wanted to sell that you could barely add a drink. I guess they are more concern with you buying their products than providing the possibility of accommodating your preferences. If it hadn't been for the good customer service, I would have given them ONE star. If you are looking for a romantic room downtown Atlanta, I would go with the W if you plan on paying for a room here. Now I all, the Ritz is all name! Two Thumbs down!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 18th floor, our view was horrible, check out my pics. It would have been okay I gue...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute, literally as I landed in Atlanta. I called ahead to the hotel after booking and they were able to accommodate my early check-in request as well as arrange for me to purchase an upgrade to the Club level at the last minute.

The entire staff has a great 'what can we do' attitude that makes every stay memorable for me, so many hotels are quick to tell you what they can't or wont do for you.

The new food offerings and presentations in the Club lounge were a welcome addition as was the new door they installed. I only stay here a few nights a year but the staff remembers me every time and that is what keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor to get a good view, always upgrade to the Club level.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

me and my wife stayed here for one night as part of our anniversary trip..there was so much traffic in the city and by the time we arrived it was already evening hours and we missed our dinner rsvp. at the point of check in we had great customer service but the one person that we remembered the most was Ashley Shan as she went above and beyond and made our cold late evening night stay into a memorable experience as simple as a gesture in acknowledging our anniversary made our evening. highly recommended this fine hotel

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!