“Starting line ready at the Ritz” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Dalton, Georgia
“Starting line ready at the Ritz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for the Peachtree Road Race. If you are a runner, you can't beat the location..you are right on the starting line. The hotel is very nice as you would expect from the Ritz, but being in a downtown location, it lacks some of the experiences you would expect in a Ritz. However, it was still a very nice stay. Slow elevators and crowded, but the staff couldn't have been nicer. Comfy beds, great room service and super clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had a great experience at the Ritz on an impromptu visit to Atlanta. I cannot say enough postive about their customer service from pulling into the Valet Service until check out upon leaving. I was impressed with the level of the graciousness of everyone we encountered.

The beds were so comfortable and the fitness center was amazing!
Of most importance to me is the cleanliness of any hotel we stay at. This property was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been to. I couldn't have been more relieved or happier. We will definately be returning to this particular Ritz!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PHILA PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Ritz in Atlanta for three nights as part of a duel event for business and family event. Arrived a day before the rest of my family, however was welcomed and treated with utmost respect. Hotel is located in downtown Atlanta, but difficult to find. Valet parking is fair (Price is high), service is top-notch and speedy. My first night I needed my car at 5am, no problem even getting the car at that hour. The hotel lobby is nice, fairly modern. There's a nice lobby bar, stocked with higher end beverages. The elevator service is bad, but i've had worse. It's easy to get from the main floor, but anywhere on the top floors, and i've even stayed on the 11th, seemed to take forever to get an elevator. One time had to wait 5 minutes (yes, I timed it because I was frustrated). They are slow and there should be more than 5. The room was super clean, and the turn down service was spectacular. The stay was pricy, but it's what you expect from a Ritz. The second floor offers a nice dinner area, however wasn't too full, oftentimes it was empty. I did eat here one night and had the calamari and a burger, prepared exactly as ordered. The sleep quality and bed was also very nice. The bathrooms aren't super modern and the water pressure wasn't always that great, but decent enough to get a shower. The view from the 11th floor was nice as it overlooked a good portion of the city. Let's also not forget the Cowboys were in town for one night, and the hotel seemed to cater to their needs. It's rude any annoying to have fans who aren't guests lobbying all around the lobby. When your paying top notch prices for a stay, you'd expect the staff to do more. See below for location and other items.

Quick snapshot:
- first class, top notch speedy checkin
- friendly staff
- great location
- SLOW elevators.. you can walk the stairs quicker
- Located in DOWNTOWN Atlanta, you have people begging for money on every corner. It's tough to argue traveling alone as it doesn't feel like the safest place.

I would stay here again if I HAD to... but i wouldn't think twice about looking for another place.

Room Tip: The higher, the better for a view, the higher the longer you wait for an elevator.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice, quiet, room. Lots of lobby/entrance/housekeeping staff, all very helpful, friendly and cheerful. Stopped up toilet at 7 a.m. was repaired w/in 9 mins. of our call. Peachtree St. location is very close to MARTA station, quick and cheap trip to and from airport. Didn't have a chance to eat in the hotel or use room service. If the location suits your needs and the hotel has an attractive rate (mine was a discounted convention rate, with free wireless [fast, reliable] added in), I would certainly recommend it.

Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First of all we were not given our room keys until 5:00, with a 3:00 check in time. We were told several times during our wait that our room was almost ready.

Besides that, this obviously used to be a different brand of hotel, then given a minor upgrade by Ritz Carlton. Very standard accommodations, nothing like any other Ritz that we have stayed in other cities.

I would highly recommend saving some money and staying at either the Marriott or Westin which are located on the same block!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start by saying that this is a nice hotel. But when you are the Ritz-Carlton, the standards are higher. And when you pay what one pays to stay there, those high standards are warranted. This Ritz is fine but not one of the nicest that I have stayed at. It's a bit old and drab, though the rooms have been renovated. I was in an upgraded King and the bathroom was pretty tiny with the tub/shower just average. The room itself was large and comfortable but much of the square footage was taken up by a pretty unusable foyer. The TV was a flat screen but was very dim. There is plenty of lighting in the room.
In terms of the common areas, the lobby was just okay. Pretty small and not terribly inviting. The restaurant, the Atlanta Grill, is very good for breakfast. Try the cheddar biscuits.

A couple of small issues that were not up to Ritz standards: 1) they removed a JBL iPod dock that was next to the bed and replaced it with an iHome dock that was not nearly as good in terms of sound quality. When I asked why they did this, no one could tell me. 2) they left a letter from the manager saying that they had changed the clocks in my room for daylight savings, but in fact, they had not changed the clocks at all. This was interesting in that the letter was left on the dresser, not slipped under the door. So someone came in to leave the letter but just didn't do the work that was being communicated. 3) the smoke detectors blink all night. It didn't keep me up, but it is distracting and bright when the lights are all off. I was told that this was a problem.

On the positive side, the front desk staff is friendly and accommodating. The Atlanta Grill hostess and waitress that I had each day were great and greeted me by name each day. The valet parking is prompt and easy. The linens are nice. The location is good if you need to be downtown (though I'd recommend midtown if you have a choice).

Room Tip: I was in the xx24 tier which is a corner with bay window looking out at CNN building.
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a Ritz Carlton resort and was recommended by Amex travel club rep. Check in was great, staff was exceptional and we got to upgrade to a higher floor due to using my Amex card. We thought about upgrading to the club lounge floors but after speaking with some staff about the perks of these floors, we decided it wasn't worth the extra $. Once we for to the room, my initial feeling was that it was smaller than I expected. I felt a little closter phobic! The view was "OK", I think we were on the 18th floor. The main thing that I was a little disappointed with other than the size of the room was the dated fixtures. The TV was the old style CRT screen and there was a cordless phone in the room that looked like it was from the early 90's! My husband and I actually joked about this a few times while there. Oh and one of the robes had a hole in it! Room service was really yummy and there breakfast downstairs was fabulous. Great location, we walked to most of the attractions and concierge was very helpful. Overall, we would probably check out a different hotel next time we visit Atlanta but only because there are so many to choose from and I expected a little higher standard from the Ritz. Also, there is no pool or spa which I thought was unusual but maybe this is due to the downtown location?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!