“Decent stay at the Ritz.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Weekend Rates from $179
Ranked #28 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
PHILA PA
“Decent stay at the Ritz.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Ritz in Atlanta for three nights as part of a duel event for business and family event. Arrived a day before the rest of my family, however was welcomed and treated with utmost respect. Hotel is located in downtown Atlanta, but difficult to find. Valet parking is fair (Price is high), service is top-notch and speedy. My first night I needed my car at 5am, no problem even getting the car at that hour. The hotel lobby is nice, fairly modern. There's a nice lobby bar, stocked with higher end beverages. The elevator service is bad, but i've had worse. It's easy to get from the main floor, but anywhere on the top floors, and i've even stayed on the 11th, seemed to take forever to get an elevator. One time had to wait 5 minutes (yes, I timed it because I was frustrated). They are slow and there should be more than 5. The room was super clean, and the turn down service was spectacular. The stay was pricy, but it's what you expect from a Ritz. The second floor offers a nice dinner area, however wasn't too full, oftentimes it was empty. I did eat here one night and had the calamari and a burger, prepared exactly as ordered. The sleep quality and bed was also very nice. The bathrooms aren't super modern and the water pressure wasn't always that great, but decent enough to get a shower. The view from the 11th floor was nice as it overlooked a good portion of the city. Let's also not forget the Cowboys were in town for one night, and the hotel seemed to cater to their needs. It's rude any annoying to have fans who aren't guests lobbying all around the lobby. When your paying top notch prices for a stay, you'd expect the staff to do more. See below for location and other items.

Quick snapshot:
- first class, top notch speedy checkin
- friendly staff
- great location
- SLOW elevators.. you can walk the stairs quicker
- Located in DOWNTOWN Atlanta, you have people begging for money on every corner. It's tough to argue traveling alone as it doesn't feel like the safest place.

I would stay here again if I HAD to... but i wouldn't think twice about looking for another place.

Room Tip: The higher, the better for a view, the higher the longer you wait for an elevator.

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice, quiet, room. Lots of lobby/entrance/housekeeping staff, all very helpful, friendly and cheerful. Stopped up toilet at 7 a.m. was repaired w/in 9 mins. of our call. Peachtree St. location is very close to MARTA station, quick and cheap trip to and from airport. Didn't have a chance to eat in the hotel or use room service. If the location suits your needs and the hotel has an attractive rate (mine was a discounted convention rate, with free wireless [fast, reliable] added in), I would certainly recommend it.

Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First of all we were not given our room keys until 5:00, with a 3:00 check in time. We were told several times during our wait that our room was almost ready.

Besides that, this obviously used to be a different brand of hotel, then given a minor upgrade by Ritz Carlton. Very standard accommodations, nothing like any other Ritz that we have stayed in other cities.

I would highly recommend saving some money and staying at either the Marriott or Westin which are located on the same block!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start by saying that this is a nice hotel. But when you are the Ritz-Carlton, the standards are higher. And when you pay what one pays to stay there, those high standards are warranted. This Ritz is fine but not one of the nicest that I have stayed at. It's a bit old and drab, though the rooms have been renovated. I was in an upgraded King and the bathroom was pretty tiny with the tub/shower just average. The room itself was large and comfortable but much of the square footage was taken up by a pretty unusable foyer. The TV was a flat screen but was very dim. There is plenty of lighting in the room.
In terms of the common areas, the lobby was just okay. Pretty small and not terribly inviting. The restaurant, the Atlanta Grill, is very good for breakfast. Try the cheddar biscuits.

A couple of small issues that were not up to Ritz standards: 1) they removed a JBL iPod dock that was next to the bed and replaced it with an iHome dock that was not nearly as good in terms of sound quality. When I asked why they did this, no one could tell me. 2) they left a letter from the manager saying that they had changed the clocks in my room for daylight savings, but in fact, they had not changed the clocks at all. This was interesting in that the letter was left on the dresser, not slipped under the door. So someone came in to leave the letter but just didn't do the work that was being communicated. 3) the smoke detectors blink all night. It didn't keep me up, but it is distracting and bright when the lights are all off. I was told that this was a problem.

On the positive side, the front desk staff is friendly and accommodating. The Atlanta Grill hostess and waitress that I had each day were great and greeted me by name each day. The valet parking is prompt and easy. The linens are nice. The location is good if you need to be downtown (though I'd recommend midtown if you have a choice).

Room Tip: I was in the xx24 tier which is a corner with bay window looking out at CNN building.
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a Ritz Carlton resort and was recommended by Amex travel club rep. Check in was great, staff was exceptional and we got to upgrade to a higher floor due to using my Amex card. We thought about upgrading to the club lounge floors but after speaking with some staff about the perks of these floors, we decided it wasn't worth the extra $. Once we for to the room, my initial feeling was that it was smaller than I expected. I felt a little closter phobic! The view was "OK", I think we were on the 18th floor. The main thing that I was a little disappointed with other than the size of the room was the dated fixtures. The TV was the old style CRT screen and there was a cordless phone in the room that looked like it was from the early 90's! My husband and I actually joked about this a few times while there. Oh and one of the robes had a hole in it! Room service was really yummy and there breakfast downstairs was fabulous. Great location, we walked to most of the attractions and concierge was very helpful. Overall, we would probably check out a different hotel next time we visit Atlanta but only because there are so many to choose from and I expected a little higher standard from the Ritz. Also, there is no pool or spa which I thought was unusual but maybe this is due to the downtown location?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Peachtree street during a business meeting in another hotel. We paid a premium for the Ritz, but it was very well worth it. The lobby bar is fine, the concierge is service is the best and the rest of the employees do the utmost to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. We had de minimis issues with a breakfast order and it was resolved immediately and without any fuss. All in all, this Hotel is an excellent alternative for the business traveler, not mainly because of the facilities, but because of the Ritz impeccable service, which you experience from the parking attendants, the bellboys, the service desk and the concierge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just a quick review to thank the ladies and gentlemen who work the doors. The warm and sincere greeting they gave us upon arrival set the tone for an enjoyable visit. The hotel itself -- rooms, decor, food and beverage -- are all very nice, but I find it's the ladies and gentlemen that consistently have the greatest impact on whether or not I enjoy my stay and want to return to a hotel. They nailed it at the Ritz Atlanta and it started with the greeting (and farewell) I received when I pulled up to the front door.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta? Share your experiences!