“Loooong Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #77 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Loooong Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed here off and on for about 3 months for work. The renovations are definitely an added bonus to the older property. However, the elevators are slow and one is super small compared to the other elevator. There isn't enough parking which can be a problem if you are driving to the area. The staff overall is satisfactory however there are some that stand out more than others. I really appreciated Eric and his customer service and friendliness while I stayed at the hotel. There were other staff there that were a little "unorthodox" but sufficient. Try to avoid staying on the 5th floor because the vents make a noise all day and night long.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's hard to find economical places to stay downtown in Atlanta, and if this location is near where you need to be, you should consider it. It's a renovated old building, like many of the city RI's can be nowadays, with a modern lobby and lots of places to plug your computer and other devices in. (Look hard -- some of the outlets are "hiding" in the dark brown floor moulding; and the large tables have outlets in the table tops). The front desk staff is excellent, cheerful, and helpful. Internet service, even the free version, was very good. It's a short walk to the Federal Reserve, and they have a free exhibit area. Across from the Fed is Cafe Intermezzo with outrageous desserts and excellent coffee and tea. Don't eat lunch or dinner -- you'll make up for your calories there.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I have found a winner!! I stay frequently in the midtown area for business and this location has won me over with their customer service, friendly staff, and beautiful accommodations. When I checked in I told Thomas at the front desk that it was my first stay at the hotel and he said I would never stay anywhere else-- he was right! Every member of the staff went out of their way to say hello and be helpful in any way they could. My room was a spacious suite with a large living room, nicely appointed kitchen, and a separate dining alcove. The bedroom and bath were also tastefully appointed and spacious. Everything looked freshly updated. Breakfast was good and there was also a complimentary weeknight dinner. The workout room was nice with brick interior and I was helped right away when I accidentally left my room key behind after exercising. There is a bar onsite and the hotel is close to the Midtown Marta station. As a frequent business traveler it takes a lot to impress me-- I was impressed!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Paul B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / GA Tech, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear EconMom,

Thank you for the feedback! Happy hearing you found a new home while travelling into Atlanta for business. As a small team our crew is Amazing, even more so Thomas. Several of us have worked together for years. We realize the hotel choices available throughout the Midtown market. Please feel free to contact us directly so we may be of personal assistance with future travel. Again, thank for your time and thoughtful review of our team / hotel.

Paul Beaulieu
Director of Sales
Lovettsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Beautiful property; elegant rooms, fixtures, original art, furniture, thick bed with comfy duvet. Helpful, eager, friendly staff. Too little parking they charge $19/night for. They had me park in a handicapped space, which is better than municipal parking a block away I suppose. The Internet worked well. Fast food and groceries were a long drive. There were partiers outside at nearby clubs making noise, occasional car races. Icemaker is only on first floor.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

They go out of their way to make you feel at home. Great bunch of guys and gals! The entire staff worked hard to make us feel welcome every day. The housekeeping staff was friendly and attentive. Clean rooms. Nicely renovated. Great location near several restaurants & bars.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

We drove up to register and the man on duty was busy with another customer and the telephone. I thought "Oh No this is not good. This place only has one person at the front desk, However! We soon found out that "Thomas, and another man the next day". Were great! Each and every time a customer entered this location these two gentlemen made them feel at hone. It was a pleasure to go by the front desk as you always felt better when you walked away. If you requested anything they both went out of their way to insure you received it! Both of these men should be congratulated by their employer for keeping people staying at this Motel. I would also state that the breakfast buffet was very adequate and well maintained and stocked.
My main concerns was a charge of $19.00 for parking!
More importantly is the noise! Each and every noise from either inside and especially outside this Motel could be heard throughout the night. To make matters worse the heating/air conditioning units in i our rooms was noisey. To the point that they interrupted your sleep. Another thing was intrusion of the cold into this Motel. As cold as the tempts were it just oozed into everywhere via the windows, even in the buffet area. I felt that cheap windows were installed and you could feel this cold intrusion at every window. Another thing is the rooms are extremely small and to watch TV you have to sit on your bed. The free wifi was far from reliable also.
What this complex has going for them are their most important assets and that is their employees!

Room Tip: I have no idea! Stay and enjoy being treated extremely well by the employees
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Paul B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / GA Tech, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services. Please allow me to extend our most sincere apologies. All studios and one bedroom suites are equipped with the same queen size bed and basic layout with one exception. Our one bedroom is a premium room offering additional privacy with the French doors dividing our living space from our sleeping quarters. We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased. Please allow us the opportunity to speak with you personally. I would not want to jeopardize the relationship with a loyal guest.

Bakari Phillips
Front Desk Manager
dayton ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

Found out this is a newly renovated Residence and we were treated very well! I have to mention THOMAS who is the desk manager during the afternoon and evening as he is attentive and a role model for customer relations!! Seriously he is helpful but not intrusive, efficient and focused to please the customer!!! Nice style!!!
We enjoyed a great room with a small porch overlooking the front driveway. This room had the largest living space I have seen in a Residence as we actually had a dining room adjacent to the living room!
I am not sure about eating establishments in this neighborhood as we actually did not eat in the area, but there are several close by. And we walked to both the High Art Museum and the Federal Reserve Bank Museum. Parking on site for a fee and easy access to I-75 and 85 as we are in Midtown.,

Room Tip: ask for a room with a porch! You can sit outside at a small side table!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / GA Tech? Share your experiences!