“Great Residence Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Scarborough, Tobago
“Great Residence Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This property is located in possibly the best location. On Piedmont and less than a 10 minute walk for the Lindberg Centre and MARTA station. 30 minute drive North to Mall of Georgia or 20 minute drive south to Airport. Well maintained property and very friendly staff. I am accustomed to Residence Inn's free breakfast but this one also had an evening meal free. It was only Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RI_Guest_Services, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I just wanted to say thank you for your review! We truly appreciate anyone who takes the time to share their experiences with our property. I'm so glad that our central location worked well for you; we've always enjoyed being seconds away from some of the best shopping and dining in Atlanta!

Our Manager's Socials are the highlight of our weeks -- we enjoy serving our guests a light meal three times a week and have recently updated our menus based on guest preferences to provide a variety of wholesome, hearty options that rotate on a regular basis. It's our pleasure and pride to have some of the best in-house meals among area hotels.

I look forward to hosting you and your family the next time you are in Atlanta, as I am sure we will continue to delight!

Property Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed here five times total, the most recent was May of 2013. It is a very nice place to stay, close to many good restaurants, in a nice area of Atlanta. The hotel is a little older but very well maintained. The U turn into the entrance is a bit inconvenient, but that was the only downside of the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RI_Guest_Services, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are so glad that you continue to return to us at the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead! We are delighted to provide a home away from home for all our guests. As a historied property we are also proud of our recent renovations, which updated both the exterior of our buildings as well as all interior spaces such as guest rooms and lobby. We know our guests expect the very best, and I'm glad that you have experienced just that!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Last month I spent a long weekend at the Residence Inn Buckhead on Piedmont Rd. The location is great. You are on Piedmont Rd very close to Buckhead. There are no left turns into the hotel as there is a divider, so that requires a u-turn, but otherwise great. You are located close to Buckhead, Sidney Marcus Blvd and Buford Hwy, and I-85. There are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.
The hotel was quite busy when I arrived. The check-in was extremely fast and efficient. The desk agent informed me they were sold out and parking may be tight. I never had a parking problem, but later in the evening, I could see most spaces were taken.
The hotel is layed out like an apartment complex. Several 2 story buildings. The grounds were clean and quiet overall. This looks like an older property, and while the outside overall was nice, it could use a little tlc in the details. There was some peeling paint, and the screen door areas had some cobwebs and debris. A good scrub would do it good.
The room inside was fantastic! I was located in Building 13 on the back side of the property which overlooked the wooded area. Very private upstairs unit. The room was very clean, and I enjoyed the extra space. I was in a king room. Walking in is a sitting area with couch and chair, and tv which rotates from sitting area to bed area. The kitchen was well equipped with full size appliances, and a desk area. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Overall, very impressed with the room.
Housekeeping was quick and complete. No complaints at all. Both wi-fi and breakfast are included.
Breakfast was actually good and more than a typical continental breakfast. In addition to typical bread items and waffle maker, they had eggs, turkey sausage, and a breakfast english muffin sandwich. Overall, very good for a hotel included breakfast.
There was a bomb scare somewhere on Piedmont Rd on one day preventing us from getting into the hotel, but this was not the fault of the hotel. I went to eat, and gave a call to the hotel. They indicated everything was cleared up and we could get back into the lot. I felt the lot and complex was safe overall. A convenience store is within walking distance.
Check-out was via a phone call saving time as well.
Overall, this was an excellent bargain for the location. I was well impressed with the interior cleanliness and friendliness of the staff, and will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RI_Guest_Services, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing such a great review! Thank you as well for helping us to improve our offerings in the future; I have passed your review onto our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff who will ensure that we will continue to present the highest standards of cleanliness.

I am delighted you enjoyed our expansive “all that and more” breakfasts! At Residence Inn, we are proud to say that our guests never go hungry thanks to the best free breakfast in the area, and we hope that you will be returning soon to share it with us again!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at this property from May 2, 2013 to May 5, 2013. My family consisted of me, my husband, our 20 yr old son and my mother. We had a 2 br/2 bath unit that had the most beautiful full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. I did not cook but we kept snacks in the room.

Check In went quite smoothly and everyone was very helpful and efficient.

The Unit

As I said, the kitchen was fully equipped. There was a full size fridge/freezer with an ice maker, dishwasher, full size electric stove/oven, microwave and coffee maker. Coffee and the accessories are also provided. There were also glasses, plates and bowls and silverware in the unit but no pots/pans which I thought was quite odd since they gave you everything else.
The Unit itself was lovely. It looked like it was newly decorated and was spotless. The only thing that I didn’t like and wasn’t aware of when I booked this suite was the lack of privacy. When you walk into the unit, you walk into the living room/dining area/kitchen. Straight ahead is one of the bedrooms that has a king size bed where my husband and I slept. There is also a bathroom and a closet. Unfortunately this bedroom had absolutely no door. It is separated by a large doorway but there is no door so be aware of this when you make your reservations.
The living room has a pull out sofa (where my son slept) a large flat screen TV which is over the fireplace. The fireplace uses special type of logs which you can purchase at the office. There is also a reclining chair and a coffee table with a couple of lamps as well. A decent size closet is located right off of the entry way door.

The king size bedroom consisted of a king bed, large flat screen TV, dresser with 3 large drawers, 2 night tables, a large desk with a lamp, telephone which also had a high speed data port in it. There was also Wi-Fi in this hotel which you signed into but you had to sign in every day otherwise it wouldn’t work.

The Master Bathroom had a decent size vanity with a sink and granite counter tops. It also had a shower/tub combination and a full length mirror on the wall. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soaps were provided for your convenience.

The 2nd bedroom is located upstairs which is a loft bedroom. This bedroom has a little bit of privacy as it is upstairs but just so you know, there are no walls. It is a loft and you can look down into the main living area. This bedroom has a queen size bed. My mom slept up there. There is also another flat screen TV, dresser, 1 night table and a desk. I don’t remember if it had a telephone on it or not. The bathroom was in 2 parts….the sink/vanity was outside and the toilet and tub/shower was in a separate room and the room is very small. There is also a closet.

We had maid service every day and she was very good. Replacing towels and soaps and also folding up my son’s clothing.

A full buffet breakfast was included in the price and you have that in the building where the main office is. Breakfast consisted of muffins, bread, bagels (all which you can toast yourself), waffles (make it yourself), cold and hot cereals, yogurt, fruits, coffee, tea, juices, milk, scrambled eggs, potatoes (different types on different days), bacon, ham, sausage (also different on different days). The breakfasts were actually quite nice.

There is also a laundry room which you will need to room card to get into. It is located near the office. The washers and dryers cost $1.00 per load.

There is also an outdoor pool, sitting area with fire pit and grill. Unfortunately, we could not use any of this as it was raining and chilly the whole time we were there.

There are a couple things that I wasn’t happy with. 3 out of 4 of the room cards didn’t work. I guess we could have gone back to the office to have them issue us new ones, but we didn’t. Since this hotel was pet friendly I saw right near our unit a “doggie deposit”….granted this is not the hotel’s fault and the owner of the dog is clearly to blame, but I think that the grounds people should be going around checking and picking up these so called “deposits”.

Other than that, I really have no complaints and I did like the hotel. Like I said, there was lack of privacy so you will have to decide, if that is the type of unit you want before you make your reservations. I would see, if I could get a different type of unit, if I ever stayed there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RI_Guest_Services, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I want to first thank you for staying with us -- we truly appreciate your business. I must also say, WOW! Thank you very much for providing such a wonderfully detailed review! You have gone above and beyond; we couldn't have said it better ourselves! Please accept my apologies for the service failures you experienced during your stay. Since the writing of your review we have examined the issue and re-assigned the duties of some of our staff, ensuring that they will be available to more quickly spot any canine accidents that may occur on our grounds. I truly appreciate your understanding and patience with this issue.

Our spacious penthouse units do feature an open layout; some units also feature a door to close off the downstairs master bedroom and these can be provided on request at check-in based on our availability.

I hope that you will chose to stay with us again sometime soon. I cannot say how grateful I am that you took the time to provide others with such a thoughtful, detailed review of our property.

Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This property is older but very well maintained, and clean. It is five miles from most of Atlanta's main attractions and well situated for dining and shopping. Someone commented on the neighborhood which I also noticed. I did not feel at all unsafe and you must realize in most large cities you are only a couple miles from a "ruff area". I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RI_Guest_Services, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your four star review! We really love it that you took time out of your day to share these experiences with potential guests. Comments from out guests are truly important to all of us, and we thrive on your compliments, which our shared with our entire staff.

While the rapid growth of the Buckhead area has brought us multiple major construction projects (new ramp for GA 400, office/retail developement of 'Buckhead Project,' renovation of the new front of Lenox Mall), the completion of each project leaves us more beautiful, easier to navigate, and able to offer more shopping, dining, and entertainment for our valuable guests. If sometimes things can look a little dusty, rest assured that underneath the tarp are some truly beautiful spaces with uniquely Buckhead architecture. We love our growing, changing city, and we know that our guests will as well!

Again, thanks for your comments, and we hope to have you back again soon!

Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nothing to complain about the hotel, but was surprised to be in such a sketchy area of Buckhead, which is an upscale neighborhood of Atlanta. Or it was the last time I was here. Free breakfast is better than average. Pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Even though no one was playing that night a room away from the basketball court would be recommended...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RI_Guest_Services, Proprety Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We’re so glad that you were pleased with what you found. We agree – we love our location! Our guests find that they enjoy being within walking distance of Bones, Fogo de Chao, and Ocean Prime, and a short ride away on our free shuttle they can also reach Ruth Chris, Whiskey Blue, Atlanta Fish Market, and the Capital Grille. With three shopping centers within three miles, guests who stay with us will never grow bored.

Again, thank you for leaving your review; we really appreciate it! We hope to see you back again soon!
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having scoped the possible apartment possibilities in Buckhead, Atlanta, via Google, we hit upon the Residence Inn as being a pretty good location for a ten day visit to Atlanta, as well as being a reasonably priced option that provided self-catering facilities. The added bonus was that breakfast every morning was included as was supper, incl wine or beer, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

After a trouble-free flight, there was virtually no delay at US immigration; there would have been no delay at all if my wife hadn't declared the banana she was carrying (forbidden fruit!). On arrival at the Residence Inn, we were shown to our apartment on the ground floor of one of the two-apartment houses at the back. We were very pleasantly surprised by our little apartment. A small kitchenette, a small 'office-type' desk with multiple recharging sockets for mobiles, computers, etc. and free wi-fi, an ample sofa(bed) plus an armchair in front of an open fire (eco-friendly logs available from reception), large comfortable bed, bath/shower and separate basin, huge mirror, hair dryer, etc.

This is where we were introduced by the size of everything in the US. In the the small kitchen area, there was a huge cooker/hob, a huge sink almost large enough to bathe in, a huge dishwasher and a large fridge/freezer. We returned one day to find the dishwasher had been turned to wash two mugs and a glass! We were more than happy to wash the mugs and glasses after use. On this occasion, we forgot!

Everyone here is so friendly, not only at The Residence Inn but in Atlanta as a whole. Southern hospitality is a reality. It wasn't unusual to strike up a conversation with someone in the breakfast queue, in which there was, daily, a selection of fresh fruit, cereals, scrambled eggs, DIY waffles, bread and delicious muffins for toasting, orange or cranberry juice, butter, peanut butter, margarine, grape jam. These were accompanied by a couple of hot dishes that included small burgers, pancakes, mushroom sauce, crispy bacon, turkey slices and so on. Predictably, many plates were piled high. How people can eat so much food, I shall never know.

During our stay, the finals of the national college basket ball competition were held in Atlanta and we were astonished to see so many exceptionally tall men, of all ages, assembled in one place for breakfast! Presumably, all had once played for their respective colleges.

The Residence Inn is well located on Piedmont Road, a main eight lane highway, and within an easy walk to the nearest train station, although the hotel shuttle bus will carry guests to destinations within a three mile radius. The staff were exceptionally friendly; the receptionists, the servers, room service staff, the shuttle bus driver. It provided everything we could have wanted, although next time we shall ask for an upstairs room...on one evening, it sounded as though they were playing basket ball in the room above!

Atlanta is a great place to visit and The Residence Inn a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs apartment in one of the little houses at the back. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I cannot say how glad I am that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took it upon yourself to provide such a detailed review for others. We really appreciate it!

As you had the pleasure of noticing, our very best feature at the Residence Inn is our associates -- we are proud to say that our associates have 276 years of experience at providing a warm, welcoming environment for all our guests. It has always been and will continue to be important to us to provide service with enthusiam and empathy.

I hope that you will return again to stay with us sometime soon, and again, thank you for your stay!

Property Coordinator

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!