My family and I stayed at this property from May 2, 2013 to May 5, 2013. My family consisted of me, my husband, our 20 yr old son and my mother. We had a 2 br/2 bath unit that had the most beautiful full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. I did not cook but we kept snacks in the room.
Check In went quite smoothly and everyone was very helpful and efficient.
As I said, the kitchen was fully equipped. There was a full size fridge/freezer with an ice maker, dishwasher, full size electric stove/oven, microwave and coffee maker. Coffee and the accessories are also provided. There were also glasses, plates and bowls and silverware in the unit but no pots/pans which I thought was quite odd since they gave you everything else.
The Unit itself was lovely. It looked like it was newly decorated and was spotless. The only thing that I didn’t like and wasn’t aware of when I booked this suite was the lack of privacy. When you walk into the unit, you walk into the living room/dining area/kitchen. Straight ahead is one of the bedrooms that has a king size bed where my husband and I slept. There is also a bathroom and a closet. Unfortunately this bedroom had absolutely no door. It is separated by a large doorway but there is no door so be aware of this when you make your reservations.
The living room has a pull out sofa (where my son slept) a large flat screen TV which is over the fireplace. The fireplace uses special type of logs which you can purchase at the office. There is also a reclining chair and a coffee table with a couple of lamps as well. A decent size closet is located right off of the entry way door.
The king size bedroom consisted of a king bed, large flat screen TV, dresser with 3 large drawers, 2 night tables, a large desk with a lamp, telephone which also had a high speed data port in it. There was also Wi-Fi in this hotel which you signed into but you had to sign in every day otherwise it wouldn’t work.
The Master Bathroom had a decent size vanity with a sink and granite counter tops. It also had a shower/tub combination and a full length mirror on the wall. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soaps were provided for your convenience.
The 2nd bedroom is located upstairs which is a loft bedroom. This bedroom has a little bit of privacy as it is upstairs but just so you know, there are no walls. It is a loft and you can look down into the main living area. This bedroom has a queen size bed. My mom slept up there. There is also another flat screen TV, dresser, 1 night table and a desk. I don’t remember if it had a telephone on it or not. The bathroom was in 2 parts….the sink/vanity was outside and the toilet and tub/shower was in a separate room and the room is very small. There is also a closet.
We had maid service every day and she was very good. Replacing towels and soaps and also folding up my son’s clothing.
A full buffet breakfast was included in the price and you have that in the building where the main office is. Breakfast consisted of muffins, bread, bagels (all which you can toast yourself), waffles (make it yourself), cold and hot cereals, yogurt, fruits, coffee, tea, juices, milk, scrambled eggs, potatoes (different types on different days), bacon, ham, sausage (also different on different days). The breakfasts were actually quite nice.
There is also a laundry room which you will need to room card to get into. It is located near the office. The washers and dryers cost $1.00 per load.
There is also an outdoor pool, sitting area with fire pit and grill. Unfortunately, we could not use any of this as it was raining and chilly the whole time we were there.
There are a couple things that I wasn’t happy with. 3 out of 4 of the room cards didn’t work. I guess we could have gone back to the office to have them issue us new ones, but we didn’t. Since this hotel was pet friendly I saw right near our unit a “doggie deposit”….granted this is not the hotel’s fault and the owner of the dog is clearly to blame, but I think that the grounds people should be going around checking and picking up these so called “deposits”.
Other than that, I really have no complaints and I did like the hotel. Like I said, there was lack of privacy so you will have to decide, if that is the type of unit you want before you make your reservations. I would see, if I could get a different type of unit, if I ever stayed there again.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead Hotel
- Residence Inn Atlanta
- Atlanta Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Atlanta's most vibrant neighborhood, the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead hotel is the perfect choice for an extended stay in Atlanta, GA. We know exactly what you need for stays of one night or several weeks. Whether you're planning a short or longer visit, this Atlanta extended stay hotel provides great service, friendly staff and many amenities. Our Buckhead suites feature full kitchens, separate living room with sleeper sofa, work space and wireless high-speed Internet. Our extended stay hotel in Atlanta is just minutes from Buckhead's gracious homes, elegant shops, fine restaurants and exciting night life. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet and a 24-hour self-serve marketplace. Stay fit while traveling at our fitness center. Take advantage of our grocery shopping and dry cleaning services, which are available on-site. For small gatherings or off-site meetings, Residence Inn hotel in Atlanta is the perfect choice, with a meeting room that accommodates 35. Start planning your stay today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.