“Room fine, but felt a bit unsafe” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Buckhead!
Ranked #115 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Room fine, but felt a bit unsafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We got our 2 rooms from Price Line-not a great deal for $100+ each per night, but imagine we were paying for the midweek Buckhead location. We're from the Atlanta area, and knew this was a quieter section of the town, away from what is considered "Buckhead". Check in was no problem, and the room was very nice and comfortable. We'd booked 2 rooms, however they weren't close to each other at all. We asked to be moved, but were told the only availability was room 1313-no thanks. Like most other reviews, when we returned from dinner there was no parking to be found. We didn't mind the walk when spaces eventually opened up, but due to the set up of the buildings, being three women, didn't feel entirely safe walking down the narrow paths through the buildings, around to the back of the buildings where our rooms faced the woods. During the day, the set up looks like a little townhouse community, however at night, it took on a different feel. The bed was very comfortable and the room had all amenities we needed. Happy hour, which is included in the price, had a good assortment of foods-grilled hot dogs & hamburgers, chips, wine, and soft drinks. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast. It was a good night's stay, but I don't believe we'll stay there again due to the set up of the buildings.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter than those facing the parking lot if you don't mind walking betwee...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My family was taking a mini-vacay to Atlanta since I had some free nights through Marriott. When I booked the hotel, I meant to book the Residence Inn Buckhead/Lenox but was mistakenly put in this one by the Marriott person over the phone. When we get there, it's late (probably 11pm) and we check in. We are given the room key and told where to park. The lady says to park in the back of the lot and walk between two buildings to our building. Well, the parking lot was slammed and we had to park at the front of the lot. We had two small children with us and had to walk through the lot, between these two building (in the dark) before we got to our building. As we are walking by the rooms, there were people all around sitting outside drinking and smoking. It really made us feel unsafe. We looked at the room and it was okay but just based on the surroundings, we decided to find another hotel. I would not recommend this hotel specifically because of the lack of parking and the setup of the buildings.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay, try to stay in the building toward the front of the hotel. Otherwise you...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Visiting this area for the Masters golf tournament, found this place almost as a last resort as
everywhere was booked out. Very pleasantly surprised, reception desk staff were most helpful and friendly . Appartment was very spacious and well appointed with all mod cons including free Wifi .Spotlessly clean.Numerous restaurants within walking distance.I would agree with recent reviews of Susan and Mark.The only item we missed was an electric kettle for our cup of tea, but then this is the USA, and we managed very well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Nice quite place. Like having your own apartment with maid service. The front desk clerks are freindly and very helpful. Wifi was in the process of being put in every building, so, while I wasn't happy with having to walk to the clubhouse to use the wifi. It should not be an issue for anyone in the future. Great location close to sopping and resturants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you are staying in Atlanta and looking for a great family option, we had a great time at a very old school Residence Inn. Why old school? Marriott as a brand generally delivers property's with interior corridors (meaning you never go outside) but this property has multiple small buildings with a handful of units per building. It creates more of a private residence and apartment feeling which worked great for our week stay.

So it really worked for us as a family, but initially we had concerns about the open loft upstairs bedroom with the kids potentially falling over the railing, to the downstairs noise keeping the kids up. Our kids believe in self-preservation and if you trust your kids to follow those rules the first concern is mollified. The second concern is taken care of by exhausting your kids and keeping the conversations and TV low.

Speaking of TVs, the highlight of the rooms for the kids were the 3 large screens throughout the unit. For the parents, the kitchen was great especially the time-saving dishwasher to the baby paraphernalia. The rooms were also clean and updated in keeping with Marriott standards. Free breakfast was good. Did not use the pool or basketball court (how awesome is that) but if warmer and prepared would next time.

Biggest drawback is the parking lot. Not big enough to accommodate high room occupancy and low occupancy vehicles. And because of the nature of the property, you will be schlepping your gear to units in the back or interior of the property. Basically suck it up and do the walk and things will be fine (or have great parking spot karma).

Room Tip: Property had multiple small buildings. We stayed and would recommend staying in the rooms at the bac...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I reserved a room here for one night when I needed to do some shopping in the area. I had no problems at check-in. I had asked for an early check-in and was able to get in the room early. I was in Building 8 on the first floor. This property is larger than it looks from the street with units that go back away from reception and then a length of separate units across the back. These units are far from reception and the busy Piedmont Road, but this is why I liked them. I never had a problem parking when I was there, but neither did I note any convention or conference attendees. The parking lot was pretty full but always had spaces near the room for my visit. The entrance to the room was opposite from the parking lot and was down a narrow pedestrian walkway. I found the room itself to be very attractive and well laid out. There was a very well-equipped kitchen and I did cook a meal there. There was a large flat screen TV that could be turned to be viewed from sofa or bed. There were two closets, a sink/vanity area and then a separate area for the tub and toilet. This space was very tight, but it was very clean and the water pressure was great. My only problem with this property was the internet connectivity. No wireless and I could not connect at all with the cable. I called the front desk and they said they could send a technician to the room. i said fine, but that I needed to go out. They said it should be working when I returned but it was not. It was late so I gave up and tried again the next morning--still no luck.I could hear the people in the room over me walking around occasionally but I never heard any more noise. I chose to make my own breakfast in the room so I did not go up to the breakfast area and can't comment on that. Sometimes I just want a hotel property that is a lot like being at home--the Residence Inn properties are good for satisfying this need--comfortable bed, full kitchen, etc. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The good................
This hotel is very convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc. in Buck head.
The rooms are spacious
Free Breakfast ( when you can get it)

The Bad.....................
There are no elevators.
The rooms are not near the lobby/breakfast area. Which is a nuisance in inclement weather.
You never know what type of service you will get from the front desk attendants.

The ugly.............
Parking was awful. If you arrive back to the hotel after 6pm. Good luck finding parking near your room. We had to park near the lobby area which was a good 5-7 minute walk in the rain to get to our room in a torrential downpour.

We were never able to take advantage of the free breakfast until the day we left, because there was a huge cheer leading competition in town and the lobby /breakfast area was filled with cheerleaders. Thank goodness the Waffle House was around the corner.

The bathrooms are TINY. You can barely close the door.

The ads show that these room have fireplaces.....We didn't have one. Very Deceiving!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lounge/breakfast area on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!