“Very Nice Experience.......” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Boston, MA
“Very Nice Experience.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed the weekend at the Renaissance at the Hartsfield Airport. The hotel is about 1/2 mile from the airport. We rented a car, but there is a free shuttle to and from the airport. check-in was a breeze. Being platinum Marriott Rewards members we were upgraded to an enormous corner room. We had complementary ice cream and two free bottles of water as gifts waiting in our room. Atlanta was on sale for $79.00 per night. The room was clean and well appointed with two desks, a hall with two closets, and enough space in between for a volleyball team.
I asked about breakfast and was told that complimentary breakfast for elite members is no longer available on weekends. So I printed a two-for-one coupon off the Marriott website and we had the buffet in the morning for $8.50 each.
Parking is easy and plentiful. There are planes 150 yards from the hotel, yet the jet noise from the airport is minimal.
We were visiting our son and his family. We used to stay at the Renaissance Downtown, but that hotel is closed. So this will be our new place to stay when we are visiting.

No issues, excellent service and facilities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I find myself having trouble getting too worked up, or too enthusiastic, over my recent stay at the Renaissance Concourse Hotel. It is a nice hotel. I found it a little worn looking, but clean. Some staff were quite friendly, others average, but no one was rude. You can stay on the "city side" or the "airport side" and out of curiosity I chose the airport side. If you are fascinated by aircraft taking off you will LOVE this. There is a small balcony with seating (reminded me of a cruise ship balcony) and you have a front row seat to watch a very busy airport. I wish I had brought my binoculars for a closer view. Seeing the line of lights on planes waiting to land was a lot of fun. Best of all the noise from this did not disturb me in my room, and never disturbed my sleep. If it is a question for you, be sure to request the city side.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The wireless internet is an outrageous $14.95 per day, and I could not detect any free WiFi in the lobby area or meeting rooms. There is a business center but access to the internet is fee-based as well (although you can access your airline information to print boarding passes for free.)

My conference supplied all meals and they were tasty. There is a regular shuttle to the airport ( mine did not stop at other hotels) and you can catch the MARTA (?) subway from the airport if you wanted to travel to other parts of Atlanta.

There are other airport based hotels around this busy airport. The Renaissance could be a good choice among them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Marriott should be ashamed to have this hotel represent thier brand. This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed at in a long time. I stay a minimum of fifty nights per year at Marriott hotels and I have never seen such an unclean hotel with an unfriendly staff. I stayed here for a business trip and cut it short just to get out of here. 1. Staff was unfriendly on check in and did not recognize thier elite guests. 2) room was dirty (right down to the dried snots on the bathroom wall and the peeling paint and dirty carpet) 3) Beds UNCOMFORTABLE 4)Conciere lounge is a joke with a couple of little frozen cupcakes 4)AGAIN the staff who does not care about it's guests complaints4) good luck getting a good nights sleep between the airport and the lumpy mattress. If you are looking for a good hotel try the Marriott Buckhead unfortunatly this was a last minute trip and they were booked as well as all the other good hotels in the area. This hotel must not have a manager is all I have left to say.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sewanee, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

This is the fifth time we have stayed at the Renaissance Concourse after a transatlantic flight. (Our home is three hours from the airport, and we prefer not to drive when jetlagged.) Each time, we have been warmly welcomed by the very professional staff. We check in, have a nap and a shower, then go downstairs for a drink and a nice meal, all of which help to wash away the effects of a 9 or 10 hour flight and the associated hassles. In the morning we sleep in, enjoy a good breakfast, and drive home refreshed.

We enjoy staying on the airport side to watch the planes from our balcony, and we're always too tired to be disturbed by any noise at night. The food in the restaurant has always been excellent for us; I was surprised to see that another traveler had such negative comments. That said, the breakfast buffet is a much better value than a la carte, unless you want something specific such as eggs Benedict. We only wish we could get a park-and-fly package for *after* our trip; they always insist that you stay beforehand (which doesn't make sense for flights that leave in the evening).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed for two nights over Labor Day weekend and were not disappointed. The shuttle service was excellent. We never waited longer than 15 min. for a ride anywhere. They will take you to several different restaurants in the area within a mile radius if you are looking to stay close to the hotel for dinner or breakfast. They will take you back and forth to the airport so you can take the MARTA train into the city which is very convenient and economical. This will save you from driving around downtown Atlanta.We visited the aquarium and the zoo with no problems. Check in was a breeze. The lady at the counter was very nice and gave us the information on all the restaurants in the area. The bar area was a nice place to relax in the evening and have a drink and the staff there were super friendly. The bar was a bit on the expensive side but you are paying for convenience. The room attendants were friendly and happy to get you anything you needed. The room was big and very clean. We were on the airport side and had a private balcony with a view of the runways. Watching planes take off and land was kind of cool. There was a little noise but not enough to realize that you were beside the runway, no trouble sleeping. All in all, to avoid having to rent a car, staying at this hotel and using the shuttle and the MARTA is the way to go if you just want to see downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

At the advise of my travel agent, we booked this hotel pre and post departure for a trip to Puerta Vallarta with Continental Vacations. The first evening we arrived at check in time and had a very nice stay. The 2 areas of disappointment where the room amenities and the Concorde Bar and Grill. What is advertised on the Marriott website is not what you get in club level. We received 1 6oz bottle of water and 1 bottle of shampoo. The housekeeper accomadated our request. The food at the Concorde Bar and grill is very sub standard. For the price you expect Marriott food quality...it is not here. We purchased a $25 gift certificate for $5 on Restaurant . com.
On our return we arrived at the hotel at 11p. Checked in. We shared a 3 oz of bottled water each as no more was available. (Basically enough to brush your teeth in a third world country. the vending area was sparse offering 3 day old soggy sandwiches, chips, candy, sodas, juice, travel items, magazines and honey buns. Internet is not free when you upgrade except in the club level lounge which is closed in the evening. No phone book in room,no internet, coffee service is hidden in closet. One robe...etc....Club Level Breakfast is adequate with melons and pineapple (no grab and go items i.e. appscrles, bananas, oranges, granola)....2 hot items, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cheese, boiled eggs, bread station, cold cereal, yogurt. 4 kinds of fruit juice and coffee. We were greeted by a very unpleasant hostess that would have prefered to surf the internet than do her job. We checked out at 12n to take the shuttle for a 1p van shuttle departer and missed it because the airport shuttle was so slow and numerous stops at other hotels closer to the airport. Therefore, we waited in the hot Atlanta heat for the 2p (we could have stayed in the comfort of the lobby). All and all a very miserable experience for us.

The hotel is not soundproof as they say. We stayed on the city side the first night and had a very distant city view but a quiet room. The airport side is very noisy as well as the outdoor pool. The whirlpool didnt work (according to other guests) and I couldnt get the sauna to work as well.

No in rooms safes. The ones behind the desk are missing keys. Maybe that is why I didn't sleep the last night as I felt I was open to vulnerability and just didnt feel safe or comfortable...email me with any questions

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

The Renaissance Concourse is located approximately five minutes away by bus from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. The hotel provides a 24/7 bus-shuttle for free to its customers between the hotel and the airport. Even a night it runs quite frequently so I ended up waiting less than five minutes. The hotel lobby looks great and so do the room, which are equipped with comfortable beds (either double or one kingsize) and flat screen TV. On top most rooms feature a balcony, which I did not use because of the close proximity to the runways. It is better to keep the windows closed to keep the noise from landing and taking-off aircrafts to a minimum. On top, the hotel offers a SPA, which includes a swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and fitness center. The SPA definitely exceeded my expectation I can recommend using it when staying at the Renaissance Concourse. I was disappointed that the hotel did not provide free WiFi. Even in the lobby the hotel charged a ridiculous price in order for you to access the internet. Unfortunately the breakfast was also not included in the rate. But the hotel provides free parking for up to ten days if you spend just a single night. So if you are on a trip it may be cheaper and more relaxing to spend a night at the hotel rather than using Atlanta airport’s expensive long term parking lot. I can recommend staying at the hotel even though I may check out other opportunities next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!