“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Cumming, Georgia, USA
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here one night as we had an early flight the next morning. The interior of the hotel was very nice (breathtaking if you are afraid of heights and on an upper floor). Our room overlooked the run way and while you could hear the aircraft taking off and landing it was nice to sit on the balcony and take in the marvel of the ATL airport.

Room Tip: Upper floors will be quieter if there is a lot of people in the atrium of the hotel. I love the air...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

10 min shuttle ride proximity to the airport is convenient - friendly staff, clean rooms and nice appointments makes this my top choice in Atlanta for quick meetings. The restaurant's creative, tasty food, fast service and quiet atmosphere is perfect for quick power lunches. Only downside was a noisy function downstairs in the evenings - the open atrium design carried laughter and party noise all the way up to the 9th floor - until 3am. Suggest to curb these events at an earlier time.

Room Tip: Choose a room with city view - you will hear planes taking off on the airport side. Request a top fl...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have stayed at this Renaissance property several times, but this stay was by far the best. The front desk staff upgraded my family to a club floor room with an airport view, great for any avid plane watcher. The club lounge was stocked with food and drinks and offered an amazing breakfast. William (from the club lounge) was probably the friendliest and most personable hotel staff person I have ever met. We thoroughly enjoyed his jokes and fist bumps! The rooms have obviously been upgraded and are very nice, offering comfortable bedding, reading lamps, and even a scale in the bathroom.I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

Stayed August 2014
Peachtree City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel back in January and forgot to post my experience about this hotel. If your looking for rest and relaxation, look elsewhere. This hotel has an open atrium, so if they are having a conference or function there, you will not get any rest!!!. I had two rooms booked and the rooms were located above the bar area, which the noise drove me nuts. Loud conversations with cursing, laughing and hostess slamming plates and utensils down was the worst. I called the front desk about the issues and they said they would send security to check it out. Noise continued until 1:00am, so if they sent security it didn't do any good. I went to the front desk and told them that I had enough and would have checked out, but I didn't want to be taking my mother out that time of morning, because of the area. The Front Desk Clerk said that she would send security again let them know that they were disturbing the guest again, which it didn't do any good. Everything quieted down a little about 2:00, and the saddest part is these people were not staying at the hotel, they were only there for the function. Front Desk Clerk kept apologizing for the inconvenience, which it wasn't her fault that the hotel guest were noisy and the walls are thin. Me and my family getaway trip was ruined, but not from the noise from the airplanes, which was not bad, but from the non-paying guest. Other guest were complaining about the noise also. Will not stay at this hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone looking for rest and relaxation. I lost over 20, 000 points, which I feel should have been reversed and given back to me. Management there is also slow by responding to issues also.

Room Tip: If you want to take a risk and stay at this hotel, get rooms on higher floors and on the end of the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
MgrRenConATL, Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
I am sorry to hear about the noise experienced during your stay. I understand how the noise from the large group detracted from your stay. We don't have many groups that cause noise concerns till that late in the evening and hope this is an isolated incident. I am sorry this occurred and hope we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I loved the hotel and had no issues except my experience with front desk agent Jenal who was rude and obnoxious. She rolled her eyes at me when I asked her a question and has an overall bad attitude. She raised her voice at me when I tried to clarify the checkout process. The hotel needs to train their front desk agents on proper customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I appreciate your comments regarding some service observations. I will be sure to share your review with our Reception team as a training tool. I hope we have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future. Best regards...
Fayetteville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was a bit bothered with the urine smell in the ballroom. I had to change my seat a couple of times during a conference. The hotel was a little old. I would like the hotel to clean the ballroom. It is dangerous to not take care of this problem. I believe this problem has affected our health--- a cold and sneezing. We contacted this during our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MgrRenConATL, Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have alerted the appropriate people to look into this situation. Rest assured, quick action will be taken to fix if anything is found at this time.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We really like this property. The lobby is impressive, the rooms are nice. We always stay on the club level. It is a little more expensive, but includes snacks (more like a lite meal), and drinks. The view of the runway is nice if you get one of those rooms, but it can be noisy.

Recommend looking at packages online. We have booked extended parking at no-little charge. Makes it well worth getting their a day early.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!