“2 Quick Stays” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
MO
“2 Quick Stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here on the evenings before and after an international flight. Shuttles run the short drive every 20 minutes. They even adapted to a heavier load day with more buses. No worry here! Everyone we encountered on staff was courteous, friendly, and professionally helpful. Nice, large, clean room on both stays. I thought flight noise might be a problem...no, slept well. Remodeling continues on upper floors, but stopped by an appropriate evening time.

(Hotel...time to review the pay for wifi decision.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Even though I went for a business trip, it ended up being a holiday, spending time with family who lived in Atlanta. It was pride to bring them to this hotel, because the layout is absolutely amazing. As you walk towards the front entrance, the doors automatically open up. Glass elevators in the center were a welcome change from the traditional elevators in the corner of the building. Rooms were large and clean. They replenished the consumables every day, plenty of newspapers to take in the lobby, to last a whole day. Courteous staff. The only things that they could improve upon is 1) maybe have a coffee machine in the guest rooms 2) offer free coffee in the lobby, provide better parking rates and maybe, allow an hour or so free parking, instead of charging from the first minute and allow in/out privileges to guests who are parking overnight.

Room Tip: The hotel was full when i stayed - got a room on the fourth floor - still was quite nice. I am sure...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise as I didn't have very high expectations. When I arrive in my room, there was a tray with cheeses and fruits and a bottle of wine. I was there for a business meeting. But it set such a nice tone for the rest of the stay. The room was very comfortable. The meeting facilities are superior and everything worked like it was supposed to (audio, visual, meals, etc.)

If you're looking for a meeting hotel I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Room 747 facing outside (rather than into the interior lobby) was nice! It was close enough to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance as we usually use Marriott Group when possible when travelling because of the service levels.
The location is very handy if you are in transit at the airport as it is a quick shuttle drive. Also, the views of the aircraft landing / taking off are really impressive.
The room was standard Marriott - very good - and the bar / restaurant were fine, but the whole place (especially in the restaurant atrium area) felt so big and impersonal that it was a dissapointment compared to the usual good Marriott standard.
We would use the hotel again but only for transiting.

Room Tip: The rooms looking onto the airport are great and there is no noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our group has stayed at this hotel for years before leaving on SCUBA diving vacations, driving over the night before and taking advantage of the park & fly rate. However since the new International terminal opened the only way to get from the hotel to the airport is take the shuttle to the domestic departures, then grab the shuttle between the domestic and international, a lot of effort when packing dive gear. So we opted to take taxis, inquiring on Friday Night at the front desk about availability of two vans (6 passengers) and were told by both staff that they would be lined up outside, and at the most a 5 minute wait.
Saturday morning we went to the front door to find nobody available, so we asked at the front desk and told we would have to wait. After another 10 minutes we asked the front desk to please call, he returned to tell us the service they use doesn't have vans...we asked him to call for 3 taxiis...after an additional 10 minutes nothing, so I found a local service using an iPhone APP and called myself. Total time to first taxi was 35 minutes.
We are already booked for our next trip in April...guess where we are NOT staying.

Room Tip: No shuttle to International Departures.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

When flight delays resulted in an overnight in Atlanta we chose the Renaissance because of shuttle service to and from the airport. We obtained a room at a very reasonable rate. We were greeted graciously by the reception staff of this beautiful if not newer.
Upper floor rooms are being systematically redone we were told. Our room was on a lower floor however everything within was in good working order. It was clean and quiet. The king mattress and sheets were extremely comfortable. We dined at the on-site restaurant which was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room if you are staying for more than a night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Although this is a fancy hotel, extremely conveniently located practically on the Atlanta Airport, I don't think I would choose this hotel again. I stayed in January 2013 and the concierge room was closed for renovation. They provided coupons for appetizers and breakfast to compensate for the lounge being closed. I had booked two rooms and had my relatives with me (4 adults and one child) so they gave me two coupons. We stopped by for appetizers and ordered 5 to share. When I gave the coupons I was told I needed to pay for 3 of the appetizers. There was no problem at breakfast, we provided the two coupons and all ate. i figured it was just a misunderstanding that I could resolve at check-out but the desk clerk informed me that the coupons were only for the Platinum member and one guest. I raised the issue with the manager on duty. I explained that I had booked two rooms and if we were on the concierge floor surely we all would have had access to the lounge. She 'reluctantly' agreed to remove the charge from my bill. By the way the food, both appetizers and breakfast was stunning.
A word of warning if you are flying out of the international terminal. Although the hotel advertises free shuttle to the airport, they will only take you to the Domestic terminal. From there you must switch to an airport shuttle for the 3 mile ride to the international terminal. Although the terminals are connected by the underground train, you can't get through security until you check in at the international terminal.
In summary this hotel is a very nice facility but the management doesn't have any concept of exceeding your expectations.

Room Tip: You might be tempted to ask for a room on the runway side of the building as the view is awesome. H...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!