“Old and Tired Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown

You added Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   590 West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Formerly Melia Atlanta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #141 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Old and Tired Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Booked a two night stay at the Crowne Plaza, but I have to say that I was very disapointed with the hotel.

The staff were excellent and very helpful, but the hotel was not in the best area and we were told not to walk to a nearby restaurant as there is a hostel nearby.

I was upgraed to a junior suite, which was a nice room, but the windows were the big problem. Firstly they did not appear to be double glazed, so you could hear all the noise from the street, but the big problem came on day two when there was a Northerly wind, which meant I had to be moved twice as the wind rattled through the windows with a howling noise, which made it impossible to sleep.

I was moved to a King Room on the South side of the hotel which was nice a quiet.

I undersant that a lot of work is being done on the hotel, but unless they replace the windows, not sure I will be returning.

Room Tip: Get a room on the South of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Tony B,

I want to thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown during your recent visit to the Atlanta. I sincerely apologize for the lack of insulation and presentation you experienced while staying here. This summer, we will begin our renovation of the entirety of our property, including insulating our windows and updating our decor. I hope you will visit with us again after our renovation, I am positive that with our already exceptional customer service and newly modified property, we will more than exceed your expectations in our brand. We look forward to assisting you with all of your traveling needs in the future.

Dick Turner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were here visiting a friend. The Hotel room was "ok". The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was in need of paint. We would have liked to have a safe in our room. The room was VERY noisy from the street noise, cars, sirens, etc. We had a beautiful view of center city, but are windows were so dirty, it really couldn't be appreciated.
The staff was very friendly.
My husband is a smoker and the smoking area was on the side of the building, which was fine, except the bums that were there asking for handouts!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear erichelcat,

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit your constructive feedback after your recent visit to our property. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with the presentation of the room, and you had noise issues and security problems. We are currently implementing strict guidelines with our security team to patrol the smoking area and make sure only guest are using that area. Also, this summer, we will begin our multi million dollar renovation to address all presentation concerns on our property. We will upgrade and modify all of our guestrooms and public spaces. We hope you will visit with us again after our renovation. I can assure you that with our renovation and wonderful customer service we will exceed your expectations and provide you with a refreshing and comfortable experience.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms look old and need updating. Very loud city noise all night due to old windows. Sleeping was almost impossible. The only good point is the view and the location as very close taxi rides to some good restaurants. I would however not recommend this Hotel.

Stayed April 2015
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kiki t,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your constructive feedback after your recent visit to our property. I would like to apologize for the lack of insulation to buffer the city noise. During our major renovation this summer, we will specifically be addressing that issue, so our guest have a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Although I can understand your hesitation, we hope you will visit with us after our renovation, so we can regain your confidence and provide you with a refreshing and relaxing visit.

Hlohovec, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel is outdated and needs some work to appeal to business travellers in my opinion. My room was facing the highway and both nights u woke up in the middle of the night due to firefighters or police sirens sound from the highway. Soundproof this part of the hotel should be considered as I don't think I would come back again. Other than that the rooms were clean and staff was very professional. We used a conference room too and the service was great.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear TomasBillik,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to share your recent visit at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. I am thrilled that my associates were professional and your room was clean and comfortable. However, i do apologize for the lack of insulation from the city noises. During our renovation this summer, we will be addressing those concerns and making the necessary adjustments to resolve those issues. We can understand your hesitation with wanting to return, but I can assure you that after our renovation, you will have a seamless and refreshing visit with minimal inference from city noise. We hope to see you soon!

Brunswick, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was not at all impressed with this hotel. I was on the 6th floor and it was so loud with all of the city noise, that it was very difficult to sleep. I have stayed in many metropolitan hotels, but this was the loudest ever.

Otherwise, the room was comfortable and had some of the better pillows I have used in a hotel. The room was OK, but not exceptional.

Breakfast was good and fairly affordable for a hotel meal.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear bscotthome,

I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to our property. I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of insulation from the city noises. During our renovation this summer, we will take steps to resolve our insulation issues to ensure all guest have a relaxing and peaceful visit. We hope you will visit with us after the renovation so we can have another chance to exceed your expectations, and cement your confidence in our brand. We look forward to assisting you in the near future,

ROCHESTER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have delayed writing this review because it is difficult to adequately review my experience. We booked on line and had expectations which were not met. The hotel is currently under renovation and some rebranding is in progress. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Unfortunately their patience was clearly being tried by all the chaos. When we went for the breakfast that we understood was included with the price of the room we were told the price was an additional $16.95. We were told by the hostess we were the third party that morning with that problem. She apparently had that problem all the time and management was unresponsive. There were several other smaller problems but the last straw was the breakfast. We didn't need the breakfast but felt cheated when we were being charged that much when all we needed was a cup of coffee. I finally got my coffee at a wonderful restaurant nearby.
We asked for a manager at the time but no one was available. A very pleasant Administrative Assistant contacted me by email a few days later and that went a long way to easing my frustration. She explained the hotel is in the beginning stages of a multi million dollar renovation. I was able to vent my frustration over the poor and misleading communication. I felt my frustrations (and those of the staff) might make it to the management that made the decisions. The hotel would have been fine if expectations had not been raised beyond what they intended to deliver. I don't think they intended to deceive me but that is how I felt at the time.
For the price the hotel was very reasonably priced. It had many positives. My room was good. With the renovations the hotel could be great. But before the hotel can be considered good they need to work on communication. And that won't take millions of dollars. Now that I know what to expect I would stay there again. Just don't expect any thing more than a clean room in a good location.

Room Tip: Hotel does not communicate well. The hotel is being renovated. Keep your expectations low and you wi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Joel C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your valuable feedback after your recent visit to our property. While I am glad that we met the basic criteria for your travels, we strive to exceed your expectations and provide you with a True Crowne Experience. I apologize for the lack of communication in providing your family with complimentary breakfast. We are working now to ensure our verbiage is correct on all websites and clear for our guests. Although I am glad my Assistant followed up with you after your visit, we would love another chance to redeem ourselves. I would be happy if you reached out to me offline, so that we can speak more in depth and resolve these issues. I look forward to talking with you soon, and hopefully assisting you with your future travel plans.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in two hotels in Atlanta during my visit. This one had the best view of the city by far. The room was older, but clean and very comfortable. The Lobby is not the fanciest, but it is nice. The staff was courteous and attentive to my needs. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and it was very nice. My friends and I had the breakfast buffet. There were several hot breakfast items along with a good assortment of breads, yogurt and granola bars. The dining room was clean and inviting and the staff was very courteous. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Wallyworld59,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. We are constantly striving to offer wonderful customer service to all of our guest, along with our delicious culinary options and our stunning views from our guestrooms. Fortunately, we will be addressing our older decor this summer during our multi million dollar renovation. We hope you will visit with us after our renovation.I am sure that with our wonderful amenities and customer service, we will go above and beyond your expectations. We look forward to assisting you with all your traveling needs in the near future.

Dick Turner

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown? Share your experiences!