“Unexpectedly disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown

You added Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   590 West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Formerly Melia Atlanta)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #146 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Portland, United States
“Unexpectedly disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel in the past under a previous owner. I've stayed at this hotel chain's other locations before. Both were good experiences so the combination should be good, right? Ultimately no. The hotel really needs a lot of renovations in every way. The room wallpaper had issues here and there. The bathroom needed upgrades too. And the balconies are now completely closed off, even at lower levels. Disappointing for someone looking to get a little fresh air in the AM, but not unexpected. The cafe is breakfast only and is only a breakfast buffet, so that was a disappointment as well.

The service definitely could have been better. I attempted early check-in and they were not having any of it. So I had to wait around for 5 hours in the lobby while I waited for them to finally let me check into a room. I was told it had something to do with the block of hotels for the convention and fairness to others checking in at the same time. This was inexplicable since I didn't buy one under a convention rate and that policy really made no sense to me. Had I known this was the new owners' policy, I might have made new plans and caught a later flight.

Overall it wasn't a great experience for me and I wish it was since I liked the location and price. But for a little more, you can do a lot better. If the hotel improves I might recommend it. But for now, there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Room Tip: Top 2 floors are suite level. Ask for a south facing room for a city view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Michael O,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you were put through and the lack of suitable amenities you found with our property.
At the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown, we strive to keep customer satisfaction our number one priority to ensure we become a Hotel Guests Love. I will review these issues with our associates for proper follow-up as I can assure you, you should have been treated better.
I would like for you to contact me offline, because I am interested in hearing more about your visit, and would like to try to make amends to you.
I understand your hesitation in visiting with us again, but I can assure you, if given another chance, we will regain your confidence in our brand and exceed your expectations. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Happy Holidays

Bob Wilson, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Michigan Center, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband stayed here during FABTECH last month. Everything was broken - the phone didn't work, the key didn't work, the lock on the door didn't work. The service was terrible. They tried to blame the convention - Hey Crowne Plaza - Atlanta is a convention city! They gave my husband a bottle of cheap wine as an apology. If he wanted wine he would have went to a wine store. He left the bottle in the room.

Room Tip: One that has working locks and phones
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear nomadforeverandever,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. I would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of working amenities in the room and customer service. At the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown, we strive to offer exceptional customer service, and it saddens me that your service was not up to our brand standards. I have shared your feedback with my associates, and we have implemented a better plan to adequately deal with conventions.

I am more interested to hear more about your recent visit. If you could, please contact me privately, so we can reach a resolution. We would love for you and your husband to give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our brand. Once again thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Happy Holidays,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although the hotel is going to be undergoing renovations, we found the facility to be fine. (with the need for upgrades)
Our biggest issue was no hot water. Though maintenance did try to fix it we did have one night
without it and the next had to wait a long time.
Nonetheless, two outstanding employees, Justin Craig and Attila Alptekin, made sure our group
was treated well and bent over backwards to do so.

There were people that were lovely as well but these two stood out!

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor should there be a low occupancy, water pressure may not work on the upper level...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sue S,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your lovely endorsement after your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. I am so pleased that you found our associates attentive, especially Mr. Craig and Mr. Alptekin ; I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to them personally with my thanks.

These associates are great examples of our commitment to Customer at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. As we are going through renovations, we are striving to make this transition as seamless as possible to ensure that our guests our 100% satisfied. Once again thank you for noticing all of our hard work.

We hope that you have plans to come back and visit with us in the future. I can assure you that after our renovation process, you will enjoy your stay even more than your last!

Happy Holidays

Gulfport, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Great location for us, we walk a lot, so walking a mile to the aquarium was no big deal. And we were right in the middle of that and Vortex Grill which we love. BUT this was the first hotel that did not offer any type of complimentary breakfast. That was a big disappointment for me. Didn't think they had a hair dryer the first day but then found it in the back of the closet. The carpet through out the room and the bathroom wallpaper desperately needs to be updated. The walls in the bathroom were a bit nasty and moldy and peeling under the sink. The mattress was sagging in the middle but loved the pillows. It was ok, but not what I expected from Crowne Plaza.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Valkyrie Angel,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your constructive comments following your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. Please accept my apology for the areas that we’ve fallen short of your expectations. Over the next several months we will be embarking on a full renovation of the property. This renovation will address a number of the aspects that you noted in your comments and fully modernize the hotel. We are dedicated to making the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown a hotel, Guests Love!

I truly hope that you will give our property another chance. I am sure that if you visit with us again after our renovations, we will surpass your expectations. Once again, thank you so much for your comments. We value your opinion and will most certainly use them in our pursuit of making the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown an outstanding hotel.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Although this hotel is on the cusp of an upcoming major renovation, we found the location and especially the service outstanding. ALL of the staff members are incredibly friendly and cannot do enough for you. We held a conference at the Crowne Plaza and we were extremely satisfied with the facilities. We can't wait to go back after the major renovation!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Dear Scott S,

Thank you for your raving review regarding your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. I am so happy that my associates were able to make your visit memorable with their friendly and helpful customer service. At the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown, we keep customer service one of our highest priority by offering innovative training and procedures to ensure our guests are always well taken care of.

I am so glad that you want to return to our property again! We would love to serve you next time your travels bring you back to the Atlanta Midtown area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014 via mobile

The crowne plaza Atlanta-midtown is a wonderful hotel experience. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. If you need anything done, the two superstars at the front desk, Ms Chayenne Stewart and Ms Troylynn will be able to help you out. And expect a polite and cheerful greeting coming and going from the hotel's exceptional doorman Sylvester. This is my first time in Atlanta and everyone at the crowne plaza Atlanta midtown is making me feel like I am at home.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Reklawlika,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your kind endorsement of the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown. I am ecstatic that our great associates like Ms. Stewart and Ms. Toylynn were able to effectively and politely assist you during your stay, along with our doorman Sylvester. We are honored to have such great associates representing our brand. I have shared your comments with them, and they are thankful for your kind feedback.

I truly hope your recent visit will lead you back to our property if you are in the Midtown Atlanta area. We would love another opportunity to assist with all your traveling needs.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

I recently stayed at Crown Plaza for business and I must say that the customer serivce was excellent. Not only were the staff members were friendly and helpful the front desk manager
C Stewart went out of her way to knowledge me on events going on throughout the city. she even took the time out to give me directions and times of these events.

I would highly recommend this hotel to my co workers and peeps. i plan on visiting ATLANTA in a few months and will definitly stay at this hotel again. thanks to the staff and front desk manager. They made my stay a great experience.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
ATLPW H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Trevor H,

Thank you for your positive reviews of the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown after your recent visit. We are very pleased that you found our customer service to be excellent and more specifically our associate, Ms. Stewart was able to effectively help inform you of events and make your stay less stressful and comfortable. It’s is associates like Ms. Stewart that are great examples of the attentive customer service we strive to give to all our guests. I have shared your feedback with her along with the rest of our associates, and we appreciate your gratitude towards our hard work.

I hope that after your great experience you will visit with us again if you are ever in the Midtown area. We would love another opportunity to assist you should your traveling needs bring you back.

Bob Wilson, CHA

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown? Share your experiences!