“Do Not Ever Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars

A2C Budget Hotel
and 1 more site!
You added A2C Budget Hotel to your Saves list
A2C Budget Hotel
4265 Shirley Drive, South-West, Atlanta, GA 30336 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta Six Flags)   |
Ranked #174 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Tennessee
“Do Not Ever Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

Do NOT stay here - ESPECIALLY if you have kids, or are alone. We could not even bare to stay one night!! When we arrived at 5pm, the front desk did not know which rooms were cleaned and sent the security guard to check them. The room we were booked into was revolting. There were holes and marks on the walls, the mirror was broken, there were strange burn marks in the tiles and toilet seat in the bathroom (drugs no doubt), the bed and chair were covered in cigarette burns and dirty marks, the bed had been hastily made and the sheets were obviously unwashed, the a/c had a screwdriver and other filth in it, the carpet was disgusting, the lights were very dim, and the room STANK. Outside my boyfriend was offered sex and drugs and there were prostitutes around, and always a group of shifty men hanging around, and the security guard was always coming out and confronting suspicious persons - and this was just while we were unloading the car. We felt very, VERY unsafe. As we had a concert to go to we left the bags in the room (warily) and when we returned at midnight there were even more shifty people and prostitutes hanging around and when I told the lady at the front desk that I felt uncomfortable in our room she told us to check out. She did not offer any sort of apology or resolution. Just, "bring me your key". As we had booked with hotels.com we called them and told them how we had left due to the appalling conditions and scary location and their customer service was really great helping us get a refund. This hotel really needs to be closed down. I could not be payed to stay here. Really, I know its cheap, but the risks are too great - just stay away.

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dunn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

I've been to Atlanta several times, and most reasonably priced hotels are on the city's outskirts. This hotel was OK, but the neighborhood is not the greatest, judging by the number of adult video stores and such businesses on the same road. Our room was fine, just your basic budget motel room. The continental breakfast was disappointing, as it seemed to have been hastily put together with few items to choose from other than cereal and a bag of mini donuts. Also the breakfast room was so tiny, I had to carry my food to the room. But overall, not a bad motel for the price.

• Liked — reasonable rate.
  • Disliked — small continental breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Crestview, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

We were going on a family trip, which included, me, my husband, three nephews, my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and my nephew's friend. We looked on Expedia for a hotel near Six Flags, that was reasonably priced. Had very nice photos and a mile from Six Flags.
When we got there it was very late, we had trouble with our key, the front desk clerk didn't speak much (if any) English. We wanted nearby rooms, however the gentleman couldn't accomodate (didn't understand) and so we made do with what we had.
Both rooms were FILTHY. Rodents, insects, feces from rodents, pube hairs on the bed and pillows, shower was disgusting, etc. We refused to take our clothes off to sleep on the bed, we slept fully clothed and walked around in our socks (which we lated disposed of.) I made my husband take a shower first to kinda rinse the tub out before I got in.
My brother-in-law and his wife found a bag of pot in their room, razor blades, and postage stamps (believe to have been used for LSD) which the front desk clerk also did not understand. She took photos, which we submitted to the hotel with our complaints, but no response.
We also had prostitutes knocking on the door at 2 am and then again at 4 am trying to proposition my husband. When they left us alone, we heard fights break out right by our door, then looked out the window to see a drug deal take place. We had paid for two nights, but we got out the next morning.
The "Breakfast" was in a janitor's closet (seriously, it literally said that on the door) which was on the ground floor and remained open. The "Breakfast" consisted of a two liter jug of OJ, a 2 liter jug of milk, & two OPEN boxes of cereal (for the bugs to get into.)
WORST STAY EVER AND Very dissatisfied.

• Liked — THERE WAS NOTHING I CAN SAY GOOD ABOUT IT
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING...JUST NAME IT.
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BESIDES TRAVELODGE NEAR SIX FLAGS IF YOU WANT TO BE SAFE.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hollywood, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

The McArthur High School Band stayed at Travelodge on Shirley Drive in Austell, GA the night of April 22, 2006. For many of our group of 33, this was the worst experience at any hotel ever. I booked 13 rooms for one night for our High School Band Trip more than 2 weeks before our stay. Apparently, the front desk staff is unable to understand the importance of keeping a group of high school students' rooms near each other. I called this hotel several times over the two weeks before our trip to confirm everything, and even called them that day to confirm our very late arrival. This hotel is in a very poor location, near the highway, in a bad neighborhood including several nearby adult clubs. The regular clientele were very seedy and scary. I feel that the hotel staff should have disclosed information about the poor location choice for our type of group. We should have been fore-warned about the area and given the opportunity to book elsewhere.

Anyway, one member of our group arrived at the hotel about an hour ahead of our bus (approximately midnight) and proceeded to check in and get our room keys, etc. Although we had done our final booking more than a week in advance, our rooms were scattered throughout the hotel on all three floors, front and back. This is definitely unacceptable for a high school group and we did not experience this problem at any of the other three hotels where we stayed on our journey. (By the way, none of the others were Travelodge.) Our group member spent almost an hour to secure rooms closer together, at least on the same side of the hotel and on two floors instead of three. In the end, we still had one room on the back side of the hotel. There were many strange and scary people milling about the small lobby when our bus finally arrived at 1 AM. Due to the late hour, we accepted the arrangements as presented. The desk clerk was very rude, and said that he hadn’t even been sure we were coming (even though I called to the hotel directly between 9-10 PM that night). He also suggested that if we were not pleased with his arrangements, we were welcome to seek out another hotel for our group. Everyone on our bus was very tired, and it was very late; we could not begin to drive around at that time looking for a better hotel. As the adult chaperones went to check everyone in for the night, we reinforced with the students the extreme importance of locking themselves in, securing the doors with luggage and not opening the doors for anyone - even hotel staff - until the next morning when we would personally pick them up for breakfast. As we went from room to room, assorted complaints arose – small and/or large cockroaches in many of the rooms, no working phone in one of the rooms, a broken door, a broken security latch in another room, a deadbolt that stuck in yet another room, standing water in the bathtub, and almost all the rooms had dirty, unchanged sheets – some with blood or other questionable body fluids. At least two rooms had a used condom or condom wrapper under the bed. One room not only had dirty, wrinkled sheets on both beds, but a dirty tissue was found between the sheets. These rooms were so disgusting that I am embarrassed to say that I had actually researched this hotel on-line for a reasonable price and meal plan.

These rooms were definitely not worth the charged rate of $49.99 each, plus tax. We paid $740.87 for the worst night ever in any hotel. The whole experience – poor location, worse housekeeping and lack of security – left a bad feeling in everyone’s mind. We definitely will not recommend this site to anyone looking for a hotel near Six Flags. This whole experience was distasteful to everyone in our group. In fact, because of the disgusting room conditions - especially the bugs, we were afraid to take advantage of the free continental breakfast located in an open room at the bottom of the stairs, and elected to pack the bus immediately upon waking and look for an acceptable restaurant for breakfast far away from the hotel – even though there was a Waffle House on the same block. We couldn’t go too far as our group was hungry and we were headed to Six Flags over Georgia for the day.

We want to spread the word about our disappointing Travelodge stay. The other chaperones and I have vowed to spread word about the mismanagement, etc. to every website possible, including the state of Georgia and their tourism site, every travel website imaginable – AAA, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. We will also write letters to everyone and anyone who will listen. This hotel should be investigated for cleanliness, and possibly closed until all issues have been resolved. No one should have to suffer another night like this in Travelodge, Austell.

Been to A2C Budget Hotel? Share your experiences!