“Worst hotel experience ever...” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1960 N Druid Hills Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329   |
Ranked #48 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worst hotel experience ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My best friend and I planned a weekend trip to Atlanta, and even though this was the cheapest place to stay, it wasn't cheap enough to go through what we endured. Keep in mind that my best friend booked this through Orbitz, and it was still $280 for three nights for each of our rooms. Let's start from day 1, where upon arriving to the hotel right about 5pm, I walk up to my room to see that it's still being cleaned. The lady cleaning was nice, however, I don't think she actually cleaned anything in the room. Upon further inspection, I noticed that both comforters had stains on them, one of them even had what looked to be a blood stain, both sets of sheets were stained, and at least 2 of the pillow cases were stained, and I'm not talking little stains at all, there were multiple rather large stained areas. I had one good bath towel and one good hand towel out of the 6-8 towels in the room, all of the other ones were stained or had random hairs on them. The head boards on both of the beds had visible greasy handprints and smears on them. The shower created a little lake behind the toilet whenever you showered. The air conditioning unit had a dial for multiple settings, but the only ones that worked were max air and high fan, so needless to say I lived in a refrigerator for three days. I will say that none of the staff was ever rude, not that you would ever see them, but they clearly are careless about their jobs. I left a "privacy please" tag on my door the entire time because 1) I do not trust people to be in my room with all of my belongings when I am not there, and 2) clearly they do not know how to clean in the first place, so there'd be no point for them to come in just to make the bed. To add to those two points, my specific examples would be that for number 1: my best friend had a bunch of change stolen from his room that was laying on top of the dresser and they moved some of his stuff around to where he thought it was stolen, and 2: even though I had the privacy tab on the door, they came in anyway on the second to last day and nothing got cleaned, all they did was make the beds and left a new set of towels that were even dirtier than the last set. I do not get to travel often because I work retail management, so I am pretty much "on call" all year round. This was my first vacation in 5 years, and even though Atlanta was fun, this hotel was our biggest regret of the whole trip. They advertise their newly renovated rooms and free wifi, but I don't see the point when nothing is clean and no one cares about the quality of their jobs there. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, you're definitely better off spending 10-20 dollars more per night somewhere else in the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RobertAllen1960, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Atlanta (Buckhead) Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Red Roof Inn - Atlanta (Buckhead)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a 3 night vacation. Each had separate rooms and each had separate bad experiences. We chose the hotel for price and location, but had we known the poor conditions of the hotel and even worse service, we would have paid a little more and stayed somewhere else.
The website states check in is at 4pm. We arrive shortly after 5 and received our room keys. My friend went to his room and the maid was still cleaning it. The maid hurried to finish cleaning, and upon inspection, one of the 2 beds in the room had stained sheets and comforter. When he went to the front desk to tell them about it, he was told to find the maid and ask her to change the bed.
I checked into my room and upon inspection had to go back to the front desk and ask for toilet paper, a TV remote and an ice bucket.
On day 2 of our stay, after arriving back to the room, I found the bed made, but the bathroom had not been cleaned. I had also left a small amount of change on the desk, which the maid had decided to take. I also noticed that instead of replacing the towel with a fresh one, the maid had taken the towel I left on the floor in the bathroom, folded it and hung it back up on the towel rack. My friend had left his "Privacy Please" sign on the door but upon arrival back to his room, found that the maid had been in the room, made the bed, and left a stained towel as a replacement for the one he used.
Some of the rooms had beds with no box springs, just a mattress on a platform.
The hotel does not provide irons/ironing boards except in "special rooms"
I will definitely not stay here again, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MsEllaBowen, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am truly sorry for your experience at our new renovated property. We were renovated in the February 2012. We strive to ensure that our guest experience are exceeded during their stay with us. Our hotel Hassle-Free Guarantee program states that, should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the frond desk and allow us to address it. If we cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, we don't expect you to pay for that night. It's what every stay should be during our guest stay But you have to inform us of the problems during your stay. I see that you stated that our web site says 4pm check in but our hotel check in is at 3pm. You also stated that we have rooms with beds on platforms. All of out bed are Serta matresses and boxes springs.

Again My Sincere Apologies
General Manage.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Odd just reading a poor review on the customer service, because that was not my experience. Staff was a bit harried on a Friday night, but I watched: although a number of guests were rather rude, the front desk staff, including Sylvia, maintained their professionalism and courtesy. I like this place. Stay here each time I visit Atlanta. Far enough away from the crazy downtown traffic; close enough to be convenient to I-85, the best restaurants on Cheshire Bridge Road, and Peidmont Park. Want fancy? Plenty of $200.00 + a night rates at other hotels in Atlanta.

Room Tip: request a refrigerator if needed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MsEllaBowen, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Atlanta (Buckhead) Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - Atlanta (Buckhead
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very disappointing customer service from front desk staff when I called to obtain a receipt for an employee's stay that I booked and paid for on the company credit card.

My employee had an OK stay, but was not impressed by the neighborhood, the rooms or the staff.

The front desk staff person Sylvia answered the phone, but did not address me right away. She continued speaking to someone there. When she did address me and I began speaking, she immediately interrupted me to say that she had a guest right in front of her and put me on hold. I would have been perfectly content to hold if she'd picked up and immediately informed me she was helping a guest and would be right back, rather than keeping me waiting, asking how she could help, and then interrupting me to help someone else.

When she returned to the line, she did not thank me for holding and ask me how she could help, she just said "Yes?" and then proceeded to act as if my request was a significant imposition on her time. She did not take down my information correctly and so I did not receive the email as promised, so I had to call back, and she was no more courteous during the second call.

Even from a 2-star rated hotel, this was very disappointing customer service, with not even simple courtesies observed. I will not book Red Roof Inn for my employees in future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

shreveport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This isn't a fancy smancy place. It lacked a hair dryer, ample soft towels, and plush mattress, but it was a newly renovated room seemed like. Nicely decorated. Quiet. The grounds were clean and felt safe. The cleaning crew needs to step up their game a bit inside however. Had random hairs all over the shower area and bits of dog food behind the bathroom door when closed. For a pet friendly hotel though, I was impressed. Overall I would definitely stay here again because you cannot beat the quality for this price in Atlanta. Good job red roof!

• Stayed May 2013

Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the great professionalism and courteous services that was provided to me during my recent stay at this establishment. The desk clerk, Chris, was very polite and knowledgeable about his job and offered a friendly welcome to my husband and myself. Although he had to deal with a very rude and difficult customer prior to my check-in. He maintain a professional tone and seem to handle the situation without needing the assistance of the manager. I must say, I have stayed in some of the private owned red roof ( with wonderful services) and this was one of the corporate owned property that I will visit again during my travel.

Thank you guys for such wonderful training of your staff. The first impression is the lasting one and if I had this guy at any other establishment, my vacations will be much calmer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MsEllaBowen, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, May 17, 2013

Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Checked in after having surgery nearby. 8:00pm, dog in next room started barking, called front desk, no action. Called again 45 minutes later, desk person came to my room and heard dog barking. Offered to give me a different room, I had to pack up and move. Next morning when I complained, front desk told me it was a pet friendly property.
My response was, 'What about the guests??" They also added $ 1.50 fee for in room safe... no mention of that. I never used it. I emailed the General Manager upon returning home, his response was basically, We're sorry, better luck next time. Really, ...avoid this place.

Room Tip: Get a better room at another motel. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I would like to apologize for your recent experience at the Atlanta (Buckhead) Red Roof Inn. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I want you to know that I am working with the staff to improve our services and am committed to 100% Guest Satisfaction.

I would like to invite you back on us at your convenience. Feel free to give me a call at any time to give us the opportunity to meet your expectations.
I appreciate you sharing your concerns and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

GM – Robert Allen

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!