“okay hotel for a business trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
New York, NY
“okay hotel for a business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was here for two nights on a business trip. Its your standard downtown business hotel, the room was comfortable and service was good. The breakfast was good as well but nothing special. My only complaint was this hotel is absolutely HUGE and kind of hard to navigate. I got lost several times going from my room to the lobby and to breakfast. Its in walking distance of some good restaurants..try Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint for greal southern food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear you found our guest rooms to be comfortable and were impressed with our service levels. You're certainly right about our size; our property boasts 763 guest rooms as well as 90,000 square feet of meeting space! We hope our guests notice the vasts amount of directional signage placed around the hotel, but our team is always on hand should someone find themselves a little turned around. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Turkish first
Ozark, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at the Atlanta Sheraton for a conference at the hotel. The biggest plus is the great in-room coffee. Room was clean. Heard some outside noise in the room. Very nice place to get sandwiches, drinks, snacks. Bar/restaurants had fast service. Meeting facilities were very nice. I was alone on this trip and felt safe at the hotel. I would stay at this hotel again when in Atlanta. However, in-room internet was not very reliable. The meeting areas had better wifi, but the conference organizer brought their own routers.

There were several small touches that reminded me that the owners/managers/employees valued my patronage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed a comfortable and welcoming experience during your conference. We are pleased to hear you felt safe at our hotel as guest safety is always our number one priority. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Carnesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Downtown on Courtland Street on a business trip. I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel! From the moment I pulled in to the moment I left, the staff goes above and beyond with customer service. Check in was smooth; I was even upgraded to a nicer room. Every single staff member speaks every time you see them. The room was very clean and well kept. Yes, the bathrooms are slightly on the small side, but honestly, how much time do you really spend in the bathroom? The bed was wonderful, with plenty of pillows. A mini frig would have been great and I hear that they are adding them to rooms soon. I felt very safe at this hotel. This is very important to me since I travel on business alone.

My first night was disturbed by some rude people in the hallway. Apparently there was a group of people staying together and they didn't want to separate into their own rooms, so they thought it would be fine to stand in the hallway and talk very loudly. Yes, I could have called the front desk, but thought that might make matters worse. The following afternoon I mentioned the event to the front desk worker. In less than 10 minutes, she had sent a fan and a sound machine up to my room to help muffle the noisy neighbors. Very thoughtful and I was most thankful for a good night sleep. Room service was very good; although yes a little pricey. You pay extra though to have meals brought to your room. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Bar, Deli and resturants are on the third floor. There is also an ATM on the third floor. For thos...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We are honored to hear you had a "perfect" stay with us! Your recommendation is particularly appreciated as it is the highest compliment you could pay us. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon. Until then, safe travels.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The bathtub had hair in it from the last guest. The alarm clock wasn't plugged in. I had to plug it in and set it myself. I ordered room service and they brought dinner rolls with no butter. I asked for them to deliver the ice cream dessert on ice but it came with no ice and therefore melted before I finished dinner. I called down to the front desk for wireless Internet instructions and I was on hold for ten minutes before I hung up and then nobody bothered to call me back. All in all the experience was a big disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We greatly regret to hear you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We can assure you that the lack of attention to detail you experienced is not typical of our staff. As you can tell from our other reviews, most guests find our service levels to exceed their expectations. We hope you decide to give us another shot in the future to give you a true Sheraton Atlanta experience. Until then, safe travels.
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food was gret and the staff was friendly and funny. The gift shop was only a hole in the wall but ok. The local attractions were sooo fun! I highly recommend visiting the Coca Cola Museum that's only 5 minutes away. All in All, I had fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It sounds like you had a pleasant experience with us and particularly enjoyed our staff, dining options and location. We are pleased to hear you had fun and hope we are "not like any other hotel you have been to" in a positive way! We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

A typical american hotel. The rooms were clean, the noise isolation was good, the location was excellent, and the gym was adequate. However, it was somewhat expensive, at $156/night, with internet another $13/day and the breakfast buffet at $15.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It sounds like you had an overall pleasant experience and enjoyed our convenient downtown location. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Until then, safe travels.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent new years with friends at this hotel and it was soooo much fun! The hotel was more fun then the actual trip. there was a girl from London England checked us in and she was sooo awesome we felt like she was our friend honestly. there was a bellman named la-var who was so welcoming and gracous. Our room was low over seeing the pool so the smell of clorine wasnt the best feeling but the pool itself was so beautiful!

we were originally only staying for 1 night before new years eve and then switching hotels but we ended up staying for 2 ectra nights so worth it. I had a great time and so did my friends!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed a wonderful New Years Eve experience with us. It is definitely an honor that you consider our hotel to be the best part of your trip! It sounds like you developed a strong rapport with members of our team who all genuinely enjoy celebrating holidays with our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!