“Wonderful Staff, Affordable Price!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westland, Michigan
“Wonderful Staff, Affordable Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We chose the Sheraton for two reasons: 1) It was in our price range and 2) It was close to the sites we wanted to see.
Easy to find off the highway. I worked with Harold at check-in and he was fantastic. I mentioned that I was there for our 15th wedding anniversary and he immediately started to upgrade us. He truly went above and beyond by giving us free parking, free wifi, free access to the 5th floor lounge (cont. breakfast!) and sending up a treat to our room. They also upgraded us to a king bed corner room, at the end of a hallway for more privacy.
All of the lobby bellhops were extremely friendly and professional. The lobby was very clean and well kept. The concierge was great. He was friendly and helpful anytime we asked him for assistance.
The room was very nice. We were only on the 6th floor, so the view wasn't great but that was fine.
Room had everything we needed. Bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space.
The pool/hot tub area was extremely nice and well kept. We loved all the trees around it and the dome that opened over head. Pool is saltwater, so if you're from the North, get ready for that. Hot tub wasn't very hot and kind of small.

Overall, our stay was great. Only a few blocks away from everything we wanted to see (Centennial park, Georgia Aquarium, Junk Joint restaurant, Hard Rock Cafe, etc) Hotel was clean and we felt safe. We would stay here again if we had to. We may chose another place just to try something new if we went back to the city.

Room Tip: Can't hurt to ask for an end of hallway room. A bit more private. If you are traveling for your...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary stay here. As you noticed, our team genuinely enjoys celebrating special occasions with our guests. We are pleased to hear you were pleasantly surprised by your upgrades and appreciate all of your kind feedback on our amenities and location. We hope to see you again! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

the lobby was nice and updated the rooms were not.the door to the bathroom looks like a barn door and is very hard to move. at night there were prostitutes and pimps across the street. the first room we had the bathroom was dirty. they did give us a different room after we reported it, but the lady at the front desk with very rude when we checked in. Shameeka at the front desk was very nice and we asked for her if we need anything fromthere on.The bellhops and room services were courteous & excellent. the wireless internet was nonexistent, cell phone service wasn't a very good. We wont be back.

• Stayed June 2013
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and regret to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us more. Our newly renovated guest rooms and bathrooms are actually very clean and accommodating to most guests' needs. Our hotel is located in a safe and convenient location in downtown Atlanta. We wish you the very best of luck finding a hotel more suited to your needs. Safe travels.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here at this particular Sheraton and I must say I am very pleased with the leek of service that I reviewed from this place! I actually didn't have a reservation upon arriving but after driving around for almost 2hrs trying to find a hotel last minute and for a reasonable price I stumbled upon this Sheraton located downtown Atlanta! When I arrived I had already been told by the customer service rep that they had a room to accommodate me on such short notice! When I arrived it was approximately 2:30AM and the rate was going to be $99 even though the next day didn't start until several hours later the front desk guy worked it out for me to where I could check in ASAP and only charge me for half the night and half the parking fee! I wasn't expecting that at all I wish I could've got his name he was a life savor! 5 star review from me as I was very appreciative of the efforts made to accommodate me! Keep up the great work Sheraton Atlanta! I will have to use my Starwood Memebership a lot more! This was amazing!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy we were able to accommodate your last minute stay. As such an experienced traveler, your approval and positive feedback is especially appreciated! We do hope you continue to make use of your Starwood membership and we that have the opportunity to host you again in near future. Until then, safe travels!
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I made a quick trip to Atlanta, Georgia. This is the best hotel in Atlanta by far. From the Vallet Parking to the bell men to the people at the front desk. As soon as my girlfriend and i walked in i felt like i was home. The rooms are clean nice and very spacious. Hands down Best hotel in the heart of Atlanta. Thank you Ms. Bailey (office Manager) at this hotel. Best staff, rooms, pools, and not to mention the state of the art bar. GREAT PLACE

Room Tip: South Tower is the more private side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your many accolades on our hotel and are honored to be considered the best hotel in Atlanta! We will be sure to thank our Front Office team for taking such good care of you, especially Ms. Bailey. Safe travels!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Our Sheraton stay came by way of a groupon purchase which included self-parking and wireless internet.

Check-in was quick and painless. Staff was friendly and helpful.

We had a queen room in the south tower. It was a bit on the small side, but adequate. The hotel is within walking distance to Peachtree Center, and other hotels.

Self parking consists of outdoor parking which sounds one side of the property and covered parking which is across the street. The covered parking does not have direct access to the rooms. You'll take an elevator, and walk under Courtland street to the hotel entrance.

Drop your bags off at check-in before you park.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Coming all the way from Maryland, we are pleased that you found our hotel to be in a convenient location for your visits to downtown Atlanta's attractions! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in future. Safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I loved every minute at this hotel. I just wished my view wasn't the car park. But I was there for business anyways so it didn't really matter.

Also I suggest the ATM be transferred to the lobby. Accessing it on the third floor not too convenient.

Room Tip: If you are on the ground floor ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! It is an honor for you to consider our property to be beautiful and convenient. We hope to see you again soon and we will be sure to place you in one of our many guest rooms with stunning views of downtown Atlanta. Safe travels!
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel and I cannot say enough about what a wonderful experience we had. We have stayed at many hotels and I can honestly say, the service from everyone we met here was outstanding!! Every time you entered or exited the hotel you were always greeted and asked how you were doing. Upon check in, one of the managers came over and took the time to personally welcome us to the hotel and let us know if there was anything we needed, to let them know. Our room was beautiful and was in the south tower with a great view. The beds were super comfy and the location to everything we wanted to do was great. Within walking distance to CNN and Marta station. More importantly to me, was the customer service we received at this hotel. We honestly felt like they cared very much that we were staying with them. They truly wanted us to be comfortable and to see that all our needs were met. A special thank you to Brady Stribling, Front Desk Supervisor for his superior customer service. We had many questions prior to our trip and he graciously answered each and every one. He made sure that we were well looked after. This hotel is beautiful, elegant has a great location and customer service second to none. Thank you to everyone who made our stay very enjoyable. We will definitely return to the Sheraton Atlanta!!!!
Barry & Debbie Valentine
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled to hear your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. It sounds like you were particularly impressed with our service and location. Brady is a wonderful asset to our guests and we will be sure to congratulate him on a job well done. We look forward to your next visit! Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!