“Oldie but goodie” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Oldie but goodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed at the Sherton Atlanta during a conference, the property which is a few blocks from the MARTA Peachtree Center Station gives you a cheaper option when travelling from the airport. Rooms were adequate and well maintained. Lots of shopping and dining options are within easy walking distance. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Facility is getting a bit long in the tooth but the swimming pool area, great fitness and conference facilities make this a great place for business meetings and conferences. Fandangles the on-site restaurant and bar over look the pool area and are a great dining option.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room on high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your review! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be accommodating to your business travel needs. As a frequent traveler, we greatly appreciate your kind words on our location, amenities, meeting space and restaurant. Our property's history dates back a few decades and we think our age gives us character and wisdom! We hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels!

1,451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Every single employee at the Sheraton Atlanta was very friendly and professional. Lovely, lovely people. My only complaint, and it's a fairly big one, is that my room had clearly been haphazardly cleaned. There were crumbs on the floor (ick!) and the previous guest had used the provided lotion, which hadn't been changed out. There were some other obvious signs of a less-than-thorough cleaning. I was here for a convention, and they were quite booked, so I think they just changed the sheets and towels and wiped off the counters. I didn't complain, but I was dissapointed as, even at the convention rate, this place is not cheap. The location is fabulous (right off the interstate), and the parking is simple and not that expenisve for Atlanta. I would still recommend this place, but there were some drawbacks.

Room Tip: This hotel is huge, and there are newer and older sections. I stayed on an upper floor and had a fi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and we appreciate your recommendation, as it is the highest form of flattery our guests can pay us! We are surprised by your comments on our guest room as most travelers find our housekeeping staff to be top-notch and very attentive to details. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope this isolated incident will not inhibit you from staying with us again in the future. Safe travels!
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was a great site for our conference!! everything was right there together and easy to get to! The hotel was a bit loud in the evenings and having the parking deck across from our room was loud as well, but overall great stay. The convenience definitely helped make it enjoyable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us over your conference and found our hotel to be convenient to your needs. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stay here whenever there is a convention in town, for vampire diaries or dragon con. staff is friendly and eager to help fix any problems you have. very clean and room service is awesome

I will say to check your bill though cause everytime I stay they double charge me for internet...they do fix it everytime but if I didnt look at the bill I would have upset.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are in the perfect location...no need to use the elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. Being a frequent convention guest, you know how much our whole team looks forward to these fun and exciting weekends! It sounds like you have enjoyed each experience you have shared with us and we look forward to many more in the future. Until then, safe travels!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here overnight when flight out of ATL was cancelled. Although nothing is technically wrong with this hotel, it was drab and worn and depressing. The color scheme is that unfortunate palate of Hershey-brown doors, dirty-dog brown carpets and bedspreads, old-computer-terminal-beige phone and smokers-teeth-yellow walls and curtains. The radio is the kind you buy in a plastic package for $3.99, yet the cord was wired into the nightstand to keep you from stealing it and was so short I couldn't turn the radio sideways to see it when lying in bed. The toilet is the perfect height if you're 5'2" or under, and the tub has those bumps on the bottom that are designed to keep you from slipping in the shower, but will chew up your behind if you try to take a bath.

On the positive side, the staff was nice (although they missed my wakeup call); the rooms have flat screen TVs and the in-room coffee is Starbucks. And of course the Sheraton beds are always wonderful.

I could see staying here if required for a convention. But it is a throwback to the past, and not in a good way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We certainly appreciate the thought you put into your feedback and creative analogies, although we can't say we agree with your interpretation of our Sheraton brand color palate. Our hotel has a history dating back several decades but has undergone many renovations since then, most recently in 2009 (a far cry from the 1980s!). It sounds like despite our aesthetics, you were impressed by our service levels and several of our guest room amenities, which we are very pleased to hear! We hope these aspects of your stay are enough to bring you back again. Until then, safe travels!
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good choice for a dowtown business trip. Staff was friendly and bed was comfortable. Convention space was clean and not too far from the rooms (a problem with many of the mega-conventoin hotels).
Queen bed room seemed a bit small, but upgrade design with sliding doors helped to provide a bit more useful space in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stay above 4th floor to avoid too much traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. With 32 TripAdvisor reviews, you are obviously very well traveled so your approval is especially appreciated. We are pleased you found our hotel to be accommodating to your business travel needs and hope to see you again soon! Until then, safe travels!
Slater, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't know what keeps the staff so friendly and motivated but a school should study this and release a paper. Keep in mind the staff deals with sometimes tired and rather grumpy travelers. Of course there are happy travelers excited and delighted to be on their adventure. So perhaps it balances out. I'd like to think I'm in the latter group - I guess we all do. Bottom line: Tip the smiling and energetic staff well.

My bed was oh so comfortable. Everything was clean and well laid out in the room. Room had a nice view of the buildings and streets below. Housekeeping does a great job so ensure to tip them well.

Room service was a tad slow but good food takes time. The wait is so worth it (also I think I ordered during a busy time). And yeah its kinda pricey but completely worth it. The salmon is delicious and came with extras not listed on the menu which is a nice surprise. If you order dessert just get one item. Portion size is obnoxiously large and can easily be split among four people.

Breakfast buffet was nice. Somewhat small selection but everything you would probably want. Does a large selection really matter anyway? You're only going to eat five or so items. Breakfast staff is over-the-top friendly. I let them know I was tight on time and they ensured to get me in and out quickly.

My only disappointment was with my next door neighbor; Not the hotel, my neighbor. They continuously smoked and it seemed to be seeping through the room connection doors as that is where the odor was strongest. This was a non-smoking area of the hotel which I specifically booked and confirmed at check in. The front desk person even joked about my reservation comment request for a "VERY non-smoking room".

At some point I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. I'm not sure what if anything happened. I'll bet hotels hate dealing with this sort of thing. I saw on two occasions my neighbor standing in their room doorway with door open smoking. So the hallway was also now getting stunk up. Greeaaat. It is disappointing to book a non-smoking room and still have to smell that unpleasant odor.

Room Tip: I heard a bit of street noise on the eighth floor but it quieted down by bedtime. If you're a li...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay overall and were particularly impressed with our staff, food and beverage options and guest rooms! We will be sure to share your many compliments with our team. We are surprised and very much regret to hear the smoking issue you encountered with your neighbor. Please note that our property implements a strict 100% smoke-free policy. We hope this disturbance by another guest will not prohibit you from staying with us in the future. Safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!