“great conference site” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Akron, Ohio
“great conference site”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was a great site for our conference!! everything was right there together and easy to get to! The hotel was a bit loud in the evenings and having the parking deck across from our room was loud as well, but overall great stay. The convenience definitely helped make it enjoyable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us over your conference and found our hotel to be convenient to your needs. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

1,427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stay here whenever there is a convention in town, for vampire diaries or dragon con. staff is friendly and eager to help fix any problems you have. very clean and room service is awesome

I will say to check your bill though cause everytime I stay they double charge me for internet...they do fix it everytime but if I didnt look at the bill I would have upset.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are in the perfect location...no need to use the elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. Being a frequent convention guest, you know how much our whole team looks forward to these fun and exciting weekends! It sounds like you have enjoyed each experience you have shared with us and we look forward to many more in the future. Until then, safe travels!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here overnight when flight out of ATL was cancelled. Although nothing is technically wrong with this hotel, it was drab and worn and depressing. The color scheme is that unfortunate palate of Hershey-brown doors, dirty-dog brown carpets and bedspreads, old-computer-terminal-beige phone and smokers-teeth-yellow walls and curtains. The radio is the kind you buy in a plastic package for $3.99, yet the cord was wired into the nightstand to keep you from stealing it and was so short I couldn't turn the radio sideways to see it when lying in bed. The toilet is the perfect height if you're 5'2" or under, and the tub has those bumps on the bottom that are designed to keep you from slipping in the shower, but will chew up your behind if you try to take a bath.

On the positive side, the staff was nice (although they missed my wakeup call); the rooms have flat screen TVs and the in-room coffee is Starbucks. And of course the Sheraton beds are always wonderful.

I could see staying here if required for a convention. But it is a throwback to the past, and not in a good way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We certainly appreciate the thought you put into your feedback and creative analogies, although we can't say we agree with your interpretation of our Sheraton brand color palate. Our hotel has a history dating back several decades but has undergone many renovations since then, most recently in 2009 (a far cry from the 1980s!). It sounds like despite our aesthetics, you were impressed by our service levels and several of our guest room amenities, which we are very pleased to hear! We hope these aspects of your stay are enough to bring you back again. Until then, safe travels!
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good choice for a dowtown business trip. Staff was friendly and bed was comfortable. Convention space was clean and not too far from the rooms (a problem with many of the mega-conventoin hotels).
Queen bed room seemed a bit small, but upgrade design with sliding doors helped to provide a bit more useful space in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stay above 4th floor to avoid too much traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. With 32 TripAdvisor reviews, you are obviously very well traveled so your approval is especially appreciated. We are pleased you found our hotel to be accommodating to your business travel needs and hope to see you again soon! Until then, safe travels!
Slater, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't know what keeps the staff so friendly and motivated but a school should study this and release a paper. Keep in mind the staff deals with sometimes tired and rather grumpy travelers. Of course there are happy travelers excited and delighted to be on their adventure. So perhaps it balances out. I'd like to think I'm in the latter group - I guess we all do. Bottom line: Tip the smiling and energetic staff well.

My bed was oh so comfortable. Everything was clean and well laid out in the room. Room had a nice view of the buildings and streets below. Housekeeping does a great job so ensure to tip them well.

Room service was a tad slow but good food takes time. The wait is so worth it (also I think I ordered during a busy time). And yeah its kinda pricey but completely worth it. The salmon is delicious and came with extras not listed on the menu which is a nice surprise. If you order dessert just get one item. Portion size is obnoxiously large and can easily be split among four people.

Breakfast buffet was nice. Somewhat small selection but everything you would probably want. Does a large selection really matter anyway? You're only going to eat five or so items. Breakfast staff is over-the-top friendly. I let them know I was tight on time and they ensured to get me in and out quickly.

My only disappointment was with my next door neighbor; Not the hotel, my neighbor. They continuously smoked and it seemed to be seeping through the room connection doors as that is where the odor was strongest. This was a non-smoking area of the hotel which I specifically booked and confirmed at check in. The front desk person even joked about my reservation comment request for a "VERY non-smoking room".

At some point I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. I'm not sure what if anything happened. I'll bet hotels hate dealing with this sort of thing. I saw on two occasions my neighbor standing in their room doorway with door open smoking. So the hallway was also now getting stunk up. Greeaaat. It is disappointing to book a non-smoking room and still have to smell that unpleasant odor.

Room Tip: I heard a bit of street noise on the eighth floor but it quieted down by bedtime. If you're a li...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay overall and were particularly impressed with our staff, food and beverage options and guest rooms! We will be sure to share your many compliments with our team. We are surprised and very much regret to hear the smoking issue you encountered with your neighbor. Please note that our property implements a strict 100% smoke-free policy. We hope this disturbance by another guest will not prohibit you from staying with us in the future. Safe travels!
knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed here overnight to see a basketball game at the Phillips Arena. I have never experienced such a friendly, couteous, and helpful staff from top to bottom as I did here. Just wonderful. From the moment we arrived the valet was prompt and so polite in helping with our bags and did a wonderful job of helping us with them to our room. We checked in quickly and a had a request that the front desk took care of with ease and such a friendly attitude. They took care of getting us a taxi for the game at a moments notice and was so quick and efficient in doing it. During our stay the lounge bartender Chainar, his waitresses, and everyone we encountered throughout the hotel even in just the elevator was the most friendly and polite staff I've ever had the pleasure of being in the company of. The Westin WAS our favorite spot. No longer. The Sheraton was excellent in everything from the wonderful bedding to the lush tropical indoor pool setting to the A-1 staff. Highly recommend and my fiance says we won't stay anywhere else when we visit Atlanta and I agree.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We could not be more pleased to read about your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you and your fiance enjoyed a nearly perfect stay. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff who helped make your visit so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during spring break, it was our first time ever coming to ATLANTA GA and i must say this was the best hotel i have seen so far.. The people make you feel very welcome, everyone had a great attitude and very helpful whenever i needed assistance. A lot of things that we wanted to do was within walking distance. we met alot of people at this hotel they are always having events there, not to mention all of the celebs that come stay there also. we didnt eat the food because we was always on the go and trying to see new things, but im pretty sure is would have been great! Our overall experience was GREAT... I have NO complains about this hotel!...and strongly recomend it!

Room Tip: i stayed on the 7th floor and you never heard anything,plus the view was beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback and recommendation. It is an honor to be considered the best hotel you have visited. It sounds like you particularly enjoyed our staff and convenient downtown location. We hope to see you again in the near future! Until then, safe travels.

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!