“Nice place in the middle of dowbtowb” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #18 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice place in the middle of dowbtowb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here on business and the company picked up the tab so I can't say anything about the value/cost. The room was clean and well kept. Unlike other hotels I've stayed in, this one actually provided HD channels on a HD set. My only complaint is the height of the ceiling in the shower and bath areas. I'm 6'+ and the ceiling was a little over 7'. Make me feel like a giant!

• Stayed February 2013
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your business trip with us and we are glad you were impressed by the HD television in your guest room! We hope to see you again the next time you visit Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!

1,533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My experience was very pleasant, EXCEPT, trying to understand why this hotel would have such a small and very old school type bathroom. Tub/shower, thats 70's stuff. I will say that the staff there in Atlanta gets it. I had a cell phone charger that didn't work, and the conceirge spent 2 days trying to find and getting me a 10 dollar item. Great job! This hotel is great for families and is at a great location in the city of Atlanta. Work out place was top notch, food also above average. Thought there conceirge room was nice, still a grade below the marriott properties. Overall, this property serves the masses well.

Room Tip: request the corner room, and ask for access into the conceirge level room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the services levels of our staff, our fitness center, and food and beverage options. We are sorry to hear you did not find our guest room bathrooms to be more accommodating. Most guests find them to be spacious with the sliding door. We hope to see you again! Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We're local to Atlanta, but needed a place to stay while our home was undergoing some repairs. We rolled the dice, pricelined a hotel, and ended up at the Sheraton. We couldn't have been happier with our experience. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice, and the service was excellent.

Right from the get-go, we were impressed. A friendly valet helped us with our belongings out of our car. When we went to check-in, the staff treated us like we were a platinum or gold member. Although I am a Gold Hilton Honors member, and I get great service at that chain for being at that level, I have pricelined other hotels before and my general experience has been that when you priceline a hotel, the hotel check-in staff treats you like you're a beggar. Not the case here. The check-in staff was super-friendly, saw when they saw we were with a small child, they upgraded us for free to a bigger room. As I said, they acted as if we were a platinum or gold member of Starwoods.

As for the rest of the stay, everything was more than adequate. A nice and friendly bell-hop helped us to our room, and unloaded our bags for us. We ate at the hotel's restaurant and had a good meal with friendly service. Finally, when we checked out the following day, the valet was friendly and helped us load our bags in our car with a smile. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We will be sure to recommend this hotel to our friends and family when they visit Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are pleased to hear you felt welcomed and at home during your stay with us while your own house underwent repairs. It sounds like our staff in particular left a lasting impression on you. We sincerely appreciation your recommendation to your family and friends and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future! Until then, safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Great room, good food and great service. It is truly a full service hotel with the emphasis on service. Paul Bolhuis, the front desk manager, went out of his way to be available, nhu helpful and considerate. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for your review! It sounds like you had a wonderful experience staying with us. We will be sure to thank Paul for his service and we look forward to your next stay! Until then, safe travels.
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My work took me to Atlanta and stayed here for a week as this was close to my conference centre. The hotel does not have a classy look about it, but the room was decent with a clean bed and the best part was complimentary Internet. I got a room on the top floor and had a decent view. The room service did a great job but I never received the morning newspaper. The staff was friendly and courteous.

I tried the breakfast in their restaurant but found the waiters not very friendly. The buffet spread was also nothing great. Improvement required there for sure...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the 12th Floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be well suited for your short business trip. It sounds like you particularly enjoyed our guest rooms and staff. We are surprised that your experience in our breakfast restaurant was not more enjoyable. Most guests find our wait staff to be very welcoming and attentive and our buffet offerings to be plentiful. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Walland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton / Atlanta for a couple of nights with my partner and my dog Izzie! I worked for a university for 25 years and traveled extensively. This staff at the Sheraton is by far the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered. From the bellman, deskclerk, restaurant staff, even a mechanical worker who helped us find the right elevator......everyone made our stay better. My pet, Izzie was also treated with the same kindness by this fantastic staff.

Thank you to all for making our stay so special...we will return to this hote and tell our friends!! Keep up the great work!!

Kathy B

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind and wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. Coming from such an experienced traveler, your praise is especially appreciated. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to hosting you, your friends and Izzie again in the future! Until then, safe travels.
Big Spring, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Besides the wonderful atmosphere, the staff was tremendous and ever so helpful. I was scrambling the whole time I was here and managed to lose my room key twice. Kenny, on the security team, was professional and most helpful with getting my identification verified and allowing me into my room quickly. The speed of service allowed me to attend to my residency conference uninterrupted. I was very thankful for the speed and attention served to my needs.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel does not have a very nice view. Check to make sure you get one of the three s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It sounds like with the help of our staff you were able to enjoy your conference as well as your stay with us! We will be sure to thank Kenny for making this possible. We hope to see you again in the future. Until then, safe travels!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!