“Decent hotel for business travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Decent hotel for business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I travel week in and week out to this location. First, I'm a platinum member and i'm always treated quickly and efficiently at the front desk. Many times i'm offered an upgrade which i greatly appreciate. The hotel is in pretty good shape. I have not used the fitness center so i can't comment. The club lounge is pretty average and I rarely use it at all. The breakfast in the hotel restaraunt is pretty good, the waiter/watress are all friendly and helpful. All in all a great place and I hope to continue to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Suites are nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and for your continued patronage of our hotel! Our repeat guests are especially important to us as we consider you part of our Sheraton family. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and your plans to stay with us in the future. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I've never before experienced noise like this at a hotel. I don't even understand how they allow a convention to use their speakers to this level. I was on the concierge level 2 floors up from the ballroom and the walls of my room were shaking more than a dance club.... And it started at 7:30am on Saturday!!
How? Why? Who was the sales manager that thought this would be a good idea for the rest of the hotel guests?

• Stayed February 2013
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here a few days for a conference. The room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is convenient to the downtown area and you can walk to shops and great restaurants. The hotel though clean, does have a bit of an old feel, and seems like it is in need of a refresh. The best aspect of this hotel was the service, from the front desk, to the concierge, to the bell hops (special thanks to Aaron and Zahari who were exceptional). The staff really goes out of their way to ensure your stay is perfect. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you had an overall wonderful experience. We appreciate you comments on our staff and will be sure to thank Aaron and Zahari for their assistance. We look forward to your next stay! Until then, safe travels.
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel and staff were wonderful and helpful. I always felt at ease and at home. It was one of the best hotels that I've stayed at. The name of the first bellman escapes me but Khalid Ikar was very helpful in assisting our departure. The restaurant was excellent and though we didn't use the pool it looked relaxing and clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us, especially since you consider our hotel to be one of the best you have ever stayed in! We will be sure to thank Khalid for his assistance during your departure. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton this past year for DragonCon, Labor Day weekend. I admit I only stayed there because I was able to find it cheap on Hotwire. I had stayed in every other host hotel for DragonCon (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Westin) but never the Sheraton. I admitted this to the staff upon check-in (that it had been my last resort and the cheapest) and they were incredibly friendly about it. They said 'We bet you'll choose us next time!" and were cheerful and upbeat.

The rooms are fine, especially compared to the other downtown hotels. The Hilton does have bigger rooms, but this size is pretty similar to the Hyatt Regency. The linens are fine, the beds comfy, the bathrooms nicely sized.

What I liked best was the staff. No other hotel had staff that dressed up. The Penguin as your concierge is ten times better than a regular concierge. Yes, I do want to be checked in by Catwoman, thank you. They were also extremely friendly, and happy to help.

My kids loved the indoor pool. The handicapped rooms are spectacular! They were huge and with sofas. I have never, in all downtown Atlanta hotels, ever seen such a nice handicapped accessible room. It was beautiful and spacious.

I didn't really like that it was a longer walk to events than other hotels, but at least it was nice and quiet at night.

So where am I staying 2013 at Dragon*Con? The staff was right. I chose them on purpose this time. I even booked a club-level room, so I can check out all the amenities even better than before. I've heard good things about the club-level lounge, and am looking forward to checking it out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. It is obvious that we left a lasting, positive impression on you for you to be able to recall all of the details so clearly from last year's Dragon Con! We are so glad that our staff was right in predicting you will be staying with us again over this year's Con. Thank you for your kind feedback on our guest rooms and poolside Garden Courtyard as well. We hope you have an even better experience this year and are positive you will enjoy your Club Level upgrade! Until then, safe travels.
Vidalia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I attended the day of the dead event in February and had excellent service of the hotel staff and our bellman Corey was very helpful. Whenn we arrived he transport our luggage to our room and unload the luggage and told us about the resturant in the hotel and when we check he came to our to get the luggage and loaded allthe luggage and the wheelchair into our truck for us. Our overall experience at Shearton Atlanta Hotel downtown was excellent. I would give this a five star rating.

Room Tip: Make sure that you call the hotel if have any special needs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so thrilled that you gave us a 5-star rating based on your experience over Days of the Dead. Fan conventions are among our favorite groups to host so it is especially important to us that you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to congratulate Corey on a job well done. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I just got back from my first convention. When I first arrived I was very impressed with how beautiful it looked and how friendly many of the staff were.

However, there was apparently quite a bit of confusion between management and the folks who run the convention, because every single solitary guest of this con that I spoke with spoke very, very poorly of their experiences in dealing with the MANAGEMENT of the hotel. The convention guests were treated in a disrespectful manner by management throughout our stay, severely curbed activities such as VIP events which every single other hotel has been courteous and hospitable towards, hushed casual activities like Catholic nuns running a library, and even brought unnecessary and inappropriate threats against persons who were well behaved and trying to just enjoy themselves the way they have ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO at EVERY OTHER HOTEL in the history if this convention.

I think it's a shame, and hope that this wasn't some sort of discrimination against us because we're horror folks. Even though a lot of us seem scary, it doesn't mean we can't behave, and to be treated like children playing with knives was a slap in the face. You will be losing out on repeat business and word will be spread that this place was a terrible experience because of MANAGEMENT.

Thanks, however, to the staff who were decent and helpful. This review is NOT a reflection on housekeeping or any of the essential services staff or even security who were only doing their jobs it is specifically directed to MANAGEMENT in particular that little bald-headed man with the glasses, awful fellow indeed.

Room Tip: Don't get balconies in spite of how pretty they are if you have any sensitivities to chemicals...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!