“adequate” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was fine. Standard american hotel. I had a nice view of the Georgia Department of Labor. It would have been good if some of the people who are in the lobby effusively greeting you and asking how your day was going could have been put to work cleaning the mildew off the inside of the windows in the rooms.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

1,459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Tri Cities, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here recently for work and I can't say enough about the professional and courteous staff. Andre, Corey, Jim, and many others are to be highly commended. Everyone I interacted with-- the bellman, valet, front desk, hotel restaurant and bar staff, were ALL great. Whoever the manager of this hotel is really knows what he or she is doing. They have a nice workout room, too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be so helpful and accommodating during your stay. Andre, Corey and Jim are true assets to our team and we are very thankful to have them. We will be sure to share your words of congratulations with them as well as our General Manager. Safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

After coming back from the gym and feeling hungry I called room service for breakfast and Schronda Williams answered the phone. As she read back my order to make sure that she had it correct I realized a few things. (1) The Sheraton must train their employees down to the finest little detail—including exactly what words to say when taking a customer’s room service order. (2) Schronda had practiced these words over and over, but there was something more—she genuinely wanted to do it well—she wasn’t just doing it because her employer insisted that it was done that way. She wanted to do a good job—the best job she could possibly do—to help her customers. I could tell all of that just from listening to the way she took my order over the phone. Now, I could have simply hung up the phone, but I didn’t. Just as she was wrapping up, I said, “Good job!” And I heard the satisfaction in her voice as she said, “Thank you.” But I didn’t stop there. I sat down at the desk in my hotel room and wrote a short note. It began, “Hi Sharone (I misspelled her name) in In-room dining. Thank you for taking my breakfast order this morning with such a wonderful attitude. I can tell that you love what you do. The Sheraton is lucky to have you. Yours truly, Julianna Gibson-Dawson (She called me Mrs. Gibson on the phone, so I wanted to make sure that she made the connection between our phone conversation when she received my note.) I took the note into the bathroom with me because that’s where my iPhone was playing India Arie’s, “There’s Hope”–one of my favorite songs. I placed the note on the counter and snapped a photo of the note, walked out to my purse to get a tip and put them together next to my purse to carry to the manager at the front desk for when I would leave the hotel later.

As I was getting ready the bell rang. It was my breakfast. And, guess what, my eye flashed across her name badge and I realized that it was her, so I told her about the note I wrote for her as I invited her in. She told me that she keeps all the notes that she gets from customers. I was impressed. She thanked me and I felt satisfied that I had made a difference in this woman’s life this morning. Then I told her that I would write about her and post it on my blog http://wp.me/p2Q9F3-2E

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We love hearing stories like this from our guests! It sounds like Schronda really made a positive impression on you and your overall visit. She is a true star on our Food and Beverage team and we will be sure to congratulate her on a job well done with you. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nice hotel located in downtown Atlanta. The parking is weird because you have to take a path to the hotel through the same way cars are entering the parking garage. The is a slight hill coming from the parking garage to the hotel if you have a lot of luggage I would strongly recommend valet. The rooms are nice but the bathrooms are small. The staff are very pleasant and accommodating. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you recommend our hotel as a good place to stay in downtown Atlanta. We hope to have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future. Until then, safe travels!
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The parking garage is awkward with an unsafe walk to and from the hotel because you have to walk along the same path where cars are driving with limited sight of pedestrians. The lobby, and rooms are nice with small bathrooms but overall very pleasant. Room service food was delicious and the staff at Fandangles (especially Hannah) treated us extremely kind and went above and beyond to meet our requests. We had two rooms for the weekend and the only major problem we had was that the sun heated up our rooms and the AC did not cool our rooms at all. It was extremely hot and uncomfortable in both rooms. Maintenance was sent to our rooms and our air filters were replaced but they told us that was all that could be done. The rooms were still very hot even with the curtains closed and they would not cool off until the sun set each day. Other than that we enjoyed the hotel and service.

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite where the sun sets.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had an enjoyable experience overall and we are pleased to hear it! Thank you for your kind feedback on our dining options, we will be sure to thank Hannah in Fandangles for taking such good care of you and going above and beyond to meet your requests. Upon your next visit, we invite you to take advantage of our other parking options, valet or uncovered parking which is closer to the hotel. Until then, safe travels!
Crest Hill, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Let me start by saying I normally HATE to stay at hotels. I'm a hotelaphobe - wondering what germs lurk around each corner. I have to tell you - it was not like that here at all. Everything was so very clean and fresh - towels, bedding, etc. The bathroom was immaculate. I had no trouble being VERY comfortable here - with no worries. Best hotel ever on the cleanliness part!

I also needed a cab that took a credit card for a short trip - not easy to find, I discovered. The nice gentlemen outside made sure they found someone for me and I am deeply indebted as I had no cash.

All in all a WONDERFUL experience, and has caused me to book at a sister hotel in NC later this month.

Appreciate the wonderful service! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear you felt comfortable and well taken care of during your stay with us. We understand the importance of maintaining a clean property and your approval speaks volumes! Come back and see us soon. Safe travels!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was really blown away by my visit to this Sheraton property - the renovation looks great! Its certainly nicer than many Sheratons. I've stayed in four SPG properties in the Atlanta area and this visit was by far my best - and I would say the best service of any hotel experience this year. Authentically friendly people trying to help, asking to help, making life a bit easier.

The Club Floor was great, the Club Lounge stocked with goodies - healthy goodies 24/7, breakfast in the morning/ snacks at night, and computers/ printers. Lots of space too. The gym was good - new machines.

The hotel is located just two blocks from the Peachtree Center Marta stop - about 20 minutes or so from the airport - very easy to get to. Atlanta's traffic can be awful so the Marta is a smart choice.

Room Tip: SPG members are treated well - the Club Floor is great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! It sounds like our staff made a very positive impression on you. We aim to ease the burden of traveling on our guests and it sounds like this was exactly your experience! We also appreciate your kind feedback on our Club Lounge, fitness center and location. You're right, Atlanta traffic can be a bit much so our convenient location to MARTA is of great use to our guests. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!