“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The parking garage is awkward with an unsafe walk to and from the hotel because you have to walk along the same path where cars are driving with limited sight of pedestrians. The lobby, and rooms are nice with small bathrooms but overall very pleasant. Room service food was delicious and the staff at Fandangles (especially Hannah) treated us extremely kind and went above and beyond to meet our requests. We had two rooms for the weekend and the only major problem we had was that the sun heated up our rooms and the AC did not cool our rooms at all. It was extremely hot and uncomfortable in both rooms. Maintenance was sent to our rooms and our air filters were replaced but they told us that was all that could be done. The rooms were still very hot even with the curtains closed and they would not cool off until the sun set each day. Other than that we enjoyed the hotel and service.

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite where the sun sets.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had an enjoyable experience overall and we are pleased to hear it! Thank you for your kind feedback on our dining options, we will be sure to thank Hannah in Fandangles for taking such good care of you and going above and beyond to meet your requests. Upon your next visit, we invite you to take advantage of our other parking options, valet or uncovered parking which is closer to the hotel. Until then, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Turkish first
Crest Hill, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Let me start by saying I normally HATE to stay at hotels. I'm a hotelaphobe - wondering what germs lurk around each corner. I have to tell you - it was not like that here at all. Everything was so very clean and fresh - towels, bedding, etc. The bathroom was immaculate. I had no trouble being VERY comfortable here - with no worries. Best hotel ever on the cleanliness part!

I also needed a cab that took a credit card for a short trip - not easy to find, I discovered. The nice gentlemen outside made sure they found someone for me and I am deeply indebted as I had no cash.

All in all a WONDERFUL experience, and has caused me to book at a sister hotel in NC later this month.

Appreciate the wonderful service! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear you felt comfortable and well taken care of during your stay with us. We understand the importance of maintaining a clean property and your approval speaks volumes! Come back and see us soon. Safe travels!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was really blown away by my visit to this Sheraton property - the renovation looks great! Its certainly nicer than many Sheratons. I've stayed in four SPG properties in the Atlanta area and this visit was by far my best - and I would say the best service of any hotel experience this year. Authentically friendly people trying to help, asking to help, making life a bit easier.

The Club Floor was great, the Club Lounge stocked with goodies - healthy goodies 24/7, breakfast in the morning/ snacks at night, and computers/ printers. Lots of space too. The gym was good - new machines.

The hotel is located just two blocks from the Peachtree Center Marta stop - about 20 minutes or so from the airport - very easy to get to. Atlanta's traffic can be awful so the Marta is a smart choice.

Room Tip: SPG members are treated well - the Club Floor is great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! It sounds like our staff made a very positive impression on you. We aim to ease the burden of traveling on our guests and it sounds like this was exactly your experience! We also appreciate your kind feedback on our Club Lounge, fitness center and location. You're right, Atlanta traffic can be a bit much so our convenient location to MARTA is of great use to our guests. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We would come again. Especially if the service stays as good as it is. As mentioned above the service was what made the difference. Though some amenities were not as promised at booking the staff went out if their way to make up for it and care for our needs and those of our children. Corey and Andre in reception were exceptionally helpful and thoughtful.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you had such positive experiences with our staff. As I am sure you noticed from our other reviews, our staff and service levels are what sets us apart for most of our guests. We will be sure to thank Corey and Andre on your behalf. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again. Until then, safe travels!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was the best!!! The staff was great from the moment I pulled up to the vallet. This was our first real stay in the city of Atlanta.The staff was always pleasant. Names I would never forget in relation to my stay would be the two working in concierge Andre and Jim. They were Great!!!!! These two took care of me and my wife the whole time I was there. They always had great recommendations of what to do while staying in Atlanta. Of all the bellhops available Corey stood out the most. His professionalism doing the work that he does was more than I expected of him. Ms. Shirley would always serve us with a smile in the clubhouse upstairs. The staff gave us the nicest gift for our anniversary. Above all I really enjoyed the cards they gave us signed by the all the staff it was really thoughtful. I was thoroughly impressed with all the staff at the Sheraton. Aside from that the room was very clean and looked comfortable. So much so that I started looking for a flaw. I did not find an acceptable flaw at all. When I come back to Atlanta I would definitely stay there again. P.S I want all of the same staff members that I had on this trip. From both me and my wife we really THANK YOU for taking care of us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We could not be more pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary stay. As I am sure you noticed, we love celebrating special occasions with our guests! Thank you for mentioning Jim, Andre, Cory and Ms. Shirley by name. They are among the brightest stars on our staff and we will be sure to thank them for making your stay especially memorable. We are looking forward to your next stay. Until then, safe travels!
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A friend and I went to ATL for a Falcons game vs. the Saints. It was the weekend of the SEC championship so the atmosphere was very lively.
Upon arriving we drove up to the front entrance and parked along the curb to go check in. The Valet told us we could not park along the side to check-in (which takes all of 5 minutes). I asked him why as that seemed quite unorthodox for a hotel to not allow it's guests to pull up to the door to check-in. The valet stated they were busy and didn't want the cars parked along the side curb. Mind you I was not infront of the door but along the curb to the right (if facing the door). I'd even parallel parked between two other cars that were parked there. The valet was insistent I give him the key to my car , which I declined. I sternly told him I was only coming to check-in. He was pushy and almost ruined my first impression.

My friend and I proceeded to ignore the rude valet worker and check-in at which time we were greeted with a warm smile in a friendly, professional manner. The young lady (whose name I can't recall) instantly made me forget about the valet guy.

Due to my previous encounter with valet I decided to self park. The guy made me think he just wanted to drive my car. I must say I was NOT impressed with the parking situation. Self parking is quite the hike. Guest have to walk down a painted path traveling the same direction as traffic. It's not flat either. There's no protective railing to prevent a pedestrian from being injured. This is surely an accident waiting to happen. Mind you we had or luggage and personal items with us.

We get up to the room which is small but cute. My friend and I began to get ready for the game when we noticed items from a previous guest had been left thrown in inconspicuous places around the room. My friend and I were mortified! Had the room been cleaned? where the sheets fresh? I immediately called desk services who were very apologetic. They offered to move us to another room, which we accepted; however, they didn't offer us any other accommodations and I found that to be odd. No upgrades, room service, wifi, free parking, nothing.

The bellhop came to move our stuff to the next room a few doors down. He was very pleasant and funny. His name was Cory.

After these mishaps everything else went fine. The beds sleep wonderful and the staff a nice sans the valet.

All in all I would suggest to the hotel to build a crosswalk from the deck to the hotel. Somebody is going to get hurst walking the "blue painted concrete path". Can you say lawsuit?

There no continental breakfast as far as I know of. room service is 24 hours so that came in handy after a late night. The food was amazing and hot.

Anyway, I wasn't overly impressed by the hotel but it wasn't bad either. it was just OKAY. I'm not beaming about my stay and not super excited about returning. I plan to try other establishments in the area the next time I visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. Despite your mixed review, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us overall. Please accept our apologizes for your disapproval with our parking options and staff. If you decide to stay with us again, we invite you to take advantage of our uncovered parking area which is closer to the hotel. We are pleased to hear you did enjoy our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding and 24 hour In Room Dining! We hope to see you again the next time you visit Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!
North Carlolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My buddy and I stayed at the Sheraton 2 nights during the SEC championship weekend. From the moment we arrived the staff greeted us and welcomed us repeatedly. Parking, check-in very smooth. Very clean hotel with several nice ammenities such as the Club Lounge, bar and a gorgeous indoor pool. Also, the guy named Jim will help you with anything. Can't say enough good things about this place and I found it by looking at Tripadvisor and compared it to a dozen others in the area. Don't let the low cost fool you to thinking it's not first class.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us over the SEC Championship weekend. We appreciate your kind feedback on our Club Lounge, Garden Courtyard pool and staff. Jim is one of our concierge and is a wonderful addition to our Front Office team, as you noticed during your stay. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!