“The accommodations were nice though some things fell short of the description at booking but the service was excellent and Corey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We would come again. Especially if the service stays as good as it is. As mentioned above the service was what made the difference. Though some amenities were not as promised at booking the staff went out if their way to make up for it and care for our needs and those of our children. Corey and Andre in reception were exceptionally helpful and thoughtful.

• Stayed December 2012
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you had such positive experiences with our staff. As I am sure you noticed from our other reviews, our staff and service levels are what sets us apart for most of our guests. We will be sure to thank Corey and Andre on your behalf. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again. Until then, safe travels!

1,516 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was the best!!! The staff was great from the moment I pulled up to the vallet. This was our first real stay in the city of Atlanta.The staff was always pleasant. Names I would never forget in relation to my stay would be the two working in concierge Andre and Jim. They were Great!!!!! These two took care of me and my wife the whole time I was there. They always had great recommendations of what to do while staying in Atlanta. Of all the bellhops available Corey stood out the most. His professionalism doing the work that he does was more than I expected of him. Ms. Shirley would always serve us with a smile in the clubhouse upstairs. The staff gave us the nicest gift for our anniversary. Above all I really enjoyed the cards they gave us signed by the all the staff it was really thoughtful. I was thoroughly impressed with all the staff at the Sheraton. Aside from that the room was very clean and looked comfortable. So much so that I started looking for a flaw. I did not find an acceptable flaw at all. When I come back to Atlanta I would definitely stay there again. P.S I want all of the same staff members that I had on this trip. From both me and my wife we really THANK YOU for taking care of us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We could not be more pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary stay. As I am sure you noticed, we love celebrating special occasions with our guests! Thank you for mentioning Jim, Andre, Cory and Ms. Shirley by name. They are among the brightest stars on our staff and we will be sure to thank them for making your stay especially memorable. We are looking forward to your next stay. Until then, safe travels!
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A friend and I went to ATL for a Falcons game vs. the Saints. It was the weekend of the SEC championship so the atmosphere was very lively.
Upon arriving we drove up to the front entrance and parked along the curb to go check in. The Valet told us we could not park along the side to check-in (which takes all of 5 minutes). I asked him why as that seemed quite unorthodox for a hotel to not allow it's guests to pull up to the door to check-in. The valet stated they were busy and didn't want the cars parked along the side curb. Mind you I was not infront of the door but along the curb to the right (if facing the door). I'd even parallel parked between two other cars that were parked there. The valet was insistent I give him the key to my car , which I declined. I sternly told him I was only coming to check-in. He was pushy and almost ruined my first impression.

My friend and I proceeded to ignore the rude valet worker and check-in at which time we were greeted with a warm smile in a friendly, professional manner. The young lady (whose name I can't recall) instantly made me forget about the valet guy.

Due to my previous encounter with valet I decided to self park. The guy made me think he just wanted to drive my car. I must say I was NOT impressed with the parking situation. Self parking is quite the hike. Guest have to walk down a painted path traveling the same direction as traffic. It's not flat either. There's no protective railing to prevent a pedestrian from being injured. This is surely an accident waiting to happen. Mind you we had or luggage and personal items with us.

We get up to the room which is small but cute. My friend and I began to get ready for the game when we noticed items from a previous guest had been left thrown in inconspicuous places around the room. My friend and I were mortified! Had the room been cleaned? where the sheets fresh? I immediately called desk services who were very apologetic. They offered to move us to another room, which we accepted; however, they didn't offer us any other accommodations and I found that to be odd. No upgrades, room service, wifi, free parking, nothing.

The bellhop came to move our stuff to the next room a few doors down. He was very pleasant and funny. His name was Cory.

After these mishaps everything else went fine. The beds sleep wonderful and the staff a nice sans the valet.

All in all I would suggest to the hotel to build a crosswalk from the deck to the hotel. Somebody is going to get hurst walking the "blue painted concrete path". Can you say lawsuit?

There no continental breakfast as far as I know of. room service is 24 hours so that came in handy after a late night. The food was amazing and hot.

Anyway, I wasn't overly impressed by the hotel but it wasn't bad either. it was just OKAY. I'm not beaming about my stay and not super excited about returning. I plan to try other establishments in the area the next time I visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. Despite your mixed review, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us overall. Please accept our apologizes for your disapproval with our parking options and staff. If you decide to stay with us again, we invite you to take advantage of our uncovered parking area which is closer to the hotel. We are pleased to hear you did enjoy our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding and 24 hour In Room Dining! We hope to see you again the next time you visit Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!
North Carlolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My buddy and I stayed at the Sheraton 2 nights during the SEC championship weekend. From the moment we arrived the staff greeted us and welcomed us repeatedly. Parking, check-in very smooth. Very clean hotel with several nice ammenities such as the Club Lounge, bar and a gorgeous indoor pool. Also, the guy named Jim will help you with anything. Can't say enough good things about this place and I found it by looking at Tripadvisor and compared it to a dozen others in the area. Don't let the low cost fool you to thinking it's not first class.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us over the SEC Championship weekend. We appreciate your kind feedback on our Club Lounge, Garden Courtyard pool and staff. Jim is one of our concierge and is a wonderful addition to our Front Office team, as you noticed during your stay. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Muscle Shoals
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed one night for the SEC Championship game this past weekend. The hotel was clean and well kept, check in was easy and quick even on a busy weekend. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was very polite and helpful. We stayed on the club level and the lounge was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen on club level and we were very happy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay over the SEC Championship game. Your recommendation is the highest form of flattery you could pay us and we are very thankful for it! We hope to see you back again soon. Until then, safe travels!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here for a convention and a little vacation. The Staff was wonderful. Friendly and very helpful. Very nice room. Only complaint was that I thought the pool and hottub were a little dirty. But I told a manager and he called staff while I was there to take care of it. Nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us. It sound like you enjoyed your convention as well as your vacation! We appreciate your kind feedback on our staff and are happy to hear a manager was able to successfully take care of the small issue with the pool. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Spent the weekend of 11/24-26 here and truly was impressed. The staff was amazing and extremely professional and cordial!! Loved Corey the Bellhop and especially the lady in the upstairs bar. Wish I could remember her name but she was my good luck charm on my football game:)
Not crazy about Starbucks coffee at all and that is the only thing you can get in the hotel but overall this was a great place to stay and will be back again.
If you stay on the 5th floor you have access to a VIP lounge for Continental breakfast and can I just say Krispy Kreme donuts Oh My!!
Thank you to the staff for making this an awesome weekend

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed the service our staff provided you with as well as having Club Lounge access, a distinct advantage to any stay! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!