“OMG, what a place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“OMG, what a place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have not been in a Sheraton for over ten years so I was stunned when I saw how things have evolved. I was upgraded to the Club Level when my room type was not available and I fell in love with the Club Level Lounge. As a "Premier" level customer of another chain, I was surprised to how lacking my other hotel providers lounge's are. This is a great property. The food is very good and the staff was the best.

Room Tip: High Floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Wow, thank you so much for your generous review! It was a pleasure for our team to read of your experience. Coming from such a well-traveled guest, your feedback is especially important to us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Club Level so much and hope to see you back soon. Until then, safe travels!

1,254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Unforuntely only ended up having one night here (we were delayed in NY for 2 days due to the hurrcane) -- Gutted! But the time we had there was fantastic. The room was amazing. The staff were fantastic, chatting to us all the time and giving us help with the area etc (especially Paul Martin - a fellow Englishman!!) They catered to our every need! I cant fault this hotel in any way at all it was just fantastic.

Got to Piedmont Park which was breathtaking, so beautiful - and quiet compared to bustling NY!! Hard Rock Cafe was great just up the road from the hotel and the chinese Hsu's was great too!! We got to shop a litle, just hopped on the subway up to one of the malls for a few hours (Lenox Mall i think) before our flight home. Has all the shops you need !!

Also, had a visit to Covington for the Vampire Diaries Tour (Mystic Falls Tour) which was fantastic. The taxi was around $140 total (there and back) as its about 40 minutes drive. The driver offered to stay while we did the tour and gave us a good price for having him drive us both ways.

Loved visting Atlanta and will definitely return for a longer stay sometime soon -- hopefully next year for the Vampire Diaries EyeCon Event !!! Very excited!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! It sounds like you really enjoyed your short stay with us and were able to see several of Atlanta's most popular attractions. We regret to hear your visit was cut short due to the hurricane but hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Every single aspect of our meeting was fantastic. I can't remember a time where I passed a hotel associate in the hall and they didn't smile and wish me well. From Tom and Andrew in A\V to Derrick in bell services, everyone was on point to make sure our meeting was a success.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review! We are pleased to hear your meeting went so well and you were treated warmly by all of our associates. We appreciate you mentioning Tom, Andrew and Derrick by name. We will be sure to thank them for their efforts with your group. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The appearance of the hotel was nice and the staff was awesome! However the walls and doors were paper thin. The guests were running up and down all night. Streaming, shouting, and falling on our door at 5 in the morning. Never seen anything like it. Was attending an educational conference and should have paid the extra money to stay at the Hilton Adblock away.
This hotel needs security that will patrol the halls at night.
Will visit ATL again, but not this hotel. Looks like a renovated motel, now that I think about it.

Room Tip: Unless you like noise all night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise levels your experienced during your stay. We can assure you that this is not a typical occurrence for our guests. Our security team routinely patrols our property at night but of course it is difficult to control all noise. We hope you give us another chance the next time you are in Atlanta. Safe travels.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay in hotels a lot... Roughly 50 nights per year. I have stayed in everything from motels to some of the world's most beautiful 5-star hotels. I have to say, I cannot recall ever having encountered such superior customer service and warm & friendly staff as at the Sheraton Atlanta. Multiple times on this trip, I complimented staff members on the amazingly polite, attentive service. I told them it was evident their management treats them very well because that kind of service is not an accident - When employees are treated well by their employer, they, in turn, treat their customers well. (By the way, I am uniquely qualified to make these declarations, as I lead a Customer Service organization!)

A few quick examples:
1 - When I checked in, my room key didn't work. I returned to the front desk, and a manager was immediately called over to accompany to my room, with master key in hand, so he could open the door and let me in, in the event he needed to get the key situation sorted out. He then assured me he would have maintenance look at the lock in the morning, just as a precautionary measure.
2 - I ordered room service for 3 meals (2 breakfasts, 1 dinner), and each time, the person who answered the phone was kind, accurate, and helpful. I was never hassled for wanting to substitute something in my order, and to top it all off, when I subbed fruit for hashed browns, I was not given a tiny bowl of fruit but a beautiful, full-sized order. I felt like this was over and above what they needed to do.
3 - Schronda from Room Service was a particular delight. Not only was she pleasant and accommodating, but she remembered my breakfast order when I wanted to order it the second day! With as many orders as I'm sure she gets in a day, I was astounded by that level of customer service.

Another very positive note - Again, I eat at a lot of restaurants, from dives to upscale. I eat a lot. The food at this hotel is not regular "hotel food." It is right up there with 4-star (not 5-star) restaurants. Particularly notable was the ATL Omelet (via room service) that was so good the first morning, I had to get it the second. Schronda allowed me to substitute goat cheese for the cheese sauce, and it was phenomenal. (Also recall I got to sub fruit for hashed browns!) In the restaurant: Cheddar biscuits were delicious. Fried Green Tomato and Goat Cheese Stack appetizer, too. Garlic Tomato Green Beans side was also wonderful, and the waiter-recommended Apple Cider Rosemary Pork Shank fell right off the bone yet was lean at the same time. (How do they do that?)

The restaurant also overlooks the beautiful pool. This made the dinner ambience lovely. And the hotel is a nice, moderate, 15-minute walk to the Convention Center and Olympic Park.

Only slight downside of the whole stay was that I felt Housekeeping could have been a bit more attentive to detail... The breakfast card on the bed had already been written on... The shower was positioned to "on" when I got there, rather than the tub faucet being in the "on" position. The soap dish had some soap residue left in it, as well. But otherwise, the room was very clean (though I didn't break out the black light or anything ;))

My only recommendation for this hotel would be that they invest in recycling cans for the rooms! I really dislike having to throw my 3 million water bottles into the trash when I could be recycling them.

In summary: I will seek this hotel out next time I am in Atlanta. It may be the best Sheraton I have stayed in. (I prepaid $152/night, by the way. Very good for a downtown hotel mid-week)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your extremely generous and thorough review. We love hearing about our guests' experiences and it certainly sounds like you had an enjoyable one! Come from such a well-traveled guest, we are especially appreciative of your many praises and could not be happier with the level of service you were provided by our talented team. We look forward to your next visit to Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for a convention and it was a mile or so but still well within the Peachtree area. The moment we walked in were welcomed by everyone, especially Corey, he was amazing. Every employee could not have been more helpful. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom door stuck but after I called the front desk they immediately sent someone to fix it. The upstairs area with wifi was comfy and easy to use. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay, particularly our staff and guest rooms. Thank you for mentioning Corey by name, we will be sure to thank him on your behalf. We look forward to your next visit. Until then, safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Sheraton Atlanta has the friendliest, most helpful and attentive staff that I have ever met! I had the pleasure of observing this team in action for over a week as they promptly assisted every guest with efficiency and a warm, genuine smile.

You can tell that every employee at the Sheraton cares for one another, and they work together not only as team, but as a family. In turn, I was personally treated with the highest level of professionalism while also experiencing the warmth of their sincere friendship.

Aside from the remarkable staff, the rooms are cozy with extremely comfortable beds. The fitness center has everything you need to stay in shape while traveling, and the pool is stunningly beautiful; a perfect respite from the stresses of the day. The restaurant offers a delicious full breakfast, and the lunch buffet had very tasty and healthy options as well as southern classics. It is also located in the heart of downtown, walking distance to restaurants, bars, Centennial Olympic Park, the GWCC and to all of the attractions in the area.

You can travel the world over and not experience the kind of hospitality offered in Atlanta, and the fact that the Sheraton outshines the rest of the hotel industry in the city speaks wonders. I will highly recommend the Sheraton Atlanta to everyone looking to stay in the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your kind and wonderful review with us. We could not have been happier to hear your feedback and share it with our team. It sounds like you had a nearly perfect stay and we are pleased you noticed our staff's dedication to our guests. Creating memorable experiences is our main goal and it sounds like you experienced just that. Your recommendation is the highest form of flattery you could pay us and we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!