“College Dorm” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, New York
“College Dorm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The appearance of the hotel was nice and the staff was awesome! However the walls and doors were paper thin. The guests were running up and down all night. Streaming, shouting, and falling on our door at 5 in the morning. Never seen anything like it. Was attending an educational conference and should have paid the extra money to stay at the Hilton Adblock away.
This hotel needs security that will patrol the halls at night.
Will visit ATL again, but not this hotel. Looks like a renovated motel, now that I think about it.

Room Tip: Unless you like noise all night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise levels your experienced during your stay. We can assure you that this is not a typical occurrence for our guests. Our security team routinely patrols our property at night but of course it is difficult to control all noise. We hope you give us another chance the next time you are in Atlanta. Safe travels.

1,448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay in hotels a lot... Roughly 50 nights per year. I have stayed in everything from motels to some of the world's most beautiful 5-star hotels. I have to say, I cannot recall ever having encountered such superior customer service and warm & friendly staff as at the Sheraton Atlanta. Multiple times on this trip, I complimented staff members on the amazingly polite, attentive service. I told them it was evident their management treats them very well because that kind of service is not an accident - When employees are treated well by their employer, they, in turn, treat their customers well. (By the way, I am uniquely qualified to make these declarations, as I lead a Customer Service organization!)

A few quick examples:
1 - When I checked in, my room key didn't work. I returned to the front desk, and a manager was immediately called over to accompany to my room, with master key in hand, so he could open the door and let me in, in the event he needed to get the key situation sorted out. He then assured me he would have maintenance look at the lock in the morning, just as a precautionary measure.
2 - I ordered room service for 3 meals (2 breakfasts, 1 dinner), and each time, the person who answered the phone was kind, accurate, and helpful. I was never hassled for wanting to substitute something in my order, and to top it all off, when I subbed fruit for hashed browns, I was not given a tiny bowl of fruit but a beautiful, full-sized order. I felt like this was over and above what they needed to do.
3 - Schronda from Room Service was a particular delight. Not only was she pleasant and accommodating, but she remembered my breakfast order when I wanted to order it the second day! With as many orders as I'm sure she gets in a day, I was astounded by that level of customer service.

Another very positive note - Again, I eat at a lot of restaurants, from dives to upscale. I eat a lot. The food at this hotel is not regular "hotel food." It is right up there with 4-star (not 5-star) restaurants. Particularly notable was the ATL Omelet (via room service) that was so good the first morning, I had to get it the second. Schronda allowed me to substitute goat cheese for the cheese sauce, and it was phenomenal. (Also recall I got to sub fruit for hashed browns!) In the restaurant: Cheddar biscuits were delicious. Fried Green Tomato and Goat Cheese Stack appetizer, too. Garlic Tomato Green Beans side was also wonderful, and the waiter-recommended Apple Cider Rosemary Pork Shank fell right off the bone yet was lean at the same time. (How do they do that?)

The restaurant also overlooks the beautiful pool. This made the dinner ambience lovely. And the hotel is a nice, moderate, 15-minute walk to the Convention Center and Olympic Park.

Only slight downside of the whole stay was that I felt Housekeeping could have been a bit more attentive to detail... The breakfast card on the bed had already been written on... The shower was positioned to "on" when I got there, rather than the tub faucet being in the "on" position. The soap dish had some soap residue left in it, as well. But otherwise, the room was very clean (though I didn't break out the black light or anything ;))

My only recommendation for this hotel would be that they invest in recycling cans for the rooms! I really dislike having to throw my 3 million water bottles into the trash when I could be recycling them.

In summary: I will seek this hotel out next time I am in Atlanta. It may be the best Sheraton I have stayed in. (I prepaid $152/night, by the way. Very good for a downtown hotel mid-week)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your extremely generous and thorough review. We love hearing about our guests' experiences and it certainly sounds like you had an enjoyable one! Come from such a well-traveled guest, we are especially appreciative of your many praises and could not be happier with the level of service you were provided by our talented team. We look forward to your next visit to Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!
Phx, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for a convention and it was a mile or so but still well within the Peachtree area. The moment we walked in were welcomed by everyone, especially Corey, he was amazing. Every employee could not have been more helpful. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom door stuck but after I called the front desk they immediately sent someone to fix it. The upstairs area with wifi was comfy and easy to use. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay, particularly our staff and guest rooms. Thank you for mentioning Corey by name, we will be sure to thank him on your behalf. We look forward to your next visit. Until then, safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Sheraton Atlanta has the friendliest, most helpful and attentive staff that I have ever met! I had the pleasure of observing this team in action for over a week as they promptly assisted every guest with efficiency and a warm, genuine smile.

You can tell that every employee at the Sheraton cares for one another, and they work together not only as team, but as a family. In turn, I was personally treated with the highest level of professionalism while also experiencing the warmth of their sincere friendship.

Aside from the remarkable staff, the rooms are cozy with extremely comfortable beds. The fitness center has everything you need to stay in shape while traveling, and the pool is stunningly beautiful; a perfect respite from the stresses of the day. The restaurant offers a delicious full breakfast, and the lunch buffet had very tasty and healthy options as well as southern classics. It is also located in the heart of downtown, walking distance to restaurants, bars, Centennial Olympic Park, the GWCC and to all of the attractions in the area.

You can travel the world over and not experience the kind of hospitality offered in Atlanta, and the fact that the Sheraton outshines the rest of the hotel industry in the city speaks wonders. I will highly recommend the Sheraton Atlanta to everyone looking to stay in the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your kind and wonderful review with us. We could not have been happier to hear your feedback and share it with our team. It sounds like you had a nearly perfect stay and we are pleased you noticed our staff's dedication to our guests. Creating memorable experiences is our main goal and it sounds like you experienced just that. Your recommendation is the highest form of flattery you could pay us and we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Until then, safe travels!
Natick, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Responsive staff, quiet a/c, good restaurant & fitness center including buth cardio & weight machines met my few, business traveling needs. In addition, my room was magically upgraded so my corner room on the 10th floor was nice & large. (I therefore can't comment on average room size). This hotel has 2 towers to accomodate its convention events. I was in the South Tower, room 1078 - high enough so that street noise was not a problem. The bath towels were decent sized, but the sink placement seemed unnecessarily odd - immediately next to the toilet. Access to I-75/85 is easy. The parking garage is adjacent and though the access is somewhat complicated, it's easy to get used to it. I will return!

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind feedback on your stay with us. We are so happy to hear we were able to accommodate all of your business travel needs. It sounds like you particularly enjoyed our convenient downtown location, fitness center and guest rooms. We look forward to your next stay. Until then, safe travels!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great location in the heart of downtown, wonderful amenities, cleanliness and courteous service. They gave me an opportunity to bypass daily room cleaning for vouchers for food and drinks. The only issue I had was I was charged for parking a car in the hotel despite the fact that I never had a car. They refunded me and told me it would take 3 days to come off of my credit card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location, amenities and service. We are thrilled you chose to participate in our "Make a Green Choice" program and were able to use your daily vouchers in our dining outlets. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience associated with the incorrect parking charge. We hope the situation was handled quickly and without hassle. Come back and see us the next time you are in Atlanta. Safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this property from November 6th through 10th to attend a teacher's conference. It was one of the hotels suggested by the conference that was serviced by a nearby shuttle. I chose this out of the six suggested hotels because the price for conference attendees was less than the other five. My great experience began at arrival. Valets quickly parked my car, took my luggage for me and led me to the front desk. I was quickly checked in and the bellman took my luggage up to the room for me and told me about the computer center, restaurants and pool area. The room was very nice, although a bit smaller than some other rooms I've stayed in. Loved the Starbucks coffee and the tea in the room with the paper cups and lids to take coffee with me in the morning. I used the computer area the first evening and it was very quiet and comfortable. I didn't eat in the restaurants, but did get pizza, dessert and doughnuts from the deli. The gift shop had interesting items and the hours were great. When I needed to purchase a particular over the counter medication, the concierge on duty (Derrick) called pharmacies for me to find the product in stock and walked me out to the taxi. This hotel goes out of their way, every member of the staff that I encountered to anticipate and fulfill guest's every need. I had a great four nights here and would definitely recommend this hotel. The only not so pleasant thing I encountered happened on my last morning there when I called for my car to be brought around to pack my luggage. The valet on duty was speaking to another customer who was arguing with him about the price of the parking. He was very courteous and gave her his full attention, while she was very aggressive and out of line. There was a man standing next to me as I waited who I assumed was a hotel guest. He looked at me and said, "Ma'm, I'm not a bad person, but I need $1.75 to get to the train station." The valet was so involved with the other guest that he didn't even notice the interaction, although he was only a few feet away. I didn't feel unsafe with the valet out there, but moved inside the lobby until the man walked away. The hotel was a great part of my trip.

Room Tip: Room 917 was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your thorough and generous review. We are so pleased to hear that the Sheraton Atlanta had such a positive impact on your visit to the city. It sounds like you were well taken care of by our staff from the moment you pulled in. As you noticed, our whole team genuinely enjoys interacting with and providing for our guests. We hope that your positive experience will bring you back again. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!