“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Brooklyn, New York
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great location in the heart of downtown, wonderful amenities, cleanliness and courteous service. They gave me an opportunity to bypass daily room cleaning for vouchers for food and drinks. The only issue I had was I was charged for parking a car in the hotel despite the fact that I never had a car. They refunded me and told me it would take 3 days to come off of my credit card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location, amenities and service. We are thrilled you chose to participate in our "Make a Green Choice" program and were able to use your daily vouchers in our dining outlets. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience associated with the incorrect parking charge. We hope the situation was handled quickly and without hassle. Come back and see us the next time you are in Atlanta. Safe travels!

1,427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this property from November 6th through 10th to attend a teacher's conference. It was one of the hotels suggested by the conference that was serviced by a nearby shuttle. I chose this out of the six suggested hotels because the price for conference attendees was less than the other five. My great experience began at arrival. Valets quickly parked my car, took my luggage for me and led me to the front desk. I was quickly checked in and the bellman took my luggage up to the room for me and told me about the computer center, restaurants and pool area. The room was very nice, although a bit smaller than some other rooms I've stayed in. Loved the Starbucks coffee and the tea in the room with the paper cups and lids to take coffee with me in the morning. I used the computer area the first evening and it was very quiet and comfortable. I didn't eat in the restaurants, but did get pizza, dessert and doughnuts from the deli. The gift shop had interesting items and the hours were great. When I needed to purchase a particular over the counter medication, the concierge on duty (Derrick) called pharmacies for me to find the product in stock and walked me out to the taxi. This hotel goes out of their way, every member of the staff that I encountered to anticipate and fulfill guest's every need. I had a great four nights here and would definitely recommend this hotel. The only not so pleasant thing I encountered happened on my last morning there when I called for my car to be brought around to pack my luggage. The valet on duty was speaking to another customer who was arguing with him about the price of the parking. He was very courteous and gave her his full attention, while she was very aggressive and out of line. There was a man standing next to me as I waited who I assumed was a hotel guest. He looked at me and said, "Ma'm, I'm not a bad person, but I need $1.75 to get to the train station." The valet was so involved with the other guest that he didn't even notice the interaction, although he was only a few feet away. I didn't feel unsafe with the valet out there, but moved inside the lobby until the man walked away. The hotel was a great part of my trip.

Room Tip: Room 917 was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your thorough and generous review. We are so pleased to hear that the Sheraton Atlanta had such a positive impact on your visit to the city. It sounds like you were well taken care of by our staff from the moment you pulled in. As you noticed, our whole team genuinely enjoys interacting with and providing for our guests. We hope that your positive experience will bring you back again. Until then, safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Great location downtown... Rooms large... Small bathroom.... Nice fluffy pillows and comfortable bed BUT .... Old blankets that look really shabby... Pool area is lovely... Conference food good... Conference rooms comfortable

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had an overall pleasant experience with us and really enjoyed your stay over your conference. We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback on our location, guest rooms, Garden Courtyard and conference facilities. We hope to see you again in the future. Until then, safe travels!
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Entire Staff was knowledgable and courteous. Very clean. Never needed to ask for extra towels with 3 in a room.
Fandangles Restaurant was great & everyone was courteous
Waiter - Tony Spectacular - He was friendly, courteous and funny. Full knowledge of menu and was able to recommend food items.

Room Tip: Corner suites was very spacious. Friends stayed on South side and enjoyed there room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your generous review and scores. It sounds like you and your friends really enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words on our staff, especially Tony who is a definite star on our Food & Beverage team. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you read my other reviews, you see that I travel a decent amount, but not a ton. I usually stay in Hampton Inns or Holiday Inn Expresses, but this is for a business conference and so I am downtown in a Sheraton. I'm here now. The thing is, I can't understand why downtown, more expensive hotels, charge so much for parking and wifi, when they are free or included in the price at places like Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses. That's just the way it is. When you stay downtown in a big city, you just know you are going to get charged for wifi and parking.
The deal with this place is, everyone who works here is so super nice. Niceness really matters to me. If it matters to you, you will notice it right away here. Even when I arrived, there was a message on the hotel phone from the manager, welcoming me to the hotel. Yeah, everyone gets it, but still, it is thought, you know? That they wanted to welcome the guests. That's cool. The check-in was really busy, but the woman who checked me in was super nice and quick. Also I ordered room service and the gentleman who brought it up, the woman who took my order, again, super nice. That really matters!
It isn't the biggest room or the quietest room (I am across from the service elevator and ice machine and I hear that a lot, but what can you do? This is a seriously busy hotel. I just wish that the wifi was free. I understand the parking-- although Atlanta has a ton of parking! But the wifi, come on, it is 2012! Still, if nice matters to you, this is a super-nice place with a super-nice staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the service elevator or ice machine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate your kind feedback on our staff and service. It sounds like every team member you came in contact with made a positive impression on your experience. On your next visit, we invite you to take advantage of our complimentary Internet access and computer terminals located in the Link@Sheraton located on the 3rd floor. Until then, safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

All the staff were extremely helpful and nice; in particular Jerome, Bellman. We had an issue with a package. He went above and beyond to seek a solution. All the staff made our stay such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us! It sounds like you were really impressed by our staff, especially Jerome. We are honored to have him on our team and so pleased to hear he made such a positive impact on your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
new brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The customer service at this hotel is great, they greet you everywhere. The hotel does need some renovations but it's very clean. Our room was kept spotless during our stay fresh sheets everyday who could ask for more.The bathroom was outdated but kept clean by the staff. The lobby is very clean and the conciege go out of their way to help you get around. The breakfast buffet was good but they should have more staff cooking the omelets it would be quicker. Over we were very pleased with our stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to read about your experience and to hear you had an overall pleasant stay with us. We truly appreciate you kind feedback on our staff, cleanliness and breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!