“Game Day Vacation!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Baton Rouge
“Game Day Vacation!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I were suppose to arrive Friday evening but we missed our flight we had friends waiting on us we called the front desk so they can check-in because the rooms were in our names they were good about that let them checkin. the staff was great. The Bellman was really helpful(Jerome), The only complaint I have is the parking is horrible and too EXPENSIVE!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your game day vacation and we are so happy to hear it! We appreciate your kind words on our staff, especially Jerome, who as you can tell from many of our other review, it a true star on our team. We are sorry you were not as pleased with our parking options. Please note that our parking costs are among the lowest in downtown Atlanta. We hope to see you again. Until then, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Pro Staff,
Fairuza, Azania, Mimi, Aaron, and literally all the staff we had the privilege of meeting were just Great! Truly felt welcome and enjoyed our stay (9/27/12-9/30/12). Breakfast buffet and omelets made to order were both Excellent. Location is perfect, two blocks from Sun Dial Restaurant & Bar that rotates at 760' and 1.8 miles from Oceanaire Seafood (the freshest oysters) and so many others. Breakfast buffet and omelets made to order were both Excellent. Lowest price we could find in the area for this caliber of accomidations. Stayed on 16th floor (top floor), room was clean, fresh, bed was comfy with a view of some of the city lights. Internet speed good in the room and free on the 3rd floor. If in Atlanta we will definitely be back
Marie & Jim Gish

Room Tip: 16th floor has balconies w/a pretty nice view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and scores. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay, particularly our staff, location and guest rooms. We appreciate you mentioning staff members by name as they are all superstars and must have left a very positive impression on you to be recognized so specifically. We will be sure to thank them on your behalf. We look forward to your next stay with us. Until then, safe travels!
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I attended a large national conference in Atlanta for work, and this was one of the last "downtown" hotels with rooms available (I think partly because it was a bit further than other hotels from the World Congress Center. Normally for work I would stay at the Westin or similar hotel). The staff here were friendly, especially the concierge who was a hoot. My room was located on the first floor, and I wish staff had done a better job of closing the doors to the hallway and/or monitoring guests at night because they were loud! I had to ask the front desk for ear plugs, and when they asked if there was a reason I needed them, I explained that guests were coming back to their rooms very late in the night/early morning and were loud, and they said next time I should call them and they'll send security. But come on, it was the 1st floor which was basically next to the front desk; they should have heard it and done something about it on their own. The pool area looked very nice, almost a tropical feel to it. The roof opened up so you were essentially "outside" and could truly sunbathe which was neat. Location is close to a major highway (but I didn't notice highway noise), and within walking distance to the WCC, the CNN Center, Olympic Park, New World of Coca-Cola, the Aquarium, etc. (<1 mile - there's a big hill to climb, but it's otherwise a straight shot down Andrew Young Int'l Blvd.). I felt safe, but as with most cities, if you have to be out at night, make sure you have someone with you. Overall, a nice stay, but I don't know that I would stay here again if given a choice of another hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks on our staff, Garden Courtyard and location. Three definite highlights in our opinion as well! We apologize for the noise you experienced from your guest room at night. We can assure you that we implement strict quiet hours from 10 pm to 6 am. If you do stay with us again in the future (which we hope you do), please let our Front Office know about any noise issues and they will be happy to have security handle it. Until then, safe travels!
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked/stayed for 5 nights, and when I arrived at the Hotel and asked for a High Floor away from the elevator. Said not a problem, low occupancy this time of year. I got a 12th floor room, right next to the elevator. Sigh. Some evenings and Mornings there was some noise - I didn't even bother to complain - just should have allow me a room away from the elevator as I asked.

The room was small for a Club Level room; but it was adequate enough. It is very dated; bathroom small.

The Club Lounge was ok - not many offerings, but enough for what the cost of the room is.

The pool area is nice, lots of bugs in the pool (open roof). The staff is pleasant.

Like many hotels you will pay the price for convenience - all food/gift shop items are overpriced.

The area itself is ok - not much happening in ATL at the moment.

One tip - ask taxi drivers to put on their meters when you get in the cab. Some will rip you off.

Overall a decent stay; average hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed your overall experience and we are happy to hear that. We are surprised to read your comments on our guest rooms as most travelers find our recently renovated rooms to be spacious and very up to date. We hope you give us another chance to truly "Wow" you the next time you are in Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Okay location from the Marta station, bit of a walk to get to. Staff is friendly, rooms are okay and sometimes the price of rooms is a bit expensive. Room size is average and decor is okay. Conference rooms are good and easy to figure out where they are.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review! It sounds like you had a pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very happy to hear that. We hope to see you back again the next time you are in Atlanta. Until then,safe travels!
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

There was sometime of party going on that involved several THOUSAND people. It was a 70's & 80's music party which normally I would love, however until 3am, not so much. We were on the 8th floor and could still hear the thumping of the music. I am a 40 year old woman and will be the first one in line for a party, but this was too much and at the very least, we should have been advised this would be going on when the reservation was made. Erin the bellhop that helped get us thru the throng of people was very nice and helpful and he was there early the next morning to help us with our departure. Much thanks for that. We were in town for the PGA tour championship at East Lake Golf Club.

EVERYTHING in this hotel is OVER PRICED....big time. a 4-6oz bottle of St Ives lotion was 5.99 in the gift shop. It would be in the under $2 bin in any grocery or drug store.

The bathroom in our room smelled of urine. This is the second Sheraton I have stayed in over the last couple of months with the same issue. I think they need stronger cleaners or better cleaning staff. I should not have to concern myself with protecting my feet in my in room bathroom at a Sheraton or a Westin.

Room Tip: Make sure that there are not any functions for your reserved dates and if they are, they higher floo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the in-house group over your stay. We generally try to let guest know ahead of time about situations such as these but it seems we dropped the ball on your reservation. We are happy to hear that Erin did a good job of taking care of your and your family despite the busy weekend! We should also note that our prices for extra amenities are comparable to other downtown properties. We are surprised by your comments on our guest room bathrooms and will certainly look into this. We generally only receive very positive feedback on our recently renovated bathrooms. Thanks again for your review and we hope to have a chance to give you a true Sheraton Atlanta experience. Until then, safe travels!
Orangeburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend of the Falcons /Broncos game Monday Night Football. This hotel is one of my favorite Starwood properties. The service is usually great. I had a problem with my TV and even though I reported it on three separate occasions, it was never addressed! I had to watch Sunday night football in the club lounge on the 5th floor. Occupancy was low during my stay and so was staffing. I am coming back to ATL for the Panthers game. Everything, except for the TV was wonderful, that is why I am going keep my reservation at the Sheraton ATL in hopes of their usual HIGH STANDARDS….

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the problem with your TV and for never addressing it on our end. As you well know, that certainly atypical of our service levels. We pride ourselves on providing the very best service to our guests and feel confident this will be your experience over your next stay. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!