“Very good, few minor problems” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Hotel at CNN Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #25 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Vermont
“Very good, few minor problems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed for 5 nights for business. Location outstanding for convention center; I was in the north tower and literally on doorstep of convention center; no other hotel was as convenient. I arrived by Marta from airport; it was a short walk outside and around the Phillips arena to get to the hotel so as long as there is no bad weather and your bags are not too large/heavy I recommend taking Marta. (Note: There are a bunch of steps from Marta to the street on the south side of Phillips arena; if you have luggage take the ramp north towards the convention center and turn right to get to the hotel.) Hotel public areas appeared clean and plush. Room also appeared clean. Flat screen TV, room lights, clock radio and magnifying mirror light functioned properly. Closet was spacious with plenty of hangers; there was a safe in the closet. Bathroom also a bit more spacious than expected. Service uniformly excellent from front desk to maid service to room service to business center. I joined the preferred guest program ahead of time (note: make sure you let them know that you are a member upon check in and have your member number handy) and received complimentary AM beverage: the hot tea I ordered for each AM arrived promptly (sometimes early but this was ok as I instructed them to knock and leave it outside door), was always hot (therefore delivered without delay), prettily presented on a tray, with milk, sugar, and honey as well. Also preferred guest program delivered newspapers every AM and free wifi, although I did not make use of wifi. Had dinner in Prime Meridian and the food was overall very good. The hotel is attached to the CNN center with a lot of fast food places and a couple of chain restaurants. My room which overlooked the convention center was quiet except for when others on the floor slammed their doors. The fitness center had plenty of treadmills (at least 6), 3 ellipticals, 2 recumbent bikes, 1 upright bike and the usual weights. There were plenty of towels in the room and in the fitness center; fitness center also had water available, (but no fresh fruit like I always see at Marriott.) There was a swimming pool but I did not use it. The minor problems: most treadmills had individual TVs, but the rest of the equipment did not (there were a couple of TV screens on the walls - but the upright bike faced away from that!) I found the seats on the bikes to be rather uncomfortable (typical for Cybex equipment.) The two double beds in my room had seen better days; the first night the bed I was in had such a severe dip on the edge that I almost rolled out of the bed. I used the other bed the rest of my stay but it was not in much better shape. As someone else had remarked in a previous review, the magnifying mirror in the bathroom had such a dim light I really couldn't see very well at all. Overall I think my stay was fine, and if the Omni upgrades their fitness center, beds and bathroom mirrors it would be near perfect. I would definitely stay at this Omni hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Management100, Manager at Omni Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
We really appreciate your detailed review of your stay here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Overall we are delighted that your stay was near perfect. We are always looking for ways to improve so your comments will be shared with the appropriate parties in regards to the fitness area, lighting in the bathroom and the beds. We hope to welcome you back to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in the future.

1,761 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

This Omni is a large property, probably built in the 80s, so its a bit worn, but has had good upkeep. I stayed here to attend a meeting at the Convention Center, and I'm glad I did-the Convention Center is literally 50 feet out the back door. CNN, Olympic Park next door as well. Hotel has two towers, and the layout is slightly confusing-not every level has guest room elevators. Staff were very friendly, and I had a good room service dinner and dining room breakfast. Rooms are standard issue. Good fitness center with an outdoor rooftop pool and hot tub. Overall, good stay, good location. TIP-Join the Omni guest program (free to join), get free internet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff, room service and convenient location here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We truly appreciate your review. The next time you are in Atlanta for a convention please come back and visit us.
CambridgeUK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Good conference hotel. 2000 rooms. Requested room with view ofpark and city (much better than rooms looking into CNN atrium or other ways i think). Joined OMNI club in advance for free wifi, morning beverages.

Bar was good - local 4-20 beer was great. Service fun.

Prime Meridian restuarant (with view of the city and good southern food and service from an international team) was a surprise for its unexpected quality (i usually avoid city hotel restuarants).

The Fitness room and outdoor all year round heated pool was good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We deeply appreciate your positive review and comments about our bar, restaurant, fitness center and pool. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back!
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My friend and I stayed at the CNN Omni Hotel last week, Oct. 28th. In our one night stay we had a great time, lots of things to see and do, lots of food choices. Great front desk, room service, all employees we encountered were very nice and helpful. Beautiful view of Olympic Centennial Park from our balcony. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that overall you had a great time. During your one night stay we’re glad you were able to enjoy our staff, food and view of Centennial Olympic Park. We look forward to serving you again here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010 via mobile

We stayed at the Omni for the Hawks vs Heat pre season game. The hotel is within walking distance of the CNN Ctr, Cenntennial Park, Philips Arena and other places of interest. The room was small but very clean, the bed and pillows were vey uncomfortable. The $30.00 valet parking is a bit much. The hotel staff was very professional.

• Stayed October 2010
Thank you for leaving a review. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is conveniently located by CNN Center, Philips Arena, Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coke and the Aquarium just to name a few. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Please come back and stay with us again!
Cleveland, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at an Omni at Indianapolis, IN and got my car broken in to. So the only thing the hotel would do for me is not charge me for the night of my stay and they would give me another night say anywhere i wanted. I live in TN and the only Omni never me is the CNN hotel. I was not impressed with the hotel at all. I read online they had some bed bug issue. I had to make sure i did not get a room with bed bugs. "I did find a bug in my room” I was not asked if we wanted to move they just took care of the bug. I just do not think the Omni is a 5* hotel. They might have won an award for being the best but they are far from the best in my book. I don’t think i would ever use a Omni hotel again. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend at all. I would tell them to run way from the Omni hotel chain...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Management100, Manager at Omni Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Please be assured that all comments both positive and negative are taken very seriously. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center has not had any verified bed bug issues since 2008. If a bed bug issue were to arise we would immediately take the room out of service for 10 days. We would not allow you or anyone else to stay in the room during that period. We use a specialized company to process any possible bed bug incidence. If verified we treat the room from discarding of all the linens, beds, and furniture to treating the room as specified by the industry standards. If you would like to discuss this issue in further detail, please feel free to contact us and speak with the Manager on Duty.
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I've come for the NBAA Convention - and the Omni is just awesome. Perfectly located in walking distance to the convention center; enough variety in restaurants; plenty of things around.
Room-Service was perfect - the first time i had a steak cooked right by a room service.
Drawbacks:
a) a complicated layout, with two connecting towers and it's not intuitive where things really are
b) business center is not usable, really.
c) small swimming pool
d) loud guests after the convention .... but that's not the fault of the hotel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Management100, Manager at Omni Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
We are happy to hear that your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center was “awesome”. We are sorry that our layout, business center and pool were not up to your standards. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay with us again.

Been to Omni Hotel at CNN Center? Share your experiences!