“Excellent stay - would definitely go back” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #35 of 176 Hotels in Atlanta
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Excellent stay - would definitely go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just got back from a conference trip to Atlanta and stayed at the Omni for 3 nights. The hotel is very nice inside. My biggest complaint is that it is somewhat of a maze if you're going back and forth to the convention center. The staff was very professional and helpful. My room was exceptionally clean and had nice decor. I was very happy to get a complimentary morning beverage and free wifi as a rewards member. I would recommend joining prior to a stay here. I was a little disappointed in the amount of "green" activities. I would come back after my room was cleaned or after turn-down service to find every light and the TV on in the room. I would prefer to save electricity if I wasn't in the room. I was charged a $7 fee for a bottle of water that was never in my room. However, the staff removed the charge with no questions asked. Although I would recommend this more for adults, I think families would do fine here, too. The hotel is very close to the aquarium and the Coca-Cola museum. I would definitely stay here again for another conference trip to Atlanta.

Room Tip: The north tower seems newer, although the view wasn't great (I overlooked a crane).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sarahbethe
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit Atlanta.

Ariton, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at the Omni for one night June 21-22. Very good location for attending an event at Philips Arena. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing downtown accommodations. A manager called to personally apologize for one slight problem with the stay. That doesn't happen very often. Good people.

1 Thank PWoodskp
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and accommodating. Look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Atlanta.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'm very disappointed with the reservations that I made online. When booking the reservations on line, I booked the "Rock Star" package which was to include a pre concert reception, swag bag, and photos. When attempting to get further information on the "Rock Star" package, I learned that the package I thought I booked was not available to me because i used my AAA discount. In the on-line booking process, it was not explained that by using the AAA discount, we could not take advantage of package. We were also informed that the benefits of the "Rock Star" package with the exception of the swag bag were open to any guest in the lobby at the time of the event at no additional cost. To further complicate the reservations, the hostess at the front desk (one being trained), did not seem to have a clear understanding of what our reservation package included. Rather than presenting me with clear instructions on the room location and meal vouchers for the breakfast buffet purchased, the hostess began suggesting that, because we were there for the concert, we should switch rooms from the north tower to the south tower and only presented our meal vouchers when questioned about them. It is my suggestion that the on-line booking process should include clearer descriptions of package details and what happens to those package benefits if other discounts are used. It would also seem that the reservations shown to the hostess at the time of check in should be more descriptive of what each guest has purchased and "special" package events should also be limited to those who have purchased them or not offered at all as a package.

Room Tip: We stayed in the north 21 floor. Room quite, nice beds. I'm confused if you read the pool is to...
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nancy M
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. On behalf of the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any confusion you experienced during the reservation process. It is our mission to make the most of every interaction with our guests, whether it is through our website, over the phone or in person. As such, I have forwarded your comments along to our web development team to ensure our site is allowing the selection of only one rate or package per reservation, as it is designed to do. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to improve your perception of our hotel the next time you visit Atlanta.
dolphin110173
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Took my daughter to a concert this past Friday night and I had decided months ago to get a hotel room so I wouldn't have to drive home after the concert and Omni hotel was my first choice. The hotel was very nice, but the room in my opinion wasn't worth what I paid for it but it was the convenience you were paying for. Every employee at the hotel we came in contact with was very nice and I would stay here again especially if I was going to a concert at Phillips Arena.

Room Tip: If you want a City view ask to stay in the North tower we got put in the South tower and we had a vi...
1 Thank dolphin110173
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Atlanta.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My daughter and I chose this location b/c of CNN and World of Coca Cola. We pulled right up to the North tower to the valet. We checked in but sent to the South Tower for our room- just an easy walk across a bridge connecting buildings. parts of the building may need a little updating but our room was a corner room 1526 with great views over Centennial park. The room was comfy and nice. The building was so convenient to CNN, food court, Wold of Coca Cola, Aquarium and Phillips Arena. We didn't know about the One Direction concert but walked over last night and go very last minute tickets and had a great evening. The breakfast was great and our waiter, Darrel (maybe?) was super nice. Every staff member was wonderful. The waitress in the bar who got us food to take to our room to the valet people. Would stay here again. Not luxurious but was nice.

1 Thank Natalie S
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your wonderful feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you and your daughter had such a memorable experience at our hotel and in downtown Atlanta - what luck that you also got to attend the One Direction concert! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit.
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Location 1
Dingy darkest room 10
Oddest shaped room 10
Buckling carpets 10
Trash in the room upon check 10

Drove in from Tampa for a concert. I chose the hotel for its location to the Philips arena. The location can't be beat. However, for the price, I'm shocked at the quality At this hotel. The rooms are in desperate need of a makeover!
And would it kill them to put more than 2 small lights in the room?

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank kimberly g
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, I would like to extend an apology for your disappointment in our guestrooms. The maintenance and cleanliness of our guestrooms and guestroom corridors is extremely important to us, and I regret that your experience did not reflect this. Please know that your comments have been shared with our executive committee so that corrective measures can be taken. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to improve your perception of our hotel the next time you visit downtown Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Seems like some of the rooms haven't been updated in awhile but maybe I stayed in the wrong tower (south). Unlike some of the pictures at least my room had been updated with a new TV and all HD channels which was nice. I joined their loyalty program and was rewarded with fresh coffee delivered every day which was much appreciated. Also received free internet but only 3mb (that's not a lot!) No stopper for a bath and never received the toothbrush I requested from the room staff. Very firm bed. Great location but don't expect to be overwhelmed by the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a good view or you will be looking across at the other tower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MH32
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing some feedback about your recent stay. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, I would like to apologize for your disappointment in some of our amenities. Our North Tower has been recently renovated and, as you noticed, we are making some enhancements to the rooms in the South Tower to give them a more modern feel. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Atlanta and allow us the opportunity to treat you to a more memorable experience, regardless of which tower you choose to stay in.