“Anniversary Celebration” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Hotel at CNN Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #23 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Anniversary Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night as a part of our 36th anniversary celebration after going to a concert at Symphony Hall. We splurged an got corner room of North Tower overlooking Centennial Park and the Atlanta skyline. Clean, nice rooms.
Overnight valet parking VERY expensive. Good place for special occasion.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and had a good experience, so I was looking forward to my return. Unfortunately, since my list visit, the hotel's quality has slipped.

My service experience was excellent. Check-in was welcoming and very fast. I ordered room service on the first night of my stay, after a fairly late arrival, and it arrived quickly (~20 min.), was hot, and tasted good; the person who delivered it was also very nice. The hotel has the typically appealing features of Omni's "SelectGuest" program: an item pressed for free and (my favorite) morning coffee delivered to your door. Check-out was similarly efficient and polite. So, I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel's staff--each interaction was excellent.

Where the hotel fell short was in the quality of the room. My room was in the main tower (the South Tower). It appears the rooms have not been renovated in several years, and they badly need renovation. The style is outdated. The carpet is drab and in need of replacement. The desk chair (which was a hard wooden chair, not an office chair) was terrible--it had faded fabric and had lost support in the cushion so badly I had to set on a pillow for decent support. The wallpaper was faded and starting to peel at the seams. The television was an old box-style set with grainy pictures; it was housed in a huge, old-style armoire with swing out doors. There was a shortage of plugs. I also found the room's layout a bit odd--the beds are on angles and there is a lot of wasted space in how the room was configured.

With a substantial renovation, this hotel could be great (again), but it's past due for an overhaul.

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room (Room 720 in South Tower). Wall cracks, holes around sprinkler in ceiling, makeup and maybe blood stains on wall in bathroom. No light in shower. Awkward bathroom setup. Loud rooms, uncomfortable beds, no fitted sheet used so mattress was exposed. TV's are old and stations were fuzzy. Limited tv stations. Would not stay here again unless I had to. Went to spa but no one was there. Front desk seemed surprised. Fitness center was advertised and newly remodeled state of the art. It was a basic small hotel fitness center that is too small to accommodate the number of guest rooms.

chicago, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

3 star hotel but charges 4 star rates given proximity to conference centers (and hosts their own as well). Though most people are probably here on business account expenses so don't complain too much.

Rooms are old. Walls and windows are paper thin. You can hear everything your neighbors are talking about as well as every car that passes by on busy Marietta St. (And that was from the 12th floor).

Water temp control is horrible. It goes from freezing cold to scalding hot with a tiny turn of the temp control. Think you have the perfect setting figured out by day two, it randomly changes yet again (probably entirely dependent on other shower takers).

Bed was decent, but needed more pillows (two for a king size bed). No bedside plugs for phones is really inconvenient and also speaks to archaic nature of the room/hotel.

Old CRT TV needs to be updated.

Internet is charged at $9.95/day.

Service is professional and friendly--a definite positive.

For reference, I stayed in the South Tower. Check out Glenn hotel down the street which is newer, nicer, and often cheaper.

• Stayed March 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you are attending an event in downtown Atlanta (GWCC, Philips Arena, Georgia Dome, CNN Center, Centennial Park, etc.) this is the perfect place to stay due to it's proximity to all these venues. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurants is well-prepared and tasty. The only downer is cost, but pick any hotel in downtown Atlanta and you will be paying a sizeable sum for a night's lodging. At the OMNI, you are at least getting quality, comfort and safety along with a great location for the dollars you spend.

Room Tip: Get a room high up (10th floor or higher) to minimize any noise from the streets (outside facing roo...
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my first (and last) stay at the Omni. i was there for business, and I must say that the conference rate we received was excellent. But, the front desk clerks were very slow; it took me 25 minutes to check-out. The bill placed under our door was incorrect, ven though I went down to the desk the prior day to be sure everything would be divided correctly. There was one person in front of us when we went to the registration area,and two clerks. The clerk did not seem able to figure out the bill; I actually had to write out for him the breakdown (my parking was on my roommate's bill; the meals she charged were on my bill; he did not understand the concept of evenly dividing the room charge...).

When I went to retrieve my car (why is this separate? I would think this could all be done at the registration desk), I had to wait in line. The clerk was extremely rude, claiming I was, essentially, lying about having already paid the parking bill, even when I showed her my final receipt reflecting the charges. I then had to wait almost 15 minutes for my car.

I would have asked to speak with the manager, but I did not have time to wait! I was already late for my next appointment.

I have not written a bad review before, but the only positives I have to say are that the bed was comfortable. Also, the bellhop was very friendly and helpful in directing us to a nearby deli for lunch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dalton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Headed to Philips Arena for a concert, you can't get much more convenient than the Omni Hotel which attaches to the venue. Because there are many people coming in and out of CNN center for other things than staying at the Omni Hotel, I was very impressed with the amount of security and people ready to help lead you in the right direction. There were 3 at the elevators alone, more downstairs and top of escalators to protect people who stay there and also to guide. The valet was convenient, courteous and worth every cent. Very nice to be able to park, check in and not drive again until check out. Tons of restaurants just steps away. So very nice, as well, to be able to walk from our room to concert without battling the traffic. The room was very nice. We were on the 15th floor overlooking the center of the hotel. It had a large balcony that was very nice. The bedding was super comfortable. Room service very prompt. Even though we had the munchies after the concert, we found the 11 to 6 menu a little heavy and large. More supper type items. Which was fine, but it would have been nice to have some typical middle of the night food items to choose from. The rooms were very clean, quiet, beds were very comfortable. We slept until 10:00 which is unheard of for us. Like the 12:00 checkout. Allowed for a relaxing morning. My only criticism was I was surprised to find it behind on technology. It was very hard to find a place to charge phone, ipad etc that was convenient. My husband had to crawl up behind the bed to charge my cell which I needed beside me due to children at home with sitter. Also, we had a very old, big box TV that was filled with static and small choice of channels. Bathrooms very nice with robes and soft rug in front of sink. Small, tiny complaint, a bit of mold growing on grout and the grout had gaps leading my imagination to what could come crawling out of there. If they technology had been up to date, I would have given 5 stars even with the mold. Staff was incredibly helpful and kind. It was a very pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2013

Been to Omni Hotel at CNN Center? Share your experiences!