“Not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Hotel at CNN Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #24 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, NC
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I recently completed my annual pilgrimage to this property. All in all, I'd give it a fair rating. If you're in Atlanta to see the sights, this is a great location. Otherwise you can probably do better. I was happy to find that my room had been renovated. The bed was comfortable and the room very quiet (a priority). The bathroom was still very dated. The ceiling featured a drip from above which had turned into a hole and was in the process of caving in. The room service was good but the menu limited. I was at a large conference and there were many places throughout the facility to sit comfortably and have private conversations. The overall service this time around was very good. An improvement since last year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Management100, Manager at Omni Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Although we are happy to hear that your overall service was good we are sorry that the bathroom and ceiling were less than perfect. Your feedback is an invaluable tool to initiate change and we assure you that this has been shared with our management team. Thank you for your review and we do hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future.

1,751 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Cherokee, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This was my first visit to the Omni at CNN Center. All I can say is, "WOW!" I was very pleasantly surprised. There is so much to do and the best part is that it is all within walking distance. The lounge adjacent to the lobby area was lively with folks really enjoying themselves.

Our arrival was later in the evening and the lobby was decorated with glowing candles and orchids - very welcoming and warm atmosphere. The Front Desk Agent was very friendly and helpful. Upon entry to my room, the view from my window overlooking Centennial Park was superb!!

The CNN Center, Aquarium, dancing waters of Centennial Park, and Coca Cola Museum are all very close by. In addition, there is a Food Court attached to the hotel giving you a wide array of food choices. And I can't forget the CNN store - as a HUGE fan of CNN I had to stop in for some souvenirs. Be sure to check out the CNN tour too.

In summary, I am sure that you will enjoy the Omni at CNN Center as much as I did. I am definitely going back again very soon. The hospitality was outstanding, the rooms were spotless, and the views were nothing short of spectacular! Check it out - you will be glad you did!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Centennial Park.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for such a high rating and for such wonderful comment regarding your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We sincerely appreciate your letting everyone know of your satisfaction with your accommodations and the service of our dedicated staff. We look forward to welcoming you back...very soon!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have been traveling to Altanta for many years and I try to stay at the Onmi as much as possible, and This week was no different, excellent people, they really go out their way to please you, great location!!!

For sure I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Thank you very much for returning to our great city and for choosing to stay with us. We deeply appreciate your positive review and comments. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta.
SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This was at least our 5th stay at this Omni this year. I was disappointed in my overall visit. I am a platinum select guest member and usually have my room preferences honored. When we checked in the room had no feather pillows. We called housekeeping and waited, and waited, and waited for pillows. What they brought had some feathers in them, but they were NOT Omni pillows. They felt like they came out of a big box discount store and had foam and feathers! I am very picky with my pillows and loved the Omni pillows. I ordered some through the Omni Store and sleep with the at home. I did not call AGAIN as I did not want to wait another hour. We arrived shortly after 4 and I had done online check in, our reservation was not on the express board. They did not have water when we checked in the room. The night of our visit they did not give us our "Chef Inspired" (bag of pecans) amenity. When I got my bill in the am I had been charged for internet (it is comp for select guests). When I called the desk to reverse the charge AND ask about my missing newspaper and the missing amenity I was told they no longer provide papers on the weekend. Oh, one of my guilty pleasures to was to relax with the Sunday Atlanta paper! I was also told to take a bag of nuts from the bar comp. I was later charged for the nuts and had to call it reversed! What a pain! I did not really feel that I was a valued guest on this visit. Again, we have stayed there at least 5 times this year. This is only the second time in about four years that we have stayed in the North Tower. Both were less that satisfactory! Must be an omen. I will have to roll it all over when we head back to Atlanta next time, Something was really missing this time. Our only purpose was a great getway night. Left me lacking!

Room Tip: Go to the South Tower with an upper floor and exterior balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the issues that you experienced with the pillows, bag of pecans, Sunday newspaper and inaccurate charges to your account during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with our Management team. Thank you for staying with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I made reservation from the road as we were coming into town for a concert. Ended up being great for a location with only a block to walk to the venue. Our room had a balcony over looking the park which was nice. Valet service was very timely. Lots of restaurants within a short walk. No complimentary Wi-fi was a minus. The hotel staff was very nice with giving directions and recommendations for things to do in the area. .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Management100, Manager at Omni Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our location, your room, our valet service and our dedicated staff. Please know that in-room wi-fi is free for Omni Select Guests and it costs nothing to join. Please come back and visit us again the next time you are in town.
Buffalo Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I recently attended a conference held at the Convention Center Downtown in Atlanta, GA and stayed at this location. Loved the convenience of the site and just had to walk across the street to the Center. Also, loved the food court right down the hall at CNN Center. The CNN Center was very interesting and there were so many food choices when you were in a hurry and had to grab something. The security at CNN Center was great too. The hotel was very nice, clean, and had excellent service. I love easy check in and out, and that was true here. The location is great and there are also other restaurants in the same building, if you want a formal or sit down meal. Overall, it was a good trip and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted to read your review of your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience while staying with us for your conference. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Omni several times over the years. It is very convenient to stay there when going to games or concerts at Phillips Arena. However, our last stay will be our final. We made reservations a month ahead of time. Upon arrival, the room that we had reserved and paid for in advance was not available. This would have been okay if they had provided us with a similar room, but they did not. We walked into the room and started looking around. It was nice, with a huge dining table and kitched area (this was obviously a room used for entertaining or meetings) but we couldnt find a bed. So we looked at each other for a moment and thats when I spotted it....The bed pulled out of the wall!!! It was desguised as a cabinet..Needless to say it was very uncomfortable! They still charged us the full rate, and we had a very sleepless night. They were not very nice about the whole event either. Even though this is a very convenient place to stay, I will not give my money to people like this, who do not honor paid-in-full reservations. I suggest you pass on the Omni and find some place else. Very pricey as well.

Room Tip: Do not let them stick you in a room with a pullout bed!!!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is always in search of opportunities to make improvements and the feedback from our guests is a great way for us to pinpoint areas for us to focus on. We do hope that you will reconsider giving us another chance in the future.

Been to Omni Hotel at CNN Center? Share your experiences!