“Great place and location!” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Hotel at CNN Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #25 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
los angeles
“Great place and location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent business trip and really liked the hotel. It's in the CNN center and there are many restaurants either in the CNN center or nearby. It's also across from the Olympic park. I don't recommend walking around at night but daytime walking is fine. Beautiful hotel overall!

• Stayed June 2011
Management100, Manager at Omni Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
We are delighted that you stayed at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center for your recent business trip. Thank you for such high ratings. We hope you will come visit us again.

1,758 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have facilitated between giving this experience a 3 star or 4 star rating. Because I like the brand, I settled on 4 stars. But it could have been 3 stars because it could have been so much better.
Frankly if I hadn't looked at the marquis on the outside of the building when the cab dropped us off, I would have mistaken the appearance and service for a nice Hilton or a better Marriott. But not an Omni. That was due in large part, I believe, because at least during our stay the lobby was filled with conventioneers who certainly detracted from the sense of serenity.
We were checked in promptly but with no mention of our being members of their loyalty program. We were assigned a corner room looking into the CNN Center meeting area. But where most rooms had a balcony, we had none. The room was comfortable, as would have been expected, but not nearly as nice as some of the other Omni properties we had stayed at in the past (thinking Omni San Diego).
There were four elevators in the facility but I suspect only three were operational because we were always waiting with a hoard of people to catch the next up-bound elevator. The hotel requires a room key to use the elevator but routinely we saw people who pretty clearly were not staying there riding up with us to.....meet with their friend who works in housekeeping?
On the positive side we did go to McCormick & Schmick's for dinner which you can get to through the hotel. We were across the street from Centennial Park and walked to the
World of Coke which was a fun destination. When we went to the Atlanta Braves game we could easily walk around the CNN Center to the local MARTA station to get to the stadium.
On the negative side we were told the area is not the safest late at night. When we tried to take a taxi cab to dinner we were delayed by traffic control overseeing rush hour traffic which delayed our arrival and added substantial costs to our fare ($30.00 for a seven mile taxi ride, really!?!)
By the end of our two night stay it just seemed obvious that things were a little tattered and frayed. A large hotel with an almost constant business that has little time to rejuvenate itself. I bet it makes a ton on money for Omni, but it does not, in my estimation, live up to the standards of the brand.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center prides itself in the ability to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guest. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference at the GWCC which is situated directly behind the hotel making access easy and safe - after all Atlanta hasn't the best reputation. The hotel is nicely laid out being joined to the CNN building giving extra choices for eating with a large food court. I ate at the Omni's various restaurants/ cafes and in the CNN food court which were all excellent - the food court was particularly good value. My room was a good standard with comfortable beds and sitting area. I did have a problem at checkout where I was charged for items from the mini bar eventhough the security seal was still intact - this was reversed without question.
Briefly I managed to visit the coca cola museum and the Aquarium which were enjoyable and well worth visiting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
We appreciate your review and we are so glad you chose to stay with us while you were attending a conference at GWCC. Thank you for the high ratings. We hope you come back and stay with us again at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was here for a week at a conference. When I made the initial reservation I asked for an upper level room as I am a light sleeper. Upon check in I was given a room overlooking the atrium - still noisy no matter how far up you are. I called the front desk and requested a change. They were extremely prompt and friendly in fulfilling my request. I was then placed on the TOP floor of the newer tower. WOW! Nice large windows with a great view of Centennial Olympic Park. The room was nice, modern, quiet and clean. Try Googie Burger while at Centennial Park! Definitely check out the Atlanta History Museum, Martin Luther King, Jr. History Center, Georgia Aquarium and the Margaret Mitchell House.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Too often we write about 'bad' experiences, I want to give public Kudos to the staff at the Omni (CNN) Atlanta for making our recent experience memorable and wonderful.
Arrived 7:30pm on a Friday after early morning flight and 10+ hours working a convention. Very tired. Quick check-in and room exactly what my wife requested (mid-level, corner overlooking the park). Got to room and found someone else clothes, keys, dirty bed, etc. Called front desk.
Within 20 minutes (they called back 3 times) we were 'upgraded'. Front Desk person and bell clerk met us at elevator. With a smile lady asked my wife to close her eyes, she took her by the hand, walked down the hall and opened the door to top floor suite. full kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 baths. Honestly would have been happy with just another room. This was above and beyond our expectations and as we worked 10-12 hour days throughout the weekend, coming 'home' to our special penthouse was a real treat.
Kudos to the Omni.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed overnight for a conference and had a room with double beds. Bed was very comfortable. Nice bedding. I loved the bathroom. Spacious and great lighting for the old makeup. Nice view of the city and very near many attractions. I live near Atlanta so I wasn't doing the tourist thing, just working. One point I'd like to make is that the hotel is huge. It took us forever and a day to get to our rooms. I hated that. I mean, like I know I walked a mile between cooridors and escalators. I was in and out, so I don't have much else to say. Stay was polite.

Valet parking - typical in Atlanta. Overpriced, but hey your car is safe. Business center was kind of janky. At one point we couldn't find anyone to fix the printer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We hope that you stay with us again at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was a great hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They went out of their way to make sure that we felt special being a rewards member. The amenities were very good. Can't beat the location or service of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We deeply appreciate your positive review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.

Been to Omni Hotel at CNN Center? Share your experiences!