I was in Atlanta for Hawks Basketball and Falcons Football games and chose this hotel due to its very reasonable rates compared to other hotels in the area and that fact that it seemed relatively close to both the Philips Arena and the Georgia Dome. In fact it proved to be even closer than I thought to these venues with even a relatively unfit person like myself managing the walk there in less than fifteen minutes (and I'm sure it can be done faster by those in shape!)
As the hotel is within good walking distance of the sporting arenas, it also is very handily located for World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium and the CNN centre. It's also handily located on West Peachtree Street near some great restaurants and bars and near the Peachtree Centre MARTA station, which is handy if you want to travel further afield too.
Even as a solo traveller I felt safe in the general location and by getting there along the main West Peachtree strip you're very much in a busy area with plenty of police presence to calm you. Some of the side streets are dark and un-populated but again, I never felt unsafe or threatened.
The hotel room itself was perfectly functional with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom facilities (complete with great and strong shower) and although I was on my own and thus had plenty of room I also think it would have been acceptable for two people as well. A pleasant surprise was the in-room safe which was free and gave me somewhere to store my valuables. There was some noise from what I presume were generators outside but this wasn't a problem at all. You could hear some noise from adjacent bars but again this didn't cause me any particular problems.
Breakfasts are simple, but great for a good fill-up before a busy day. There's a choice of cereals, waffles and hot breakfast food (sausage, eggs, potatoes and grits) with endless supplies of hot and cold drinks.
Finally the staff were very friendly and courteous and willing to help in any way they could.
All in all I thought this was a great hotel. For extra money (a LOT in some cases) you could get closer to the attractions but there are also plenty of hotels in the area that are no more convenient for the big attractions but will charge you a lot more. If I ever return to Atlanta, I would have no hesitation in going back to the Best Western Plus.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At The Peachtrees Hotel
- Best Western Plus Inn At The Peachtrees Hotel Atlanta
- Hotel At The Peachtrees
- At The Peachtrees Atlanta
- Best Western Atlanta
- Atlanta Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Atlanta, the new Inn at the Peachtrees is close to all of Atlanta's well know attractions. In addition, the Inn is walking distance to most of Atlanta's Fortune 500 companies. Whether you are here on business or pleasure the Inn at the Peachtrees is the perfect place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Peachtrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.