“Yall SUCK!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Yall SUCK!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

From the bell hop on the first day to the front desk not knowing to spread pre-paid parking cost across the board for all 5 rooms so there would be no confusion in the motor lodge. Instead they put all pre-paid parking on one room which left the other 4 showing unpaid in the system. Wasted my time in the motor lodge with the cashier trying to figure out what was going on when me and my family should be enjoying downtown Atlanta. Our room had a leaking sink faucet when the water was turned on, the bell hop seen the issue and he stated he would let the front desk know. Waited for 1hr and no one came. Then I phoned the problem in and seems like no one cared to address the situation. Did not have no time for the non sense for we came to enjoy our family vacation. With the exception of a few friendly faces in your staff the rest of them need ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENTS!!!!MAJORLY....NOT THE KIND OF REPRESENTATION YOU WANT FOR YOUR BRAND!!! just totally disgusted in the hyatt brand.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

1,164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We were there Jan 1st and were immediately impressed with the service and attentiveness of the staff and when we went to our room we were very pleasantly surprised by the Vegas style decor, very modern and extremely comfortable. Apparently the hotel is under renovation so the rates are extremely low for the quality of this hotel, we were really glad for the value and cannot wait to come back. We had the breakfast buffet as well and except for no Belgian waffles as my husband was craving everything else was excellent. Absolutely loved the dark wood and contemporary style of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Commerce, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stay in Atlanta often and enjoy trying different hotels. When I ask for specific things and they are available during my stay, a hotel makes sure I get them. I was told I would receive a room on a specific floor with specific upgraded amenities. I got the opposite. to top it off, the staff was not helpful, couldn't fix the TV or drippy faucet. The room was old, dirty, and in major need of renovation. I'm not an occasional traveler. If I am told one thing, I expect it. I think anyone would. I will not stay here again. I've stayed at too many other hotels that were far better!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I apologize for your guest room experience and we will certainty use your story as a training tool for the staff to ensure these types of challenges don't happen again. We are currently undergoing our $60 million transformation which will include the last tower of guest rooms, our Atrium Tower -- to be completely renovated. I assure you, these are not common Hyatt Regency Atlanta practices and are below our standard level of service. We value your comments and hope you will consider us again for your next stay.

Best,

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at a king size bed room in the international tower. The room was clean and has a lot of space with a wide desk and a relaxing chair. The location is good so that I could get there from Metro station or other hotels without getting out of doors. The most gratefull thing is the kindness of staffs who helped me get my wallet back that was left in a safe in the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Jasper, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Had a great time. Booked the room thru hotwire and got a fantastic deal. Very worried about the reviews of this hotel but had a GREAT stay. It was New Years Eve and the hotel lobby was crowded however the check in line moved quickly and the front desk service was fantastic. We walked to a concert at Phillips Arena and walked back well after midnight. Felt very safe. The streets were well lit and police on every corner but of course it was New Years Eve. Hotel had security at every entrance. Again felt very safe. Our hotel room was recently renovated and more than pleased with the accomodations. Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Gambrills, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I was a bit hesitant about staying here, based on the reviews, but got a great deal on Priceline ($53 plus tax, total $68). We stayed here one night during the holidays and enjoyed it. We had two double beds and the room, while not huge, was adequate; the only problem I noted was that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. We had adequate hot water/water pressure and no problems with noise. The room did not have a microwave or minifridge, but did have a coffee-maker.

Our room was on the 20th floor and had a great view of the Atlanta skyline. When I mentioned during check-in that it was my birthday, the desk clerk offered to send up a complimentary glass of wine, a nice treat. The construction in the lobby was not bothersome. The desk staff were polite and gave good directions. The bellhop brought up our bags promptly. The valet parking, while pricey for $27, was quick and allowed unlimited ins and outs. There is a food court practically next door to the hotel, which we used instead of the expensive breakfast buffet.

The hotel is in a very convenient area of downtown, and the obvious police presence discouraged all but one panhandler. Internet was not free, but is free in the nearby food court.

The best thing about this hotel was the open atrium. My teenaged daughter and her friend were amazed at the view, and at the open elevators. They thought it was fantastic. We adults enjoyed it too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

This was my second time staying at this particular Hyatt in two weeks. During the previous stay there was a misunderstanding with my visit; during this stay, the front desk clerk, Mehmet, made everything right -- even better than I expected. In fact, the service throughout the hotel was excellent. The room was large and comfortable, and the shower was high quality. My previous room had a problem with the bathroom sink (the faucet made a terrible groaning noise), but the faucet last night was just fine. I had one complaint with the room: I was in an upgraded king room with a refrigerator, but there were no glasses, only paper / styrofoam cups. I would expect a Hyatt of this quality to supply actual glasses for their clients instead of asking them to drink from paper! Nevertheless, my stay was excellent. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast buffet the next morning was ample and diverse. I will go back for a third visit. Be aware that there is a fairly hefty charge for parking, but the room rates are relatively reasonable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Regency Atlanta? Share your experiences!