“Might be nice but I couldn't get through on the phone” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Might be nice but I couldn't get through on the phone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had planned to stay here for 4 nights next week so I called to ask how long it would take me to get to the hotel from the airport. First person that answered the phone just transferred me without saying a word when I asked my question. The second person put me on hold as soon as she answered the phone, after about 10 mins someone picked up the phone, I heard a lot of laughing and then was put on hold again. After 15 minutes I hung up.
Am thinking of going to stay somewhere else now.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We do apologize to hear about your experience upon calling the hotel. Please let us answer your question now, in saying that you have two options to arrive from the airport to the hotel. (1) MARTA is our public transportation train that can take you directly from the airport to the hotel in 17minutes at a $5 round trip fare. (2) A taxi can take you from point A to point B within 20 minutes at various costs. We do hope that you will give our hotel an opportunity to host you during your travels. We hope to see you and wish you safe travels upon arriving in Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay. I was in town for a conference and could have picked any hotel. The fact that I paid $125 a night and the service I received was unacceptable. It started off bad when I went to check in and I had my suitcase and three bags in my arm and stood there for about 10 minutes before anyone helped me. I waited in line to check in and was ignored. A guest, had to point out that I had been standing there without receiving help. Then, I went to check in my room and the room was not clean. The toilet seat was up, there was trash in the trashcan the bed was not made. When I sat on the bed to call down to the front desk to let them know my room was not clean, I looked down to see hair all over the bed. When I called to complain to the front desk they sent someone to my room to give me another key for another room but didn’t offer to help me move my bags. The next day I was leaving my room to find a gentlemen in front of me with his bags. He had been given the wrong room key as well. The front desk might have been having an off day, but I am still upset that no one took it serious that I was very upset with the room having pubic hair on the bed.

Regarding the room, there is no counter space. Very hard to get ready as a female. I was staying here for business and could not receive internet connection. My room included wifi, however there was never a good enough connection to even send an email.

Overall, I would never stay here ever again. Very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Lived in Atlanta all of my life until 3 years ago, moving to Florida. Always remember the Hyatt Regency Atlanta with it's huge open atrium lobby and glass elevators - and it's high end feel. Recently stayed here over the Easter weekend while in Atlanta to visit family and the hotel is still classy and high end feeling. They have done a great job of keeping the hotel rooms and common spaces up to date and in good condition. At the front desk, Nathaniel, was as nice and welcoming as any staff encountered as any hotel I have ever visited. The other staff we encountered were also very friendly and helpful. The room was very well done and even had a sliding glass door and a very small balcony to step out on to view the city sights (most hotels have sealed these doors closed for security and/or liability). The only issue encountered was that upon check out on Monday, we noticed a couple of small dents on the car when the valet brought it around, but they promptly completed an incident report and said they would be back in touch in a few days (still waiting...) Overall, it was a great stay and will definitely stay again on the next visit back to ATL.

Room Tip: Go with a higher floor for better views
Green Features: It seems tha they have the same typical policies that most hotels have, which is good. Did not see anything out of the norm that they do better than other hotels in this regards.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us during your trip back 'home' for Easter. Thanks for sharing your great experience with our Front Desk agent. Our agents are truly great as they are the first and last impression you have of the hotel. We will be sure to share your experience with him and his team members! Glad you enjoyed your room accommodations and the fresh air accessible through your balcony. We so pleased to hear you will be visiting with us again upon your many trips back home. We look forward to seeing you then!
Waupaca, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I took a group of students and chaperones to this hotel for the National Junior High School Chess Tournament. We had also stayed here for a chess tournament in 2008, and they have updated the place nicely, except the revolving restaurant is still not open :(
We had great rates because of the chess tournament, and the service was excellent, except for maid service, which was slow, but that was to be expected because the hotel was at capacity due to the chess tournament and another convention. Prices in the restaurants were expensive, but that is a hazard of taking a school group to a luxury/business hotel, but having a food court at the Peachtree Center (connected by skywalk) solved that problem. Premium Internet was $15 a day, but unlike other Hyatts, Hiltons and the Gaylord Opryland that we have stayed at, the internet speed was great. I had a little problem with a double billing from the restaurant, but hotel management was great in getting it tracked down and fixed. Our only real complaint was waiting for elevators. The hotel has 5, one was dead, all are slow and we often had to wait 10-15 minutes and once almost 45. Stairs are out for me after 10 (yes really) knee surgeries, so the elevator situation was annoying. In any case we are going back to Atlanta in 2016 for another chess event and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during your time in Atlanta. We love when our guests return to our property and we're excited to be seeing you again in 2016. It's wonderful to hear that your stay was enjoyable and met your expectations. Since your last visit we have gone under a $65 million renovation including our guest rooms, meeting spaces, fitness center and outlets (and yes that includes Polaris, opening June 10). We're pleased to hear you appreciated these new updates. As you experienced, we are located next door to Peachtree Center Mall with various dining options, plus the hundreds of restaurants within walking distance. Our team is always available to help you with any questions you may have, and it's great to hear that we could assist you on everything you needed during your stay. See you in 2016!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Hyatt Regency in downtown Orlando is a great hotel. The staff is professional, the hotel is clean and the location is right in the heart of downtown and conveniently located to everything. I would definitely stay in this location again.

Room Tip: For business travel the rooms in the Radius Tower are quiet and private.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
It's wonderful to hear that you enjoy your stay with Hyatt properties and we hope you continue to be a loyal Hyatt customer. Come back and see us!
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the regency club for four nights. It was okay but not great. The hotels elevators were not all running so sometimes it took 10 minutes to get a lift from the 22nd floor to the lobby. The rooms are clean and comfortable but despite an upgrade, still have the 1960, 1970 motif. Pretty dull to say the least.

The staff was excellent and friendly. Overall a nice stay but not a top class hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
It was great to have you with us! Our Regency Club is a great amenity available to our guests with complimentary wi-fi, drinks and snacks throughout the day, ample space to stretch and relax in our VIP accommodations. Our staff is a wonderful asset to our company and strive to make every guests comfortable is what continues to set us apart as a great, valuable property. Outside of the hotel, multiple restaurants, bars and great attractions are within walking distance of the front drive. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ridiculously slow elevators, both in waiting to get on them and also time it takes to get to higher floors because of having to stop on every single floor up or down. Situation could be improved by assigning an elevator or two to specific floor ranges.

Other things we hated: 1) Valet parking only and pricey - self parking is (sort of) available a block away (in a scary part of town). 2) Our room had no bathtub, just a shower. 3) $10 per day for Wi-Fi??? Wi-Fi ought to be free or at least included in the room cost as it is in most competitor hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms take forever to access because of slow elevators. Paying extra for a ground flo...
Green Features: Charging $5 for in-room water bottles keeps everyone drinking tap water.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations, nor our standards. Our entire team strives to provide top notch service and amenities to our guests to ensure your stay is memorable and relaxing. As we do offer valet parking for your convenience, there are nearby self-parking opportunities. For any of your web surfing/work needs, our property provides complimentary wi-fi in the lobby and throughout all outlets, featuring ample seating and electrical outlets for your device(s). We hope you will give us another chance to WOW you by you visiting with us again, next time.

Been to Hyatt Regency Atlanta? Share your experiences!