“Location is Great!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fairhope, Alabama
“Location is Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were in town for Cheersport competition. Check in was fast and best service for valet and getting our luggage to our room. We walked to all our destinations. My only complaint was housekeeping. They did not even come to our room to replenish towels or toiletries. I had to ask for them each night. They only came in once to dump our trash. We were there for 3 nights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments. We're glad your overall stay was good, but we do apologize for any issues you may have had with housekeeping. Our staff works hard to ensure the rooms are cleaned and stocked each day. And we hope you enjoyed Cheersport. We enjoyed having everyone with us. Please stay with us again.

1,165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We are staying in a room on the 15th floor on the atrium. The 22 story atrium is quite beautiful.
The room is spotless.
The check-in experience was a bit of a mess though. We attempted to pre-register via smartphone before we arrived. The walk-up counter in the lobby was balky. The first keys we received did not open the door...back to the lobby...the second keys opened the door to find that the room was occupied !!! Back to the lobby again...there was a mix up because of a common surname. The desk agent was very apologetic and gave us a free upgrade to an upper floor room.
Taking the MARTA from the airport was so easy. No transfers needed. Each card cost a dollar, then each ride was just $2.50. The station is right next to the hotel in a shopping mall.
We were hungry last night but didn't feel like going out or room service. Jimmy Johns sandwiches is one block away. We called them at 8:53, and they delivered at 9:04. Pretty amazing. $17 including tip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for you comments. Apologies for any mixups, and we're glad our staff was able to get you checked in. And you're right, MARTA is an easy, direct route to our door from the airport, with no traffic! Please do stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference at the hotel, the entire four days were pleasant with excellent service and helpful staff. Food for the events were catered by hotel staff, and the attention to service and quality was exceptional. The room was clean, not very quiet due to being close to a fire station but the heavy curtains did help decrease the noise. The staff attending to rooms was prompt and friendly. Good attention to details. I would not hesitate to return for another stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your review. We're really proud of our catering and banquet staff, and the food they produce is outstanding. Thanks for mentioning. Hope you can stay with us again soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I literally can't say enough about the customer service at this hotel. Everyone from the valets to the housekeeping team went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the decor was ultra-modern.

I was there for business, and it had all the amenities I needed, plus a very convenient central location. There's a restaurant, bar and coffeeshop all within the lobby. We found the food to be exceptional. Have a drink at 22 Stories, their bar, if you get a chance ... the bloody mary is the best ever.

A few things to note: bring cash to tip. You'll need it -- they're service-oriented, meaning that you can't even bring a luggage cart to your room without a bellhop. Also, for those with motion sensitivity, be advised that the glass elevators, while beautiful, are FAST, and they gave me a little vertigo (but I'm a total wimp :))

I'd definitely recommend this place -- if you're heading to Atlanta, give it a try!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Wow, thanks for your comments. We're so proud of our staff and their dedication to customer service, so thanks for pointing that out. Hope you can stay with us the next time you're in town. P.S. we like our bloody marys too.
Tecumseh, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Check in line was a little long, but I arrived on a Sunday and I figured most guests were checking out. It was expected and the line moved quickly. Once in front of a desk clerk, my actual check-in was very fast. Maybe too fast. The clerk did not explain to me how to get to my room. The hotel has multiple towers. I wandered around for a few minutes on my own trying to figure things out but couldn't. When I went back to the desk, the same clerk realized his mistake and gave me directions before I could ask. No big deal. I should have asked the first time.

The room was pretty standard as far as hotel rooms go. I actually expected a little more from the extravagant lobby, but it was - in reality - exactly what I should have expected from the photos online. So again, I cannot hold the hotel accountable for my dilutions of grandeur.

The restaurant in the lobby was very crowded for dinner. I opted to explore the area around the hotel. I found tons of shops and restaurants. Even on a Sunday night, this hotel is in a very lively area. I found an excellent little pub to have dinner in and couldn't have been happier.

I had an excellent night's sleep in the hotel. Even though the weekend I was there was the last day of the National Cheer-leading Competition, there was zero noise in my room. The internet, for premium service (i.e. streaming video) cost me $12. It wasn't really worth $12. Even though when you purchase the internet, it specifically lists Netflix as an option, the streaming was somewhat lagging. I was underwhelmed.

This is a very fancy hotel with a wide variety of options. Despite the few minor issues, I would look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your comments. We're so glad you found a place you enjoyed to eat and had a good night's sleep. That's what we're here for! Hope you can stay with us again the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for a Valentine's Day special. We live in an Atlanta suburb, but we wanted to stay somewhere in walking distance of downtown restaurants and attractions. It really is an easy walk to the Georgia Aquarium.

We were already familiar with the lobby and hotel restaurant/bars, since we come every year for Dragon*Con, but this was our first time staying in a room here. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. It was quiet, and the view from our balcony was lovely.

Our only complaint is that wifi wasn't free in the room. Beyond that, it was a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your comments, and we're glad you could enjoy our Valentine's Day package. Hope you and yours had a great holiday weekend. Please stay with us again. Hope to see you at Dragon*Con!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable and decorated very nicely. The temperature and the fan were easy to operate. It was nice that the fan ran continuously and didn't cycle on and off. The bell hops went out of their way to hold open elevators. The manager directed me to a kiosk to speed check-in. The wait staff was friendly and very accommodating and super sweet to my 10-year old daughter. But I expected more when my daughter and I were sitting in the lobby restaurant eating dinner and a few ice cubes were tossed from the 21st floor and missed her by about 3 feet. We moved tables to go under the overhang for safety. I told the waitress and she didn't really seem surprised. All she said was that she told security. Kind of expected more from her and the hotel.

The rooms open to a 22 story atrium and as soon as you opened your door you were hit with the noise coming up from the lobby (we were on the 4th floor), but when our door was closed I didn't hear it. That said, another complaint were the doors! They were so heavy that when our neighbors let theirs shut normally the slam was quite loud in our room.

This was my first experience in Atlanta. I thought I would feel safer walking the streets. Walking John Portman Boulevard to the World Congress Center and walking back from the aquarium were scary. There are often men alone and in groups lurking around. If you walk to the World Congress Center use Andrew Young International Boulevard - do not go down John Portman - too desolate!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your comments. We're glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. We're sorry about your experience downtown. Atlanta leaders have made great strides to improve our city center, including attractions like the Georgia Aquarium and the College Football Hall of Fame (coming in 2014). But Atlanta is a major city, so please check with our concierge if you have questions or concerns. Hope you can stay with us again!

Been to Hyatt Regency Atlanta? Share your experiences!