“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Parking and Internet
Ranked #53 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Burnaby, BC
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm surprised at how negative some of the reviews are for this hotel. I stayed here for three days and couldn't ask for more. I got a great rate on Priceline, my room was big, and the common areas were great. The hotel is massive and a little confusing at first, but I quickly got the lay of the land and figured it all out. The bar in the middle of the lobby was great, and the store that sells food was just as good (get the chicken pot pie!). The lobby area got pretty loud at times, but it didn't bother me. It's close to Olympic Park and a few other sites as well. Personally, I wish there was a hotel like this in every city I go to for work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed our Twenty Two Stories bar, and our Market 24-hour shop, (not to mention the pot pie, which we agree is delicious). Please stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Statesville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We take quarterly business trips to Atlanta to visit the Mart. This was our first stay at the Hyatt Regency and was quite disappointing compared to other places we stayed downtown. First we went to the reservation desk and my wife said "reservation for _____" and the associate asked "what the name?'. The room was not ready and that was ok so I went to the bellman to store the luggage and asked him to store these for"___last name___" . Paying little attention he asked name?" We were given wrong directions to our room (there are several towers). Our room was much smaller than a NY room with a toilet you had to squeeze onto. The bed was smaller than promised. The TV was placed a a very strange angle to the bed. WIFI very expensive and packaged with TV movie deals. There were no reading lights. Pipes from the elevator clanked and banged at night. The lady at the parking pick up was abrupt and unfriendly. All in all not too impressive for any hotel much less a Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Don't be placed in the round towers.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We're very sorry your stay was not up to our standards. Our associates generally work hard to be professional, attentive and helpful with every guest. But your comments are helpful as we review our staff training moving forward. If you'd like to speak with someone directly, please feel free to call the hotel's main number and ask for our Guest Services Manager. She can address your concerns with more detail. And please consider us again the next time you're in town. We'd love another chance to show you a true Hyatt Regency Atlanta experience.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at this property for a week, and found;
The room to be modern, clean and efficient, (although a little small if you stay in the radius tower).
The staff extremely helpful, and friendly.
The location is also convenient if you want to be near the Congress Center, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. And thanks for praising our hard-working staff. Please stay with us again the next time you're in Atlanta.
Lanett, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta a couple of years ago when it was being renovated. At the time, I was pleased with the hotel, but the common areas seemed a little sparse to me. I didn't know it was under renovation and the room was very good, so I didn't think anything of it. This trip, the renovations were complete and the hotel was absolutely wonderful! The common areas were beautifully decorated and the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. We had a balcony with doors that actually opened so we could see the city. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was recessed a little away from the sleeping area, which allowed for more privacy. The room was equipped with a refrigerator and a safe. It also had a large desk in one corner and a chair with a footrest in another corner. It was a spacious room.

My only issues were the heat and a little squeak in the bed when I sat up during the night. We got too warm during the night and no amount of lowering the setting on the heat changed anything. If I had stayed another night, I would have definitely reported the problem with the heat.

One outstanding compliment I can pay is to the staff. They are so courteous and helpful and patient with our every request. They get five stars!

Overall, I rate this hotel highly and I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Wow, thanks so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. And yes, we have just completed a $65 million transformation that has completely changed our look and feel. Thanks for noticing. And if you ever have issues with your room systems, please don't hesitate to call the front desk. We're here to make you comfortable! Please stay with us again!
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta for three days for a conference. Here are the good things: clean, nice room, incredibly helpful and friendly staff, beautiful lobby, and a GREAT hotel restaurant called Sway. Sway has some of the best upscale southern cuisine I've ever had, and I am from the south. Here are the not so good things: everything you do has to be accessed on their video/TV linksys system (room service, movies, internet), and mine wasn't working. When I told them, they were really nice but suggested I didn't know how to use it and gave me instructions. Two days later and lots of trying later, I told them again, and they said they would send someone up who never arrived. My Kindle Fire wouldn't pick up any internet at all, and I had no movies, so I was reduced to relaxing by watching movies on my phone. I got a hard copy room service menu and tried ordering the old fashioned way on the phone and stayed on hold for ten minutes, Coffee service in the room is really Motel 6 level -- paper cups, poor grade coffee, old fashioned one cup maker, powdered creamer. Do NOT order food at the main bar, 27 Stories -- it took forever and was not very good. DO order food at the bar in Sway -- it's not crowded, has a much better drink selection, and the food is fantastic. And the bartender was fantastic also. For the money, I'd expect much better quality and service overall.

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views of Atlanta.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We are very proud of what our Executive Chef has done with Sway. We agree it's some of the best Southern food around. Thanks for mentioning. And we apologize that your in-room technology was not working. We are making improvements to the system. Hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We (3 people) booked the Hyatt Regency for the night of the NFC Championship game. Hotels.com had a special for free valet parking and free Internet. Couldn't pass it up because we saved almost $50 (overnight parking is at least $30 wherever you stay in Atlanta). Pretty easy to find off I75-South. Called to get an early check-in, but was told to come to the hotel to see what was available. When I arrived, the line looked long (4 or 5 deep), but they had at least 8 customer service reps behind the front desk! Nice! It moved quick, but the room wasn't ready. Said she would take our phone number and call when it was available. In the meantime, we could store our stuff in the room behind the concierge. Had the car valet parked, and a minute later, we had our stuff on a shelf with a receipt for pick up later. We ate at a place close to the hotel, and within 45 minutes, they had called to say our room was ready. On NFC Championship weekend, I was very impressed with how smooth everything went! The hotel itself was beautiful with inwardly facing doors to an open area, and the room was clean and neat. The standard double bed rooms are full (not queen), so it's a little close if you're not sleeping with your significant other. Overall, a great hotel in a great location, and it wasn't too far of a walk from the stadium (less than 1 mile). I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We're really glad you enjoyed your stay. And thanks for mentioning our outstanding staff. Having the NFC Championship game in Atlanta was a great experience. There's always next year! Hope you and your friends will come back and stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. The decor was clean, modern, and very up-to-date. So convenient to everything downtown. Staff very helpful. Will definitely make another stay here on my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2013
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Wow, thanks for your comments. We've just completed a $65 million transformation, so glad it showed! And thanks for mentioning our hard-working staff. Please stay with us again.

Been to Hyatt Regency Atlanta? Share your experiences!