Hyatt's "three nights for the price of two" offer made this central downtown location the obvious choice for a long weekend. This hotel was the latest in design and technology in 1967 - now very well renovated and still with an impressive lobby and 22-story atrium. Courteous desk personnel attempted to upgrade my room - but many rooms were not yet available (Friday at 3 pm). Had standard king in Atrium Tower (main building). Stylish decorated and spacious, modern, clean, nice amenities, full tech big screen TV, fridge (no mini-bar) - but no glasses, just paper cups. That's odd. Tiled bath with rain-shower head, toiletries included toothpaste. Full size balcony with city view facing other high rise structures. Traffic noise is funneling up on the outside, as is the noise from the lobby bar in the atrium indoors. Your neighbors can keep you entertained - or frustrated, via the thin connecting doors. Service desk staff offered me a room switch immediately when I mentioned noise disturbance.
Sway restaurant has an excellent breakfast buffet (included in many Hyatt package offers) which features European style cold cuts and cheeses, a cerial and fruit bar, hot dishes like pancakes, applewood smoked chicken sausage, sweet potato hash and scrambled eggs (unfortunately watery-reconstituted, the only let-down). Service is friendly but seemed discombobulated, several waiters inquired about my coffee and juice choices, but nobody delivered. Dinner menu is Contemporary Southern, interesting and dishes are tasty.
Marta subway station accross the street, Aquarium and Coca-Cola within 10 minute walk. many restaurants close by. A convenience/liquor store at the street corner will help you with liquid libitations. BTW: Marta takes you directly into the ATL airport terminal in 20 minutes for $2.50.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel
- Atlanta Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Atlanta
- Atlanta Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Peachtree Street and the heart of downtown Atlanta, Hyatt Regency Atlanta is the premier meeting and convention hotel. The 22-story atrium is an architectural "first" that revolutionize hotel design worldwide! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.